WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.

Go down 
+25
Mister
carol edwards
rooster
samara_farms
Ritz-A-Roo
scooter
Hill
rhinestone
Rambler
curbchain
Jean
Horsegurl1
MirallyMeadows
Old Graymare
Black Fantasy 1
senator69
The Man in Black
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
sensation61
Bubbadog
Everett
grits
twhboss
smitty
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
smitty
Admin
smitty

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:46 am

Thanks for the help Boss. I myself have never used the board's own image hosting service, since it's a relatively new feature. I use Photobucket, but the choice is yours. Yes, you must first upload the photo to a host, then copy & paste the "image code" for that particular photo into your post. Hope this helps!

As for posting video, just click on the button that looks like a "green filmstrip" and paste the URL for that video into the box that pops up. Easy!
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:50 am

Oh.............I also should mention that all Video should be posted under the WHT TV thread ONLY. (although I sometimes forget myself) The reason for this, is that some of our members still have a dial-up connection and the video makes the pages load dreadfully slow for them. If we post all the video under one thread, they will be able to access the other threads more easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 11:57 pm

Thanks for the advice TWHBOSS. I'll give it a try soon...
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 8:31 pm

Here's another progress report on the training escapades of me and Queen. Today...for the very first time....when turned to the rail she stepped off and when clucked to she went into a very nice flat walk and...here's the best part....kept going until asked to stop! Woohoooo! This has been a challenge for her. She just didn't get the go forward part. She can back up like a champ! Anyway, it was like all of a sudden she said "ohhh...is that all you want? Well, I can do that!". But wait....there's more! We opened the gate and Barbara rode her through out of the ring up and down the entire length of the ring and then back through the gate, flat walking on the rail again. All of that while 3 others horses were being worked in the ring. I love it when a plan comes together! cheers geek Very Happy

Last edited by twhboss on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 10:26 am

For the life of me I can't post any pictures. Can someone please help... It doesn't respond and I don't know which url etc to pick...
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:35 pm

RunNWalk,

Are you posting out of a photo album of some sort? If so, try the "Image Code".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 4:33 pm

From Photoworks but I can't get it to upload. Can I send it to you?
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 7:02 pm

Here's a picture from at least 10 years ago. The black horse was my racking horse Boss, I forget who the sorrel horse was, and you all see if you can guess who the one laying down is! :joker:
Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Boss_a11
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 93840010
This is the barn where we moved our horses to. I think it's kinda cute!

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 93840011
Sunday Social and A Ritzy Generator (my husband's mare and gelding)

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 93840012
Queen and Barbara ready for another day of training! (she's doing great!)
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 9:51 pm

All right everyone wish me & Queen luck. With the weather and everyone's busy schedules we have only been able to ride her about every 10 days. At that rate it will be a year before she is trail ready! I found a trainer about 2 1/2 hrs from here that I think will work for her. He does alot of 4 H stuff with kids and shows spotted saddle horses. He'll get her going good and take her out on the trails. I hope I'm making the right decision! I hate the thought of sending her away, but I really want to be able to trail ride this spring and summer. Hopefully, she won't be too mad at me! Shocked
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:15 am

Good luck on the trails Boss!
Back to top Go down
Everett

Everett

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Good Luck there TWH cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.ytbtravel.com/gmajorstravel
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Well, we dropped the Queen off at the trainer's today. We got her off of the trailer and he immediately took her and put her on the hot walker. You should have seen the look of shock on her face! Not only was she being FORCED to walk in a circle but there was peacocks, ducks, guinea hens, cats, and children running everywhere. So, there is Queen, walking in a circle and this peacock fans his tail right in front of her. She stopped and stared like it was the prettiest thing she had ever seen. I think she fell in love! Kevin, the trainer, said by the time I pick her up she will definitely be a do anything, go anywhere horse. I believe it!

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 01310

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 01410
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:17 am

Oh, those Peafowls.................used to have em around the barn at Jumbo's.

http://encarta.msn.com/media_461538253_761554675_-1_1/peacock.html
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:11 pm

yes sir...they sure are noisy! How can something so pretty sound so awful? Anyway, Queen thought he was beautiful! flower
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Well, it is time for a Queen update! (I hear you all groaning) Went yesterday to watch Kevin work her and I have got to tell ya'll I am impressed. He has started back at square one with (probably fixing all of my errors but he's too polite to say it!) He is line driving her and using a biting rig to get her head set. He basically teaches her everything she has to know before he will every get on her (which he said he would start riding her hard this coming week). He is really working her too. He worked her for well over an hour during the heat of the day. She got hot and was sweating but never lathered up or blew hard. He said she is very smart and willing. She really tries hard to figure out what he wants. He is teaching her that her safe place is when she is collected so that when we are out on the trail and something startles her she won't take off. I don't explain it very well, but it makes sense when he explains it. I am absolutely thrilled with what this man is doing with her, so if anyone needs a flatshod trainer, I highly recommend Kevin Gilliam in Oxford, NC. cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2009 6:18 pm

TWHBOSS, didn't know who you'd taken Queen to but you did good. Kevin is one of my dearest friends, a great horseman, he rides his horses and not just the day before you come see them. Next time you there tell him Senastion61 said Hi...
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:41 pm

I will be sure to tell him. I really like what he is doing with my girl!
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:13 pm

Well, you guys lucked out! I was going to post a couple of pictures of Queen at summer camp but the icon isn't working right now and I haven't figured out how to do it from photobucket, YET. But I'm working on it. Anyway, I went to see her today and she is doing awesome. They are riding her ALOT. They let someone take her on a trail ride 2 weeks ago and she did great. The best part is I got to ride her today! She behaved beautifully and when I got off her, Suzanne ( works with Kevin) showed me that I had been riding her with the reins attached to the halter, not the bit. I'm sure glad she didn't tell me that before I rode her! LOL! That really impressed me because the person that trail road her did so with just the halter. Suzanne said she would start using the bit this coming week. cheers
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:24 pm

[img]Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 004-1[/img][img]Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 003-2[/img]

Well heck, this is easier from photobucket!!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks for the pics, Boss!
Here's the video you sent in of the little girl:

Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Thanks Smitty! I love this video! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:28 pm

I went to see Queen today! I rode her in the arena for awhile and then Suzanne got her 3 year old and we hit the trail! It was so hot, we just went on half of the loop that they normally take. Queen is doing great. Her gait still needs work, But she is going forward with the bit or with the halter, whichever we use, and I rode her the entire time on the halter instead of the bit. Her go forward button was almost nonexistent when we took her there and it is now working very well! She is so sweet and willing. I'm bringing her home at the end of the month! She's been gone 4 months and I miss the heck out of her. cheers geek
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:49 am

I'd love to see more interest in this topic. Although we mostly discuss the show horse, folks might be surprised to find that I have MUCH more interest in the pleasure horse these days than you might imagine. Here's a link to a neat sight I found on trail riding in Tennessee. Lots of info and photos here:

http://www.tennesseetrailriders.com/
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 am

Old Tennessee Trail Riding Photographs

Here's some photos of horseback riders in some of Tennessee's most beautiful locations:

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Pickett1
Riders in Pickett State Park in Fentress County. One of my favorite areas of Tennessee.

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Pickett2
Horses getting a drink in what I believe may be the upper section of Rock Creek which runs into Ky.

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Norris4
Riders at Norris Lake in northeastern Tennessee

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Norris3

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Norris1

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Norris2

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Smokies3
Riders enjoy the great view of Mt. Leconte in the Smoky Mountains

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Smokies1
Rider with pack horses on top of Mt. Leconte

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Smokies2
I once hiked halfway up this mountain with some friends before being turned back by falling ice.
Very steep trail!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.
Page 3 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: