WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Missouri & Arkansas Memories

Go down 
+13
sensation61
Jean
CandaceCaprice
senator69
Bubbadog
Gold-Rush
High Chaparral
mhickman
The Man in Black
smitty
ONEHOTMARE
mona dean
Magic Marker
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
mhickman

mhickman

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:32 am

mhickman wrote:
Floyd has such a good seat! His father in law was Ted Bridges, awesome ASB trainer. Cheryl Posenke followed his footsteps and trainer ASB, And Morgans, Arabs. She also showed TWH. She passed way to early, 2 years ago. I still want to call her up and talk horses.
Cheryl was Floyd's daughter...
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: Missouri Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:57 pm

What yr. did George Blades win a WC or WGC and on what horse ?
Back to top Go down
mhickman

mhickman

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Delight's Magic Shadow the year of the trainers strike ?
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 MyMagicMarkerKenWulff

My Magic Marker & Ken Wulff
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:04 pm

My Magic Marker was one of my all time favorites!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 pm

He was unbelievably talented. More than most horses and that's no exaggeration.

Here's what David Mason has to say about My Magic Marker:

"MAGIC MARKER was one of the best walking horses I ever saw. I rode over to Beeches one day with Ken Wolfe and we got him out of the stall put a saddle on him and MAN could he walk. One of the best I ever rode."
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:31 am

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Manes1

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Manes7

Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:59 pm

The above photos photos were sent in by mhickman. Tell us about these pics MH !!!
Back to top Go down
mhickman

mhickman

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm

The top is Me, Sarah Manes and Father Jerry Manes. After Sarah's Equitation WC .
The second photo is from Celebration youth judging competition in the late 70's. Our team was me, Janet and Nancy DeGraffenreid And Tim Belshe. We won trophy's, the Senior winning team won saddles lol. Dad was our coach. The others in picture are Everett Clamp, Jessica Henley, not pictured sister Julia. They really ribbed us about how good they did, but we thought we didn't have a chance. The Jr team swept all 4 divisions lol They can tell how they came out if they want Razz
Dad coaching was " I bet a Red Lobster dinner, y'all don't win" At the fall MWHTA , he hauled us to R.L. lol
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Love those wonderful memories of ya'll with your Dad...thanks for sharing that story. I can hear him saying that, too!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:00 pm

mhickman,

My memories of you showing here in Ky are rather faded, but as I recall..........you could ride the HAIR off one!

Charge!
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:10 pm

And Smitty, she still CAN ride the hair off one! And, looks good doing it!
Back to top Go down
mhickman

mhickman

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Awh, you guys are the sweetest Embarassed Thank you so much jump for joy
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

I've always heard, that Margaret could mouth one, better than any female in the TWH biz, and many of the male trainers. cheers
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:21 am

She had a good teacher...

Last edited by smitty on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mhickman

mhickman

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:45 am

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Manes14
Delight's Syndicate as 2 year old , he was voted Horse of The Year MWHTA. A customer of Truman Volcart bought him. Then he was sold and went to Louisiana. They changed his name to Delight's Bay Boy. Dad was helping Louis when he got hurt and couldn't ride. He bought him after he started him.1973

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Manes8
That colt is Count Republic owned by WC Terry family. That is Ray Green on the rail. Toby Green brother that trained in Mo.

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Manes19
Ace's Black Elegance he was in the Report weekly because Randall Rollins would put a full page ad every blue won by an Ace's Sensation get. Dad would pick out about 5 every year at the yearling sale for Dr. Huff. He did really well with them. We never had a mean Ace colt, as their reputation was. Ace's Merry Mac, Ace's Emperor and Ace's Lady McKay. etc...

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Manes9
Delight's Dark Shadow was Dad's stake horse for years. He was like a freight train, snorted every step he took. They retired many challenge trophy's. Jimmy Mc Connell tied him 3rd big stake Celebration. sunny
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Mississippi   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:28 am

MHickman, did you ever know Sharon Terry?
Back to top Go down
mhickman

mhickman

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:27 pm

The whole family...W.C. was always here trading horses. We trained horses for them.Stood the great Black Southern Aire. Last time I saw Sharon she had a old barn in Miss. standing High Chaparral. And showing me Marvin Wilson memorabilia. She wrote great stories in the Voice. Is she still living, I hope? She would love this site. Her mother entered me in my first Equitation class at Celebration. We didn't know a thing about it. was 3rd, judge said would of won it but had a bowtie on in a morning class,lol I remember we rode with no stirrups in workout...
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Sharon Terry   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Yes she is doing fine. I talked to her the other day.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: Missouri Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:50 pm

Here is a cute little story about George Blades.The yr. he won his W.C. I was walking by the warm up area and George hollered at me and ask if he could borrow my hat,he had forgot his back at the barn and his class was going in.Of course I let him borrow it.Well he came in and I had told the folks that was sitting around us that I let George borrow my hat.Well George's hoss kept getting better and better.The people around us started yellin "there goes Jr.'s hat" and we all laughed.Well when George won we all laughed and said" look Jr.'s hat won".After the show George said it was my good luck hat that did it and I told him to keep it and wear it whenever he needed Good Luck.He was a Good Guy and a pretty good hoss trainer.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:48 am

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Manes2

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Manes11
Back to top Go down
mhickman

mhickman

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:21 pm

Handshaker's Spirit and Mr. Bob Bailey! Check out Dorothy Halsey dress made of Blue ribbons that's at the Missouri State Fair Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Manes4

Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Manes6
Back to top Go down
mhickman

mhickman

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 pm

senator69 wrote:
Here is a cute little story about George Blades.The yr. he won his W.C. I was walking by the warm up area and George hollered at me and ask if he could borrow my hat,he had forgot his back at the barn and his class was going in.Of course I let him borrow it.Well he came in and I had told the folks that was sitting around us that I let George borrow my hat.Well George's hoss kept getting better and better.The people around us started yellin "there goes Jr.'s hat" and we all laughed.Well when George won we all laughed and said" look Jr.'s hat won".After the show George said it was my good luck hat that did it and I told him to keep it and wear it whenever he needed Good Luck.He was a Good Guy and a pretty good hoss trainer.
He was a good horse trainer! Love that story, Mo. sure misses him. He left WAY too soon..... Sad
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:38 pm

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
Who dem gals up yonder, MH ??? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missouri & Arkansas Memories   Missouri & Arkansas Memories - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Missouri & Arkansas Memories
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next