WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.

Go down 
+25
Mister
carol edwards
rooster
samara_farms
Ritz-A-Roo
scooter
Hill
rhinestone
Rambler
curbchain
Jean
Horsegurl1
MirallyMeadows
Old Graymare
Black Fantasy 1
senator69
The Man in Black
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
sensation61
Bubbadog
Everett
grits
twhboss
smitty
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
sensation61

sensation61

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 2:33 pm

MIB...did you try the Spray shout? It's gotta be the spray kind.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Sen61, no I did not. Do you spray it on and leave it or rinse it out?
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 4:52 pm

Locked & Loaded,

Care to introduce yourself? You don't have to give your name, but you could tell us a little about yourself and where you're from. It would be a good way to get off to a good start here.
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:46 pm

smitty wrote:
Locked & Loaded,

Care to introduce yourself? You don't have to give your name, but you could tell us a little about yourself and where you're from. It would be a good way to get off to a good start here.

Well, for starters computer literacy is not my strong suit. Still trying to figure out how to post without attaching the quote. At any rate, I've owned & shown walking and racking horses since the late 70's, mostly padded and mostly AOT. I've been married for 32 years to one of MIB's classmates and happen to own that there reincarnation of White Star, along with 13 others. I have six foals due this spring, in this market which should tell everyone something about my intelligence. I'm currently living in the Myrtle Beach area, though my place here is for sale and would be glad to provide details privately to anyone who may be interested. I stand a son of Armed & Dangerous, have a little band of broodmares, one padded gelding, some tp racking horses and some nice trail mares for sale too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:49 pm

The Man in Black wrote:
Well even if she don't make a White Star, it would be nice for her to have purty snow white tail Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 39096

Course, she may make a White Star and have a purty white tail if I can get it clean. Today will be her 4th shampoo Charge!

Well, you get the secret down pat now so we'll both know how to keep it white. Glad to know she's keeping you busy.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:59 pm

L&L's spouse is also a classmate of Bubbadog. Actually we were not in the same classes as I was in the accelerated class and they were were in the class for the slower and stalled. Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 39096
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Glad to have you aboard L&L,

I'm pretty familiar with the SC Coast, having been to Myrtle Beach many times, as well as all points south, clear down to Savannah. Just feel free to chime in as you please. We cover all the bases, from memories, history to trivia, with a little "low brow" humor thrown in for good measure.

rolly
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:41 pm

Well, after 4 washes that mare's tail is still a long way from white. I think it might be easier just to dye the mares tail a nice brown color idea
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:52 pm

The Man in Black wrote:
L&L's spouse is also a classmate of Bubbadog. Actually we were not in the same classes as I was in the accelerated class and they were were in the class for the slower and stalled. Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 39096

BULL@@#$! YOU KNOW GOOD AND WELL THAT YOU WENT TO THE REFORMATORY.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Bubbadog wrote:
The Man in Black wrote:

BULL@@#$! YOU KNOW GOOD AND WELL THAT YOU WENT TO THE REFORMATORY.

I don't know about that Bubbadog, if he had been at the reformatory I don't think they would have let him out. As for the one I married, Lord knows there have been days I thought he might have been in the slow and stalled section.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:51 pm

The Man in Black wrote:
Well, after 4 washes that mare's tail is still a long way from white. I think it might be easier just to dye the mares tail a nice brown color idea

MIB, there's 3 years worth of urine and Tennessee red clay to get out of that tail and you think 4 washes will do it? I'm starting to think about industrial strength clorox if there is such a thing.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:55 pm

What do you think about coloring it? We could color it red or blue or pink or whatever to match riding coats or ribbon. Cool
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: pleasure   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:58 pm

MIB,I think your on to somethin there.That there tail colorin could be the next BIG thing.
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm

MIB...you wash the shout out...I'd give it a couple of minutes then wash out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:22 pm

senator69 wrote:
MIB,I think your on to somethin there.That there tail colorin could be the next BIG thing.

Junior, you might have something there. Dye the tail to match the color ribbon you expect to get. For the reincarnation of White Star I should dye it blue.
Whatcha think? Hey, I do have a blue silk coat I used to show my white padded stud in.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Knowing little to nothing about getting a tail white, I will offer this suggestion....have you tried OxyClean? It works on my nasty looking, stained deck, so surely it would work on a tail. I am not responsible if it causes all the hair to fall out though. I kinda like that matching coat, mane, and tail idea. Maybe it would start a "trend".
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:48 am

I personally would have no problem at all seeing a WHITE horse with a BLUE tail & mane !!!!

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 39096
Back to top Go down
grits

grits

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 pm

if you look at the flag horse at the Celebration after the presentation he turns a pretty pink... Embarassed
hummmm, maybe he's the horse of a different color from the wizard of oz.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:57 pm

OGM I have tried OxyClean in conjunction with Orvus and Shout, though I have not tried the spray kind yet. Also used the blue stuff and I still call her ole Yellowtail. I think the dye job is the way to go, glad so many on here like the idea :albino:
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:18 pm

I vote for purple and green stripes! Evil Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:36 pm

smitty wrote:

I'm pretty familiar with the SC Coast, having been to Myrtle Beach many times, as well as all points south, clear down to Savannah. Just feel free to chime in as you please. We cover all the bases, from memories, history to trivia, with a little "low brow" humor thrown in for good measure.

rolly

Well, since you're familiar with the SC coast, I'm originally from beautiful, historic Georgetown, SC. Been trying to find anything beautiful or historic about Horry Co. for the last 30 years. Of course, the fact that I HATE the beach and all the sticky salt air and sand might have something to do with that. One thing I have enjoyed about living here is that we have a HUGE racking horse population (mostly double registered) and I think probably have the highest # of RHBAA racking horses outside of AL. We are also home to several of the group of investors who own the URHOEA and FINALLY after years and years of my griping, have added a walking class to our saddle club shows and are starting to see more and more interest in walking horses in the area. For those who actually LIKE the beach (and I know they outnumber me) I have a 10 stall barn 40 miles from Myrtle Beach and would be glad to stable horses for a weekend or whatever (the beach ride) during the fall and/or winter (if I haven't sold the place by then) when riding on the beach is permitted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 pm

twhboss wrote:

Sorry kid, the owner overrides purple and green stripes. Break out the OxyClean MIB, lets work on getting it white before we dye it blue. lol! Charge!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
smitty wrote:

rolly

Well, since you're familiar with the SC coast, I'm originally from beautiful, historic Georgetown, SC. Been trying to find anything beautiful or historic about Horry Co. for the last 30 years. Of course, the fact that I HATE the beach and all the sticky salt air and sand might have something to do with that. One thing I have enjoyed about living here is that we have a HUGE racking horse population (mostly double registered) and I think probably have the highest # of RHBAA racking horses outside of AL. We are also home to several of the group of investors who own the URHOEA and FINALLY after years and years of my griping, have added a walking class to our saddle club shows and are starting to see more and more interest in walking horses in the area. For those who actually LIKE the beach (and I know they outnumber me) I have a 10 stall barn 40 miles from Myrtle Beach and would be glad to stable horses for a weekend or whatever (the beach ride) during the fall and/or winter (if I haven't sold the place by then) when riding on the beach is permitted.

While we're on the subject the 1st 2 padded show horses that I ever owned were Eb's Red Masterpiece (by Ebony Masterpiece out of a Sun's Gunsmoke mare, and I'm still sorry I sold him) and a horse registered with the RHBAA as The Certified Male who was registered TWHBEA as Another Teeter Totter by, as well as I remember a horse named Ebony's Clipper (I'll have to look it up to be sure) and I forget what he was out of though I'm fairly sure it was Sun's Delight breeding. He was out of Ohio as I recall, was a high dollar 2yo, the family that bred him had the last name Teeter. I think the wife was named Nancy buy I do not recall the husband's name.
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
twhboss wrote:

Sorry kid, the owner overrides purple and green stripes. Break out the OxyClean MIB, lets work on getting it white before we dye it blue. lol! Charge!

RATS!! I like the Mardi Gras colors! Big Smile
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:10 pm

L&L,

Just click on the "Post Reply" button at the bottom (or top) of each page to make a new post without including a quote from a previous poster. You're doing fine.

Yes, I used to be a bit of a beach bum back in the day. Went to Myrtle Beach many times when I was younger, but I doubt I'll ever go back. I have camped out and stayed in motels all up and down the coast, from The Outer Banks to Myrtle Beach, Murrell's Inlet, Charleston, Beaufort (Hunting Island), Hilton Head and Savannah. I lived near Savannah for a while as a small child. I passed through Georgetown at least once, and remember thinking "This would be a good place to come fish and hide out for a while". I actually kind of liked the "seclusiveness" and "remoteness" of it. These days I usually hang out at St. George Island or the Tampa Bay area in Florida, when I have the urge to be near the ocean. I don't care much for the heat anymore myself and I despise laying out on the beach anymore..........but I do like walking on the beach in the morning and evening and I like to try my hand at inshore saltwater fishing quite a bit. I do love to eat Seafood as well and some of the best I've eaten was on Shem Creek in Charleston. Haven't been down that way since the mid 90's............it's about time for a return trip I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.
Page 13 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: