HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

WHT Memorials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Everett

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Thanks to all of you, we need your prayers daily , i do believe in the power of praying
God Bless
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ytbtravel.com/gmajorstravel
makethecut

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I'll keep you both in my prayers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everett

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:30 pm

We went to another Dr. today, He gave us some encouragement, he wants to read thru these test carefully, he said radialogist and some Dr.'s read these things different, at first they said the readings was Not cancerous and the Biopsi was Not cancerous, then they sent them to CA. and come back reading cancer, so now we might have a Fighting chance.First time at Moffitt the Dr. was NOT Worried , said small cancer and might Never get any worse, THEN we go back Tue. and he said Stage 4, Keep in mind Moffitt is a TRAIL CLINIC, and the Dr. today whats to DOUBLE CHECK and gave us some Good info.
PLEASE Keep Praying for us
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:34 pm

Will do, Everett. Glad for the encouragement. Will keep praying that all turns out well. On another note, you are being missed at the Celebration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:33 pm

We'll keep praying, crossing fingers and anything else we can think of!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scooter

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:08 pm

Everett,
I truly hope you get better news. We are remembering you every day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Everett

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Thanks Everyone, we Need Prayers Everyday for complete Healing for Glenna, Wish we could be at the Celebration and be with all our friends, but please hang in there with us, The Power of Prayers is Wonderful
Back to top Go down
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:02 pm

Glenna and you are well prayed for everyday! Your friends here have your back!

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit.

flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:51 am

Morning, E. Just wanted to let you and Glenna know I was thinking about you and praying for you both. You are, right, prayer is powerful and you both have a lot of horse friends on here praying for you!
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Steve Dunn's mother passed away yesterday. Our condolences to the family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:27 pm

Charlotte Blythe Dunn, 90 passed away Wednesday, September 2, 2009. She is the mother of Walking Horse Trainer, Steve Dunn of Bud Dunn & Sons Stables in Shelbyville, TN. She was a native of Georgetown, KY and moved to Florence in 1960 were she was an active member of Highland Baptist Church.

After many years of service she retired form Hendrix Glass Service Center at the age of 71.

She was an active member of the Florence Pilot Club serving as treasurer for many years. She also secured funding for the Handicapped Accessibility Swings at Diebert Park. With a full and varied life she offered many services for her community.

Visitation was held Friday, September 4, 2009 from 11-12:00 noon. at Greenview Funeral Home. A graveside service followed at 12:00 noon in Greenview Memorial Park.

Survivors include her sons, David E. Dunn and fiancé Peggy Deal and Steven B. Dunn and wife Kane, stepdaughter, Billy Ann Yeomans and husband Tim, grandchildren, Jennifer Martin and husband Tristan , David E. Dunn II, Kristen Bailey, Brackin Mills and Tyson, Dunn, former daughter-in-laws, Joyce Jordan and Kathy Carter.

Pallbearers were be Tristan Martin, David E. Dunn II, Jordan “Beans” Davis, William Davis, Don Cartee, and Chris White.

For those who wish, memorials may be made to Highland Baptist Church or the Pilot Club of Florence.

An online guestbook may be viewed and signed via www.timesdaily.com/obituaries.

Arrangements by Greenview Funeral Home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:41 am

Note: I am copying this mornings posts concerning the loss of one of our great members from the Video topic to the Country Chapel topic, which is more appropriate for this discussion.

Horsegurl said......

Hello everyone. I had to join this website to give you some information. I don't know where to post this at, but since I think this is the section he last posted in, I thought I would post it here. Steven Arnold of Tullahoma, TN (using the screen name of big'n) passed away yesterday afternoon. I am his girlfriend. They really aren't sure what caused his death, but believe it to be either a body wide infection or very high blood sugar levels. The doctor's assured us he died of natural causes and that they did all they could do, but could never bring him back. He was such a great guy and he loved the Tennessee Walking Horse. He would check this site every hour, on the hour to see if there was anything new everyone was talking about. He loved the history and trivia of the Tennessee Walking Horse and nothing made him happier than going to a horse show. He could tell you anything you wanted to know about all of the past WGC winners. You could name a year and he was able to tell you who won it and usually their pedigree. He was very into studying the pedigrees of horses that were winning and being able to tell you what horses would cross well with another horse. He loved the model, weanling, yearling, and other halter classes and came to love the flat shod horses in the last year of his life. I am very glad that Watch It Now won the WGC last night. That was one of his favorite horses. He loved the horse last year when he was The Titan. He even had a huge poster on his wall in his bedroom of him. I am sure he is in a better place now and he's riding all of the world grand champion horses he could ever want to. I don't know any of the arrangements yet, but I will get them posted when I do find out.

Last edited by smitty on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:43 am

Horsegurl,

Thanks for logging on an giving us this heartbreaking news.
I am extremely saddened and shocked to hear this young man's life was cut short.

I know very little about Stephen, except that he was a friendly young fellow from Tullahoma who loved the halter classes & breeding side of the business. I also know he really was a big fan of this little website and was on here constantly, as you said. He appeared to me to be a great student of the history of the breed. Most of us on here are "older folks".............few, if any of the young folks seem interested in this site, for one reason or another. I can understand that, because even though I showed horses for years, I never had the interest or time to learn about the breed. Big'n was different. He joined us and was accepted as one of us. His young age was not a factor, as he was unafraid to post and made some very astute observations that oftentimes the rest of us overlooked.

I am very glad we all were a small part of his life and happy that he was part of ours. He will be missed.
May he rest in peace.

If you could, please send me the arrangements information and a photo if you have one.
We will do our best to honor him, as he was most deserving. Thanks again.
timmbur@gmail.com

Last edited by smitty on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:45 am

Everett said...

I am so sorry to hear this, i don't remember Stephen ,but remembered him as Big'n our site here, but our prayers are with him and his family, we will miss him on here greatly, i looked forward to his post and info he shared with us.

Scooter said...

To the family and friends of Stephen:
Please accept my sincere condolences. I always enjoyed reading Stephen's astute posts. What smitty has said above is very accurate, he did jar our thoughts with fresh ideas and observations. We will truly miss him here and will continue to remember you in our thoughts and prayers. We look forward to hearing of your future successes in his memory.

Curbchain said...

What a sad and tragic Sunday morning. My deepest sympathies and condolences to his family and friends. Take comfort in knowing that quality of life is more important than quantity.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:46 am

Horsegurl said...

Thank you for all of your kind words. I will let you know when the arrangements are. I should find out today. Here is a picture of him at the 2009 International Pleasure and Colt Show in Murfreesboro this year. He is pictured with our horse Hey Dares Lady Pusher and trainer Bill Beech, who is the grandson of S.W. Beech. He was so proud of Bill and what he had done with our horse and he loved both him and Lady. Lady is hurt right now. She cut her leg open about 2 weeks ago, so she is unable to show right now. However, as soon as she can, she will be out there winning the blues for Steven. Steven wanted a Lined with Cash colt out of our Generator's Sundrop and Ace's Sensation mare that we have, so I'm going to do all I can to breed her to him in the spring. He was only 30 years old, but he has had a long, hard last few years. He was so happy that he finally had a show horse in the ring who was winning, and that horse is right here below in this picture. She will never go anywhere and will be with me the rest of her life. She's only 3 years old, so I hope I have her for many, many more years. Hopefully she will produce a world grand champion halter colt for Steven. I'll keep you posted. Thank you to everyone.
Back to top Go down
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:30 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. This is so sad. I am at a loss for words.... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:19 pm

What a shock to hear of this...I'm so sorry, thank you so much for letting us know and do keep us informed...I didn't know Big N but enjoyed his wealth of knowledge. He will be missed by all of us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:58 pm

HorseGurl - How tragic. He never mentioned being sick - he just asked questions and contributed and kept us entertained.
I am so sorry for your loss.
I have been keeping up with the flat shod horses this year (via internet) and am familiar with Steve's mare. She is very nice and how wonderful that he was able to see her win at the International. You are in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing with us. cissy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
makethecut

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:56 pm

Such tragic news. His family is in my thoughts and prayers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:13 pm

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Steven. I met so many people at the International and he looks so very familiar. I am sure that I must have met him. This is all quite shocking. I enjoyed his posts and questions here. He will be missed. May God wrap His arms around you, keep you in His love, and give you peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grits

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:31 pm

I am heartbroken to hear the tragic news that one of our own has passed, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. He will truely be missed... God Bless You All.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:49 am

This is very sad news and I don't know what to say. I only knew Steven (Big 'Un) for a short time, and I will miss him. My thoughts and prayers are with Kelly and his family. So heartbreaking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horsegurl1

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:07 am

Arrangements for Steven Glen Arnold 04/24/1979-09/05/2009 will be at Kilgore Funeral Home in Tullahoma, TN. The funeral home's address is 215 Mitchell Blvd. Tullahoma, Tn 37388 Phone (931) 455-0677. Visitation begins at 5:30 Monday, Sept 7, 2009. Funeral will be held Tuesday, Sept 8, 2009. He will be laid to rest at Rose Hill Memorial Gardens in Tullahoma, TN. This will be a closed casket visitation and service, however, pictures of Steven and his favorite horses will be displayed near him. Thank you for all of your support during this devastating time. Your kind words mean so much to me, even though I don't personally know any of you. He had so many friends that he didn't even know he had. Thank you once again.

Last edited by Horsegurl1 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:49 am

Steven Glen Arnold
April 24, 1979 - September 5, 2009

Arnold, Steven G. “Earthquake”, of Tullahoma, passed this life on Saturday, September 5, 2009, at Harton Regional Medical Center at the age of 30 years, 4 months, and 12 days. Mr. Arnold formerly worked as a D.J. at WJIG in Tullahoma and was a member of Mt. Vernon Church of the Nazarene. He is the son of the late Glenn C. Arnold and his mother Betty Dudley, who survives. Other survivors to Mr. Arnold include; two Aunts, Linda Perry and Patsy Holt, both of Tullahoma; one brother, Michel Dudley of Tullahoma and one special friend, Kelly Elliot. Visitation of Mr. Arnold will be Monday, September 7 at Kilgore Funeral Home. Funeral services for Mr. Arnold will be Tuesday, September 8 at 2:00pm at Kilgore Funeral Home with Reverend Bobby McBee officiating, burial to follow at Rose Hill Memorial Gardens.

http://www.webfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=263212&fh_id=11518
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:32 am

Even though I didn't know Steven, I can truly feel the loss. His passing truly goes to show just how much our little trivia family has come to mean. God Bless all of you.
And Smitty - what a lovely gesture to "close" the site in memory of our very own "Big Un" - I bet he appreciates your thoughtful gesture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   

Back to top Go down

WHT Memorials
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: