WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia

Go down 
+34
Steppin and Fetchin
twhboss
The Stats Man
Black Fantasy 1
dbarnett
rooster
dutch
Razor
Coco
Floyd
MirallyMeadows
strolling10
Bubbadog
curbchain
tc1987
carol edwards
ONEHOTMARE
samara_farms
Old Graymare
Jean
rwitherington1
CKBAAuctioneer
maskr8ng
BigEd
Hill
senator69
sensation61
barn2648
twhemt
Mister
scooter
smitty
The Man in Black
sowega
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
smitty
Admin
smitty

Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:59 pm

ahem!

In what CITY & STATE was the GREATER CINCINNATI HORSE SHOW held ? Rolling Eyes

Question

Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Well back in the 60's it used to be held at the Cincinnati Gardens I believe was the name of the place in beautiful Cincinnati Ohio !!!That is the first place I ever saw Marvin Wilson show a horse !!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Well, that was SUPPOSED to be a trick question!!!

The answer was supposed to be Florence, Kentucky. The show was held on the racetrack at Latonia in the late sixties and early seventies, but you are CORRECT, it was held at the Cincinnati Gardens before that! I went to a few concerts in the Gardens back in the 80's. I imagine it was a great place for a horse show.

cheers

Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:10 am

What Kentucky horse stood at stud for a fee of "$99.95 (Save $900.05!!!!)" ?

Question

Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:47 am

Major Wilson?
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:54 am

Good guess, but incorrect. Ole Claude would have wanted a lot more than that, I promise you!
This horse was not a World Champion. Might take a Kentuckian to answer this one.....
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:05 am

I doubt if anyone will ever get that one, but I thought it was interesting and kind of funny.

ANSWER: HI PINE DIXIE GO BOY stood for the bargain price of $99.95 at Herb Robert's Stable in Irvine, Ky. under the direction of Tom Cottle. I think Herb felt his horse was as good a stud as some of the ones standing in Tennessee for $1000, therefore he advertised a net savings of $900.05.

Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 39096

Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 am

Here's another interesting one sent in by member dbarnett:

How many horses were in the largest Stake Class at the Celebration?
How many workouts were there?
Who won?

Question Question Question

scratch head
Back to top Go down
curbchain

curbchain

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 pm

19 horses made the call in the 1968 Stake class
12 made the first cut
3 made the final cut
Go Boy's Royal Heir was the winner

Didn't Super Stock also go through 3 workouts?
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:47 am

Yes, The Super Stock had to endure 3 workouts. He was so outstanding that night, I really don't know why.
He just kept getting better. I think maybe that one back-fired on somebody...........???

I've mentioned this before, but Mason made one of the slickest show ring maneuvers I've ever seen anyone make. You know how everyone took a little break when they called for everyone to go the reverse way of the ring?............loosen the curb, straighten the coat, give the horse a breather? Well, when they made the call to go the other way, Mason very quickly wheeled The Super Stock around and made a outstanding pass down the East side while all the others were sitting twiddling their thumbs. The crowd ROARED!!!! Seems like a couple of riders saw what was happening and took off after him. It was too little, too late.............the deal had been sealed!

I asked Mason about that the other day and he said he just wanted to show em Stock was in top shape this time and ready to go all night if need be.

Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 pm

David and Stock made one of the all time BEST shows that anyone has ever made at the Cele.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 am

Name the horse that was Burt Daugette's replacement for Moonglow Jr.

Question

Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:16 am

Smitty

I know the answer,but isn't it illegal to use inside information for personal gain?
Back to top Go down
dutch

dutch

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Just wondering if this has ever been done? At the Celebration let some of the older winners be the presenters in that class. It would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Razor wrote:

Smitty

I know the answer,but isn't it illegal to use inside information for personal gain?

It is in the stock market (or supposed to be) but we won't worry about that here. Go ahead and tell us.
I doubt anyone else will know........(?)
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Burt Daugette's replacement for Moonglow Jr. was Sun's Chapperal.
Needless to say he was no Moonglow Jr!!This is a picture of Anne Daugette riding Chapparal in front of Vic Thompsons Barn
The yellow car in the background is the Razor Mobile!

Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 Cci08110
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Here's a win shot of Burt & Chapparal at the Alabama Jubilee in 1970:

Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 ChaparalBurtDaugette

Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Smitty,

I didn't even remember Burt winning a Blue on Chapparal!
She hated that horse.
Where was the Alabama Jubilee? Mobile?

Razor
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Razor,

That was the very first Alabama Jubilee, held at Garrett Coliseum in Montgomery. Wink & Ace's Sensation won the stake class. Anne & Rockabye Lady won the ladies class. It appeared to be a very nice show.

Lemme eat a little supper and I'll post the win shot of Anne & Rockabye lady later on this evening.

Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Smitty

I do remember that show now. It was in the Spring.
The old Montgomery show was in November

Razor
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Razor, you are correct. The Alabama Jubilee was originally a spring show in Montgomery. I cannot remember the year when it was moved to Decatur and changed to a fall show. Sometime in the 70's based on some photos that I have...
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Rock-A-Bye Lady & Anne Daugette at the Alabama Jubilee, Montgomery, 1970

Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 RockabyeLadyAnneDaugette4
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:53 pm

SMITTY

THANKS FOR POSTING THOSE PICTURES. WE DON'T HAVE THOSE PICTURES.
WHERE DID YOU GET THEM/

RAZOR
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Those were scanned out of the May 1970 edition of Voice Magazine, loaned to me by Bubbadog.
Back to top Go down
dutch

dutch

PostSubject: temporary post   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:16 pm

What happened to the Perkins family from Ohio that was so big in the breedingofWalking Horses backin the 1970's and 1980's. They had Handshaker's Delight and a lot of brood mares.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia   Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Walking Horse Trivia
Page 8 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next