WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories

Go down 
+24
barn2648
dutch
Steppin and Fetchin
Mister
Razor
Coco
sowega
Black Fantasy 1
thirdworkout
ONEHOTMARE
rhigbe
rooster
Old Graymare
Hill
scooter
twhboss
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
senator69
Jean
sensation61
MirallyMeadows
smitty
High Chaparral
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Is it another Judy?
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:25 pm

The Man in Black wrote:
Smitty, love that letter to the Celebration manager cheers

Wasn't that something? It was another world.

http://walkinghorsetrivia.blogspot.com/2011/08/1957-letter-to-celebration-manager.html
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:35 pm

The Man in Black wrote:
Is it another Judy?
Yes by CRACKY!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 7:33 am

From The National Horseman, 1967

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1967Celebration1

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1967Celebration2

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1967Celebration3

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1967Celebration4

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1967Celebration5

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1967Celebration6

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1967Celebration7

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1967Celebration8

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1967Celebration9

Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: celebration memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:45 am

To answer your question from previous page BD was it Judy Wiser Martin?
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:15 am

More 1967 Celebration Winners

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 AcesSensationWinkGroover
Ace's Sensation & Wink Groover

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 TheEntertainerJoeWebb
The Entertainer & Joe Webb
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:54 am

senator69 wrote:
To answer your question from previous page BD was it Judy Wiser Martin?
JR doesn't it feel refreshing to know something that the MIB didn't know?
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:42 am

Razor wrote:

As long as we are doing presenter trivia.
Does anyone know the blond presenting the trophy
to Lynn Doughty or the short girl on the right presenting
the trophy to Steve Beech?

Presenting to Lynn Doughty-Her name then was Barbara Simmons. She was married to Kenny Simmons then.
Now divorced. I don't know her current name. Shes the one that handles the trophies for the Celebration.

Presenting to Steve Beech- Barbara Coombs from Gadsden. Her sister Marsha lives in Lewisburg and dates Joe Henegar I think.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:33 pm

I think she still goes by Barbara Simmons. She shares a grandchild with a friend of mine and the child rode some in the Academy shows.

Speaking of Celebration memories.......I have made some good ones this week already. Ashley Shelton - daughter of Billie Shelton, niece of Frankie Jo Shelton Bradley - led a weanling colt to a unanimous blue ribbon and wiped tears all the way into the ribbon presentation. Priceless!! She followed that on Sunday night by riding unanimously to a blue ribbon in the Classic Park Pleasure Amateur class. Sorry I missed that one, but we celebrated the next day! The weanling and the pleasure horse have both won their next classes with Robert Nelms since then as well. It has been quite the Celebration for Ashley and made more special since this is her last year as a Juvenile.

Yesterday, Carlan Cotten rode her two year old Lite shod horse to a blue in the Novice class and then topped off the morning by watching Bobby Richards show it back in the Two Year Old Lite Shod class for a second blue. We celebrated over lunch with Sam Sorrell, Billie, Ashley, DeeDee Miller Sale, Ronnie and Cathy Vincent, Justin, Tom and Vicki and Chris (All KY people). Good times!!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Old Graymare wrote:
We celebrated over lunch with Sam Sorrell, Billie, Ashley, DeeDee Miller Sale, Ronnie and Cathy Vincent, Justin, Tom and Vicki and Chris (All KY people). Good times!!

Now, that right there is a CREW!!! Captain
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:27 am

1949 Celebration

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1949Celebration1

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1949Celebration2

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1949Celebration3

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1949Celebration4

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1949Celebration5
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:33 am

1949 Celebration Results

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1949CelResults1

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1949CelResults2

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 1949CelResults3
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Smitty

On Labor day it rained all day so I went through the WHT archives. I saw in there a discussion about the retirement of Emmett
Guy's "R" joke. Emmett Guy had several jokes that he told over and over again and they were funny each time he told them.
He was a master raconteur(thats storyteller for you Vandy grads). My favorite joke was the one about Helen Hunt. But I digress. Someone stated in the archive that the punch
line or the "R" joke was Monkey Wrench, Monkey Wrench, Monkey Wrench, but that was another one of his favorite jokes.
You asked for someone to reconstruct the joke. Well you have to remember that Emmett was a master and the joke was about
another era but, Here goes.

One Friday they weregetting ready for a one night horse show and needed something from the Blue Ribbon Leather Company
in Shelbyville. This was in the time that very few people could afford a car with an automatic transmission. Vic asked Junioir
to take his brand new Cadillac into town to purchase the items. Junior protested that he did not no how to drive and automatic
transmission. Vic told him just to look at the letters on the steering column and move the shift lever to the letter that stood for
the gear he needed. You know P R N D L.
Four hours later Junior showed up at the barn on foot. Vic was furious. Where is my new Cadillac? Well Mr. Vic I was on my way
back and stopped at the light on the corner of Madison and Main . There was a yahoo in the other lane racing his engine and
daring me to race. I couldn't let that yahoo in an old ford beat your new Cadillac. So, when the light turned green I looked down at
the letters on the shifter and put it in "L" for leave. I left him in a cloud of dust. But, when I got to Shelbyville High School he caught up
with me. So, I looked at the shifter again and put it in "D" for drag race. I left him like he was sitting still. But when I got to the
Hospital he was catching up again. I was determined to beat him. So, I looked down at the shifter again and saw "R". I knew that
had to mean Race. But mister Vic when I thru the Caddy into " R" that sucker blew to Kindgom come!!!!

Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 am

Good one Razor! Thanks for posting.
Does anyone know what year Emmett Guy announced his last Celebration?
I'm pretty sure I have heard him announce a Celebration, but am trying to figure out what year that was.
I'm thinking mid-to-late seventies.........???
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:14 am

Razor - Kudo's on a brilliant recap of that famous tale!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:33 am

I don't know the year that Emmett Guy was replaced by Bob Jennings but I
do agree it was probably in the late 70's or early 80's. Bob and his son
used to play golf every Celebration with me and my father. My father stopped
attending the Celebration some time around 1985. A small bit of Bob Jennings
trivia. He carried his own golf cart everywhere he played. On the back was painted
BOB'S BOGEY BUGGIE!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:35 am

Bubbadog wrote:
Razor - Kudo's on a brilliant recap of that famous tale!

If anyone is interested I can also come up with the Helen Hunt joke and the Karate Karate Karate joke.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 am

Please do! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:58 am

smitty wrote:
Please do! thumbs up

You asked for it.

Helen Hunt Joke

Emmet Guy would announce as it it were real that a ladies hand bag had been found by Helen Hunt.
He would go into great detail describing the missing hand bag and its contents. Then he would announce
that if the missing hand bag is yours you can " GO TO HELL AND HUNT FOR IT"!!!!!

Karate, Karate, Karate, Joke

There was a puny fellow that was always being pushed around and beat up by bullies.
One day he complained to his friend about his plight. His friend advised that it was just
a problem of confidence and the image he was projecting. His friend told him about the
new self defense method that he had read about, that made even the smallest guy invincible.
If you are acosted by a bully they all know karate experts are dangerous no mater what their size.
All you have to do is take the karate pose with your arms and say KARATE. KARATE, KARATE.
So the puny fellow said that sounds great . I'll try it.
Several weeks later the two friends met and the puny guy was black and blue with bandages everywhere.
The well meaning friend asked him what had happened to him.
Well, I had a confrontation with a mean truck driver and I decided to use your advice. I struck the karate pose
and said " Karate, Karate, Karate" and the truck driver said " Monkey Wrench, Monkey Wrench , Monkey Wrench!!!!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 RockabyeLadyBumperSticker
1968 Celebration bumper sticker
Back to top Go down
Mister

Mister

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:05 am

That's neat! Who was the artist on that one? Was it Anne?
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:28 am

No clue on the artist. There is one for Moonglow Jr. too.
I'll see if Burt can dig it up.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:32 am

OPINION POLE

Who do you think is the best trainer never to win the Big Stake at The Celebration?

My nominations are:

!.Mack Moates
2.Ronald Young
Back to top Go down
Steppin and Fetchin

Steppin and Fetchin

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:06 am

Tim Gray
Joe Martin

These two were before my time but I have read a lot about them and it seems they were very deserving.

Hershall Talley
Larry Webb
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Ronal Young!
Back to top Go down
http://LEESMINIMART.synthasite.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next