WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHT Memorials

Go down 
+27
High Chaparral
cruiselvr
Tiger Bay
Hill
rhinestone
Jean
MirallyMeadows
Black Fantasy 1
curbchain
rwitherington1
BigEd
Rambler
Horsegurl1
scooter
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
grits
makethecut
sensation61
ONEHOTMARE
deltaboy
Everett
senator69
twhboss
Old Graymare
sadlbum
smitty
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

WHT Memorials - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:54 am

Many of you may remember Barbara Summer...She passed away yesterday.
I believe they plan on having a service here at Hillcrest.
I will try and find out the time and day.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 am

CB, I cannot place Barbara Summer...Any background that would jumpstart my memory of her?
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:02 pm

She & her husband moved to Shelbyville from Ca. He passed away after they moved here and she continued to run/own Continental Farms. Mack Motes trained horses for them for a while. Later she and Billy Davis married & moved back to her place in Utah. Billy's brother is Danny Ray head of SSHBEA DQP.
She was a gracious/beautiful lady.
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:39 pm

I hate to hear about Barbara. I trail ride with Milton Davis some (Danny Ray & Billys brother) and Milton had told me about Barbara's health. She had emphysema and was also in a wheel chair. Barbara is in a photo that hangs over my desk top screen.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:54 am

I Just heard J.T. Leech passed away this morning. More details later.
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:57 am

Oh I'm so sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:20 am

I'm so sorry...I know he has been in bad health for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:34 am

While living in Shelbyville i visited the Leech's and was invited into their home and talked for a long time. Found some people we both knew from way back.
Back to top Go down
http://LEESMINIMART.synthasite.com
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:43 am

Very sorry to hear about J.T. In my opinion he was very underrated as a horseman.
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:50 am

So sorry to hear about J. T.....He was one of a kind.
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:23 pm

JT was very friendly & was willing to talk as long as someone had questions. We stood at the VFW booth intersection one night & talked a couple of hours until Marrianne drug Him off. this was at least 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: cThe country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:45 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of J.T.'s passing.He was a good man and a good horseman.You could tell he was a saddlebred man too because of the way he could pop that whip.He and Marianne had some pretty good stock over the yrs.
Back to top Go down
makethecut

makethecut

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:11 pm

J. T. turned 94 years old this past Wednesday. He was a dear friend and I will miss him.
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:34 pm

I was also sorry to hear of J.T.'s passing and my thoughts and prayers are with Mary Ann. Ramsey asked earlier how old J.T. was. Although I never knew J.T. that well, I certainly enjoyed the few times I was around him. One night at the Fun Show (shortly after it was moved into the Calsonic)...I saw J.T. looking around as if he wanted a seat. I invited him to sit in my box and he did. Before the show was over, I felt as if I had known J.T. for years. He talked and talked and talked. What a knowledgeable horseman J.T. was. Wish I'd had more opportunities to watch a show with him.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:14 pm

Joseph T. "J.T." Leech
January 27, 1916 - January 30, 2010

WHT Memorials - Page 15 JTLeechHeadShot

Mr. Leech was born in Caldwell County, KY to the late Lucien Leech and Lena Campbell Leech. He owned and operated Leech Stables in Belvidere.

J.T. Leech is best described as a legend in his own time in the walking horse world. Winning 32 World Championships, numerous reserve Championships, and too many blue ribbons to count, his career was a dream that most horsemen never accomplish. In 2004, The Celebration inducted him into the prestigious Tennessee Walking Horse Hall of Fame, a honor bestowed upon few. He was a judge, a member of the Tennessee Walking Horse Breeder's & Exhibitors’ Association, a member of the Walking Horse Trainers’ Association and a previous director on the board for the Trainers’ Association.

In addition to being a great horse trainer, J. T. was a man of ingenuity, strong work ethic, integrity, and was a very prosperous farmer.

Survivors include his wife, Marianne Gray Leech; sons, Rodney Leech of Moore County and Jimmy Leech of Princeton, KY; daughter, Rebecca Leech of California. Visitation will be 6-8 PM Monday at Moore-Cortner Funeral Home. Funeral services will be 2 PM Tuesday, February 2, 2010 at Moore-Cortner Chapel with Rev. Johnny Bradford officiating. Interment at Vanzant Cemetery.

http://www.moorecortner.com/index.cfm

WHT Memorials - Page 15 Societyspartydoll

WHT Memorials - Page 15 JTLeechSaddlebred

Last edited by smitty on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:31 pm

I've never seen a picture of JT on an ASB, wonderful memories of he and Marianne! My prayers are with Marianne and family.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:31 pm

January 29, 2010

Lillian Gaines, has been diagnosed with colon and liver cancer. She is currently recovering from surgery to remove a mass from the colon and will begin treatment for the liver as soon as she regains her strength for surgery. She is expected to be in the hospital for 10-14 days at St. Bernard’s Medical Center, Room 1005, 225 East Jackson Avenue, Jonesboro, AR 71201

Lillian and her husband, L.H. Gaines, have been in the Walking Horse industry for more than 50 years, winning three World Grand Championship and 27 World Championship titles with such notables as Copy's Jubilee, Dawn's Double Delight, Ed's Final Notice, Ebony's Darling Gal, Gen's Good As Gold, Come To Papa, and Pride's Flapjack. They have had horses in training with Ray Gilmer for more than 35 years.

Cards may be sent to the Gaines home at 6296 North County Road 711, Blytheville, AR 72315.

This announcement was posted on THE SCOOP on-line....I was just thinking of them when Kat Man Dude died this past week-end as they raised Kat. I had the pleasure of sitting with them at the Celebration for years....Miss Lillian is a true animal lover, active in animal rescues in her area and had a grooming "shop".
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: cThe country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:21 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Gaines family.They have been owners and exhibitors of some of this industries GREATS for many yrs.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 pm

If you read my Facebook page, you know that my step-mother passed away this morning. She was a great cook, wonderful seamstress, and super grandmother to my boys. She mentored me in many things from playing the piano to crafts. She made beautiful crocheted tablecloths and quilts. From her, I learned to make the crochet dishcloths that are so neat. My boys were totally HER grandchildren. They loved her and she loved them. She was super to my Dad. She literally extended his life for 10 years after my mother died. I will forever be grateful to her for that. She was only about 6 weeks from her 91st birthday and had gotten worse this week. The last time I saw her the other day, she held out her arms to me when I walked in the door. I was going to visit her today. It was time for her to go, but I will miss her. Her funeral will be in Chapel Hill, TN on Saturday. I would appreciate your prayers for my boys and that I will feel healthy through these days. The stress of it all sent my chest and stomach into a tailspin today. Somehow you all feel like family, so I thought I would share this with you.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Gmare, So sorry for the loss of this most special lady...and what a loving tribute you wrote for her. It's clear that the love was shared. You will have the strength to carry through these days; those loving memories are with you.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Graymare,

What MM said, mirrors my thoughts exactly. What a special lady and I'm so sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Graymare,

My condolences to you and the family. You were fortunate to have such a wonderful step-mother.

Sheila
Back to top Go down
makethecut

makethecut

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Graymare,
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Graymare, Very sorry to hear of your loss.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: cThe country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 15 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Graymare,,lean on your faith in the Lord and he will see you through it all.May He wrap you in His loving arms and hold you tight.May The Lord be with you and your family in the days ahead.My thoughts and prayers are with y'all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHT Memorials
Page 15 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: