Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
sowega

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Sorry to hear of your "po health", but sure glad to have you back on board. Please take care and let us know if we can help. Our prayers will be with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:25 pm

thumbs up Glad you are feelin' better, Hill. Sorry to hear that you've been under the knife...but sounds like you are on the mend. Hope the second surgery is not necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hill

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:54 am

Thank you both for your concern. I am feeling better and hopefully on the way to full recovery (and yes MM; preferably without that second surgery)...I am optimistic!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senator69

PostSubject: celebration memories   Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Hill,I hope you get to feelin better soon!Surgery and not feelin up to par sucks so GET WELL quick !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Hill, Bless your heart, had no idea you were convalescing. Glad your back and wishing you a full recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Hill, hope you will do well from your surgery and not require any more. I have not been on here much lately. Between the granddaughters and working before and during the International, I have not had a lot of spare time. I have made one very interesting discovery............ I am definitely NOT as young as I used to be. These last few nights, I have walked miles in that red Miller Coliseum soft dirt and had a 2 a.m. bedtime. Whew!! The body is screaming for rest!!!!!! surrender
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coco

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:49 pm

Hill, hope you are feeling better VERY soon!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:53 pm

smitty wrote:

The little blond girl presenting the trophy in 1989 is Mary Kinney Lowe.
She is the daughter of Burt Daugette. She is presenting the Moon Glow Jr.
C.W. Daugette Memorial challenge trophy. She was 8 years old. Now she is
an OBGYN Doctor in Jackson Miss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razor

PostSubject: I Remember   Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:10 am

Watching horses work on THE HILL behind the East Grandstand after the show.
Cruising the barns in my new car
Eating Country ham sandwitches from the VFW food stand
Eating Donuts from the Civitans
Barnstorming C. A. Bobo's ,Vic Thompson's , Mack Motes
The colt sale at Harlinsdale Farm
Eating at Turner's Cafeteria and Pope's on the square
Going to the Blue Ribbon Saddle Company to smell the leather
Looking at all the Trophies in the trophy case under the West Grandstand
The night that Vice President LBJ visited the Celebration
Classes with 100 entries and three workouts
Cool nights with wool clothes
People dressing up for the show
The Showmanship of Sam Paschal
Getting an ice cream cone in Bell Buckle
The Smell of cedar shavings from the pencil factory in horse stalls
Whitlin' sticks
The wheel they used to spin to pick the judges for each class
Emmett Guys voice
Jimmy Richardson's organ music
The Crush I had on Anne Daugette

Back to top Go down
View user profile
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:00 am

Razor,

David Mason of Wartrace, TN read your above post and wanted me to tell you he really enjoyed it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:36 am

I keep saying that we need a LIKE button.
RRR you are so sweet and sentimental. I love your post too.

Do you remember the "brassiere" burger? You may not have been in the car that night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 am

Bubbadog I don't remember the brasier burger.
However I do remember several parties at the
Hillcrest apartments!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:12 am

I thought that maybe you were in the car one night coming home from a horse show with Vic driving. Clarence was asleep in the back seat when we stopped at Dairy Queen in Tullahoma (I think) Vic asked everybody what they wanted - Clarence woke up looked at the sign that said BRAZIER burger and said that he would have a BRASSIERE burger - Vic and Daddy almost cried laughing at poor sleepy Clarence.
I think that I 'disremember" more of the Hillcrest parties than I remember and that is probably a good thing. All I know is that those were the best summers of my life!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:40 am

smitty wrote:
Razor,

David Mason of Wartrace, TN read your above post and wanted me to tell you he really enjoyed it.

I remember David Mason showing Super Sport and Super Stock.
We bred our mare Pretty Woman to Super Sport.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:49 am

Bubbadog wrote:
I thought that maybe you were in the car one night coming home from a horse show with Vic driving. Clarence was asleep in the back seat when we stopped at Dairy Queen in Tullahoma (I think) Vic asked everybody what they wanted - Clarence woke up looked at the sign that said BRAZIER burger and said that he would have a BRASSIERE burger - Vic and Daddy almost cried laughing at poor sleepy Clarence.
I think that I 'disremember" more of the Hillcrest parties than I remember and that is probably a good thing. All I know is that those were the best summers of my life!

Bubba Dog

Bird Dog just came in and said she remembers the Brassier Burgur Story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm

You must not have been in the car - Poor Clarence - it was HILARIOUS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senator69

PostSubject: I remember   Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Razor,please tell those SUPER Daugette sisters that Jr. Cottle said 'HEY'!I don't know if they remember me or not.I'm the short little guy that was with Marvin Wilson when he was at Vic's.He always called me "HEAVY"!I loved their horses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senator69

PostSubject: celebration memories   Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:14 pm

She was adorable razor !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Bubbadog, we DO have a "LIKE" button on WHT...................here it is:

thumbs up

Heck, we even got a "DOUBLE-LIKE" button......

2 Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Embarassed
And I would like to give Smitty a shout out for my fine Cissy Soap logo - have had many compliments on it . Thanks so much for a wonderful gift!
And if ya'll haven't seen it on FB - go look at it - our Smitty is so talented and you might NEED some soap or lotion. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:43 am

I REMEMBER

When the Celebration started on the Tuesday before Labor Day and lasted five nights
The ladies on Road Horses under sadle class at the Celebration
Dee Dee Decker's Silver Sequin Riding coat on Mr. Sensation
Jan Wright's White Riding Coat on Dark Shadow
The Colored Grooms class at the Celebration
Eating Kentucky Fried Chicken at the Rebel Maid Drive In
When Walking Horses had to canter in every class but Two Year Old
Claude Brown and B. Major Wilson winning the world championship because of a great "Rocking Chair" canter
Eating Fried Frog's Legs at Cross's Restaurant in Cornersville
In the Road Horse Class Pete Yokely would stand up in his sulky, arms holding reins spread wide apart, Buggy Whip in Hand,
yelling a Rebel Yell, while going 40 MPH
70 year old Steve Hill always having a 25 year old "DATE" with him at every horse show
What seemed like thousands of people that had never been to a horse show showing up at the Celebration to yell for Sam Paschal on Beloved Belinda
Those same people showing up to yell for Betty Sain on Shaker's Shocker a few years later
Eating in the dining room of the old Dixie Hotel on the Square in Shelbyville
When Celebraties like Zha Zha Gabor, Minnie Pearl, Dale Robertson used to frequent the Celebration
At the Celebrtion horses went straight to the showring from the warm up ring with no Federal Inpection
Thinking no one could take Emmett Guy' place as announcer and then thinking the same thing about Bob Jennings
Eating the home made ice cream that the local ladies sold at the Behesda horse show on the Fouth of July
When there were Five Gaited and Three Gaited Sadlebread classes at the Celebration
We used to go to the Barn Office after the show to see how the judges tied our horse
When the Blue Ribbon Magazine came we would read it over and over again until we had all the horses and riders memorized
It use to cost only $100 to go in the Blue Ribbon Club for 10 days
The Night the Lights went out at the Celebration (1969)
Sitting in the West Grandstand at my first Celebration and thinking I was in heaven (1960)
Going to Murfreesboro at 5 o'clock in the morning to see Sam Paschal work Sun's Delight a few weeks before he won the Celebration and having
a chill run down my spine
Seeing Rock-a-Bye Lady and Anne warm up in the warm up ring at the Celebration before the Ladies Class and having that same chill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sowega

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Razor, you are a poet whose words invoke visions of yesteryear that create a yearning that we could share such times with our grandchildren, but know that, unfortunately, will never come again. Thank you ever so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:34 pm

2 Thumbs Up! 2 Thumbs Up! 2 Thumbs Up! 2 Thumbs Up! 2 Thumbs Up!

Wonderful, jus' wonderful! Glad you've joined us Razor!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:44 pm

RRR your words made chills run down my spine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hill

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Hi Razor...
I also remember you and a mare that I absolutely loved; in the show ring and in C.A.'s hallway; Pretty Woman...what a lovely mare!!
And at about this time; I secretly had a crush on you (I was maybe 13 years old) Embarassed
And I remember your wonderful parents...Doc (as my Daddy called him..Dr. to me :) and your beautiful mother...always faithful barn patrons there to cheer each of us on.
And Pin Oak.
And yes...Hillcrest.
And when You and the beautiful Anne started dating. cheers
Yes; I remember all you have mentioned; these were some of the Best Times of My Life!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: