HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

WHT Memorials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Horsegurl1

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and kind words. Thank you Smitty. I know he would appreciate the "closing" of this site in his honor. I extended the words from everyone here to his family and they appreciated hearing from his online family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:28 pm

I remember Steven as "EARTHQUAKE" on WJIG am in Tullahoma. I listened to Him on the way to work in the mornings. I can remember a caller phoning in some round bales of hay for sale on swap & shop. It hit His funny bone about the ROUND bales. He must have been thinking SPHERICALLY round. A few years back I sold Him some TWH lit at the Wiser Farm sale. I went a few years without seeing Him, then when We had just gotten in the door at Miller coliseum during the Int., I heard hey Sadlbum. It was Big'n & I was pleasantly surprised. We talked awhile & I could see that He had serious health problems. I am so sorry that he has passed on & know that He will be truly missed by everyone. RIP Steven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Kelly our thought's and prayers will be with you and Steven's family this evening, tomorrow and always. We'll all welcome you to join with us on Trivia in the days to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:42 pm

Kelly, I am indeed sorry to hear of Stephen's passing. Please accept our heartfelt condolences and prayers.
Please tell his family they are in our prayers as well.
We have enjoyed him so much on this site and will miss him terribly.

Connie Bobo
Back to top Go down
deltaboy

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:54 pm

Kelly,

I am so sorry to learn about Steven's death. He was such an asset to this site with his knowledgable comments and insightful observations. We all benefitted greatly from his presence here. He will be sorely missed. Please convey our condolences to his family and friends.

Smitty,

Thank you for "closing" the site for a day in honor of "big'n". That is a very fitting tribute to a "world-class" horseman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rambler

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thehorseyset.net
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:18 pm

The Walking Horse world has lost one of it's greatest and most true fans. No doubt, this forum has as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:45 am

Russell Bolton Davis

BORN: July 27, 1910
DIED: September 8, 2009

Russell Bolton Davis, age 99, of Christiana, passed away on September 8, 2009 at National Health Care. He was a native of Cadwell, Illinois but has lived in Tennessee since 1976. He was a member of the Seabees in the Navy and served in Guadalcanal Campaign. He was the owner and operator of Dixie Sporting Goods in Alexandria, Virginia and moved to Tennessee for their love of Tennessee Walking Horses. He was the owner of Pride’s Hallelujah 1980 World Grand Champion 2-year-old Tennessee Walking Horse and a hunter and outdoorsman.

Russell was preceded in death by his parents, William Davis and Ebbie Bolton Davis Martin; sister, Ruth Davis Harreld; and step-father, Bill Martin.

He is survived by his wife, Laura Scott Davis; nephews, Thomas (Barbara) Harreld of Ft. Pierce, Florida, David (Carol) Harreld of Greensboro, NC, and Bradford (Ginny) Harreld of Westminster, MD; nieces, Diana (Jan) Morse of New Market, Indiana, Linda (Dennis) Herron, Barbara (Ed) Johnson, Susan (Don) Fye all of Hope, Indiana and Cynthia Bennett of Plant City, Florida; and also survived by 19 great-nieces and nephews.

The memorial service for Russell will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 12, 2009 at Jennings & Ayers with Dr. Lenny Farmer officiating. Jennings and Ayers Funeral Home, 820 S. Church St., Murfreesboro, TN 37130. (615) 893-2422

www.jenningsandayers.com
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:44 pm

My condolences to the Davis family. William Pennington brought up Mr. Davis a few days ago. William was telling me about showing Hallelujah as a weanling...at Louisville.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Back to top Go down
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:21 am

I'd like us to take a moment to remember the innocent lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001 in the World Trade Center, pentagon, and the airplanes. Say a prayer for our service members serving at home and abroad, keeping us safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everett

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:44 am

I know everyone is praying for Glenna, Please keep praying for us Today
Thanks to ALL
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ytbtravel.com/gmajorstravel
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Back to top Go down
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:13 pm

We got ya E! Glenna is in our prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Thank you Smitty. That was very moving. One of my dearest friend's brother was in the first tower...it was many hours before we knew he got out. This is a very trying day for her every year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:39 pm

As most of you know, it is a very emotional day for me as well. Our youngest son was about to unload from a tour bus at the Capitol steps (should have already been inside there, but they were delayed due to heavy traffic and the providence of God) when someone with a radio heard that the Pentagon that they had passed only moments before had been hit. Those kids on that Senior trip have some fantastic pictures of the Pentagon burning. That is how close they were. The next day (at the time the Towers were hit) they were scheduled to have been at the base of the Towers, on their own, in New York City. I will forever feel an attachment to those brave souls who brought that plane down in Pennsylvania because in my heart I will always believe they saved the life of my child and many others, since that plane was surely headed straight for the Capitol. A brave bus driver took those kids down through suburbs, farmland, and backroads and got them back to their hotel in New Jersey and brought them most of the way home that night. He was relieved in Virginia about midnight and they arrived here about three in the morning. I am flying the United States flag today and will hug Brandon tightly when I see him this afternoon with tears in my eyes for all those who can't hug their family member tonight. He rarely speaks of that day, but I know the effects will be with him forever. I am sure he harbors much in his heart that we will never know about. God bless America and all those who serve to keep us safe even today and be with all those who still suffer from their losses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horsegurl1

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Now that things have settled down a little, I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers. They have been much appreciated. Hopefully Lady will heal up soon and can get back out there and win some blues for Steven! Again, thank you all.
~Kelly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Horsegurl,

We'll miss Steven here on the board, but we're glad you joined us. Good luck in the showring!

Everett,

We continue to pray. Keep the Faith.

As for this day, it has meaning for me as well. As I've said before, my parents were in a plane bound for the West coast when the towers were hit. They were grounded in Cincinnati and I had to go pick them up. I remember how pretty it was that day and how the horror we all saw just didn't seem to fit with the very blue skies. Very surreal. That day changed our country and changed many of our lives for good. On a personal level, nothing has been quite the same for me since.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Me either, Smitty and I am sure Brandon would say the same thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everett

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:01 am

Hey Gang we got some Temp. Good News yesterday, will know in a week to Ten Days, Please keep praying for Glenna's Full Recovery
Thanks to all of you
Everett
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ytbtravel.com/gmajorstravel
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:21 am

Great! We'll double up on the prayers that temp good news becomes permanent good news! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:15 am

Oh, E, that is wonderful! Will keep the prayers coming. Hugs to you and Glenna.
Back to top Go down
sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:30 am

We've all got your back E...and are sending prayers from Tennessee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 am

2 Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:04 pm

So happy for ya'll E!
Back to top Go down