WHT Memorials

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Dr. James Reed

Dr. James “Jim” Elnarr Reed, 86, died March 30, 2011. Dr. Reed was born Aug. 3, 1924, in Rosebud, Texas and was the son of the late William Crawford Reed and Olive Johanna Swenson Reed.

Dr. Reed graduated from Eagle Lake High School and Texas A&M University with a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. He served in the United States Army Veterinary Corps in San Antonio, Texas and worked in a number of places including, Biltmore Estates and Shuford Animal Hospital in Asheville, N.C., Stader Animal Hospital in Ardmore, N.C., Philadelphia General Hospital in Philadelphia, Pa. and Parker Animal Hospital in Charlotte, N.C. Dr. Reed moved to Gastonia where he was associated with Gaston Veterinary Hospital before starting his own practice, Reed Veterinary Hospital, P.A.

Active in a number of civic and fraternal organizations, Dr. Reed was a charter member of the Noon Optimist Club of Gastonia since its inception in 1946 where he served as President twice, Secretary-Treasurer, the Board of Directors, and on a number of committees. He was also active with the West Gastonia Boys and Girls Club where he served on the board of directors, and the Gastonia Housing Authority. A 32nd Degree Mason and member of the Holland Memorial Lodge. Dr. Reed taught technology in the Gaston County Schools as well as teaching still and video photography, computer technology and audio and video technology at Gaston College. He was a member of the Coast Guard Auxiliary and the Lake Norman Power Squadron. In 1978, Dr. Reed was honored by the Civitan Club as the “Citizen of the Year”.

Dr. Reed was a member of New Hope Baptist Church and was a former member of First Baptist Church of Gastonia where he served on the Board of Deacons, was Sunday School Superintendent, President of the Baptist Men, and Mission Chairman for Southwood Baptist Church Mission.

Dr. Reed was a long time member of the AAEP. He owned multi World Titled Mike’s Mighty Man, breeder of Reserve World Grand Champion Mike’s Mighty Delight and World Champion Mighty Man’s Rascal. Dr. Reed was also the personal veterinarian for World Grand Champion Triple Threat when he was located in North Carolina.

In addition to his parents, Dr. Reed was preceded in death by his wife of 62 years, Laura Foster Reed and sister, Jane Reed Frank.

Survivors include his children and spouses, Pam Ingraham of Shelbyville, Tenn., Jim, Jr. and Marianne Reed of Tallahassee, Fla. and Minnilue and Tom Braverman of Hillsborough, N.C.; brother, William C. Reed, Jr. of Houston, Texas; sister, Grace Talley Redifer of Sugarland, Texas; 6 grandchildren and spouses and 6 great grandchildren.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Gaston, 310 S Boyd Street, Gastonia, NC or New Hope Baptist Church, 2024 Redbud Drive, Gastonia, NC 28056.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:25 am

The tornado outbreak in North Carolina this weekend was truly heartbreaking. Hope all our N.C. members are safe. Prayers for all who lost family or homes in this terrible tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Hill

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:25 pm

Dr. Reed and his family were respected members of our "barn family" at Bobo Stables in the late '60s and '70s as owners of Mike's Mighty Delight. My condolences go out to Pam and the entire Reed family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senator69

PostSubject: obits    Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:14 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to Pam and the rest of the family.I have known the family for many yrs. having worked with Rex Watts when Mike's Mighty man was a 2yr.old at his barn.I was very honored to be in the win pics last yr. at the Cele. when Pam won an am. 2 yr. old class with a GREAT Powerstroke filly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:07 am

Please pray for Bertie County, NC. They were hit hard by the tornados and need all the help and prayers they can get.
I have several friends that live there and they are ok and trying hard to help those affected. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senator69

PostSubject: obits    Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:28 am

The people in NC and all the affected areas are in my thoughts and prayers .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rwitherington1

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Jess Jackson, owner of Rachel Alexander, passed away this morning.

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/04/21/1715282/horse-owner-winemaker-jess-jackson.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senator69

PostSubject: obits    Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 am

Let us all say a prayer and keep our friends in middle Tn. in our thoughts this morning .They are having terrible tornados hitting all over them !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Just saw the damage in Tuscaloosa & Cullman, Alabama. Prayers for those folks too.

Last edited by smitty on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:25 pm

Praying also for our friend Mirally Meadows, who lives north of Birmingham, Ala.
I fear she may be very near or directly in the path of the terrible tornado that just passed through.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:58 pm

I just came from Tullahoma to S'ville - and I was SCARED - probably won't be unscared till after midnight. That's when the weather person said that I could breathe a sigh of relief.
Hope everyone is okay. OHM was expecting a mare to foal - pray that goes well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Saying lots of prayers that everyone is okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:33 pm

We were wakened by rain pelting our bedroom window and the wind howling. We had only a few small limbs down in our yard (found a good size tulip poplar limb in our back yard and our tulip poplar tree is in the FRONT yard). All around us there were huge trees torn up by the roots or ripped off about roof level. A couple of houses had trees fall on them. Our street was blocked in several places by trees that had fallen across it. The last time I was outside, the police were still at the top of the hill. Behind us looked like a war zone. A lot of town was without power. Hooters and Toots had extensive roof damage. Other businesses were damaged as well. We felt extremely blessed to have escaped yet again with no noticeable damage when all around us was such a mess. I think our street has turned into tornado alley. Prayers for those here with damage and for those in Alabama and Georgia who are dealing with MUCH bigger issues. Thought about you Bubbadog, then remembered you are in Shelbyville now, which had its own share of storms today too. Hope OHM's mare and colt are alright. MM, hope you are safe too. Hope the storms are gone!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:52 am

It's been a scary couple of days in middle Tennessee, hope all our friends are safe and sound....of all the times for me to have PC problems getting on trivia, sometimes I can-sometimes I can't. Was that way before the storms came and it seems to continue...grrrrrrh I'm sure it's the operator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Just read on WHC about the loss of barns and horses through out the southland...my prayers go out to all the horse folks as well as others who have suffered these terrible losses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Some welcome news in the wake of all this sadness- A quote from a friend in Birmingham who knows Molly also, "Mirally Meadows is fine... I think without power for now, but no damage. Her children are all accounted for and safe as well. Thank God!"
jump for joy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun May 01, 2011 12:55 am

AWW, thanks to all of you for your concern. Power has been restored and we are all safe. Terrifying storms that passed north and south of us. Too close for comfort....so many lives forever changed by this tragic tornado outbreak here in Alabama and surrounding states. Counting blessings....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
twhboss

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun May 01, 2011 7:05 am

Good to hear from you! All affected by the storms have been and continue to be in our prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun May 01, 2011 10:45 am

MM, my heart goes out to all those effeted by the storms. Wonderful to hear your safe and sound.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senator69

PostSubject: obits    Sun May 01, 2011 10:59 am

So glad to hear from you Molly !Our thoughts and prayers are with those who are affected by these storms !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sun May 01, 2011 12:59 pm

MM, so glad to hear you are okay. OHM, tell us about your mare and colt and how you fared during the storm. Hope everyone is okay.

On another note, Lynn Womack, took a NASTY flight out of a cart she was driving yesterday when the horse spooked and ran off with her. She FLEW sky high and came down on a post of the rail. It seemed to take forever for the paramedics to arrive. She was alert and vowing to ride in the show in Shelbyville last night. However, the last thing that I heard was that she had a lascerated liver and they kept her overnight in the hospital. I am trying to hear further this morning. I am sure she would love having your prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senator69

PostSubject: obits    Mon May 02, 2011 10:52 am

I hope Lynn is recuperating great and she is in my prayers !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon May 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Well wishes to Lynn! I am not a fan of carts/buggies anyway....and if it can happen to her, it could happen to anyone. So dangerous, hope she is recovering well. Keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Mon May 02, 2011 10:58 pm

Talked to Tommy Hall yesterday. He said she had a pretty rough afternoon and that they kept her from food and drink and kept a surgeon on standby during the night Saturday night. She handled it all well, so they let her eat and then dismissed her about 10:30 Sunday morning with orders to rest. I don't know Lynn really well, but she strikes me as a person who doesn't spend a lot of time at rest!!! It certainly could have been a LOT worse with the spill (high flying ejection) that she took. I am sure she could still use our prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   Sat May 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Don Bolinger

Donald Russell Bolinger, 82, of California, Mo., passed away on Wednesday, May 4, 2011, at his residence. He was born May 28, 1928, in Moniteau County, the son of Ward Bolinger and Velma (Shores) Bolinger whom preceded him in death. Don was a 1945 graduate of California High School. He was united in marriage on May 1, 1948, in Kansas City, Mo., to Bonnie Crane who survives of the home. He was a member of Flag Springs Baptist Church where he served as President of the Cemetery Association for many years and held many offices. Don raised and showed Tennessee Walking Horses. He helped organize the Midwest Tennessee Walking Horse Trainers Association and judged the 1970 World Championships for Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration. Don owned and operated Versailles Livestock Auction that has been a family operation for many years. He is survived by two sons, Kent Bolinger and wife Louisa, Greg Bolinger and wife Jeanne; four daughters, Connie Bolinger, Wanda Daugherity, Vickie Miller and Margie Bolinger; 16 grandchildren; 20 great- grandchildren and one dog, Penny. He was preceded in death by one son in-law ,Danny Miller. Funeral services will be Monday, May 9, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. at the California First Baptist Church Sanctuary. Officiating will be Pastor Ken Chapman. Burial will be in the Flag Springs Cemetery. Visitation will be Sunday, May 8, 2011, at the California First Baptist Church Family Life Center from 4:00-7:00 p.m. Memorials are suggested to Flag Springs Cemetery Association, Hospice Compassus or American Heart Association c/o Bowlin-Cantriel Funeral Services, 100 S. Oak St., California, MO 65018. Arrangements are under the direction of Bowlin-Cantriel Funeral Services, California, Mo.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   

Back to top Go down

WHT Memorials
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 31 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: