WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.

Go down 
+25
Mister
carol edwards
rooster
samara_farms
Ritz-A-Roo
scooter
Hill
rhinestone
Rambler
curbchain
Jean
Horsegurl1
MirallyMeadows
Old Graymare
Black Fantasy 1
senator69
The Man in Black
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
sensation61
Bubbadog
Everett
grits
twhboss
smitty
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
smitty
Admin
smitty

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:50 am

The 2010 Strolling Jim Ride

These pics are from the ride held October 9th in Wartrace, TN. This ride sounds like a lot of fun. I think there was camping and prizes and money raised for charity from this event. OHM can give us some details. Some nice pics here.

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 SheilaGrooverStrollingJimRide3

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 AmyLeeMarksStrollingJimRide2

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 OHMStrollingJimRide1

Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Beautiful, OHM!!!!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:21 am

The lady in the first photo is Sheila Groover, followed by Amy Lee Marks and of course, OHM.

OHM sez:

"These pics were taken at the top of Garrett Winnettes farm...on 64 between Water Fall Farm and the town of Wartrace. You also have this same view from a small peak on Water Fall...where the gazebo is."
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:26 am

Here's a link to some misc. pics from the Red Oak Ridge riding trails at Dale Hollow Lake, near Celina, TN:

http://tennesseetrails.ning.com/photo/photo/search?q=dale+hollow
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:46 pm

This is what is so great about the TWH! This is my husband's ex show mare. She was 3rd in her class at the celebration before coming to us. She has never been around children to our knowledge. This is a good friend's 3 year old granddaughter, Savannah Grace, and Cuz's mare Sunday Social. Sorry the pics are so small but they were taken with a cellphone and get pixely if I try to make them bigger!

[img]Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 Sundaysocialandsavannahgrace2[/img][img]Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 Sundaysocialandsavannahgrace[/img]
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:51 am

OHM and her trail horse exhibit bravery and surefootedness...

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 OHMTrail1

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 OHMTrail2

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 OHMTrail3
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:48 pm

affraid GASP!!! I'm in awe! bow down bow down
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:46 pm

Way to go girl. Good horse. good rider!
Back to top Go down
http://LEESMINIMART.synthasite.com
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:23 am

Me & Bubbadog used to do stuff like that all the time, when we wuz 12. Don't think either of us would try it now, at least not sober. affraid
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:29 am

I was talking to someone on the phone last night about the stuff that we used to do on horses. MIB's daddy would go to the horse sale pretty regularly and buy all different shapes and sizes. MIB and I had one horse that we used to fight over regularly. I loved it when he went off to military school and I could ride that horse all the time on account of he was the fastest. We used to fly up and down the walls of a rock quarry like we were the men from snowy river. Don't know if I would attempt that now!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:46 pm

Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 5:38 am

Awesome!! Low Rider
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:27 pm

If the Good Lord's willing and tha creeks don't rise (no worry bout that) I'll be at Big South Fork, this weekend. Will try to take lots of pics and hopefully won't get lost.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:20 am

Should be a nice weekend to ride the South Fork, OHM. One of these days I'm going to have to go down there and ride it myself. I was down in southern Ky last weekend, not so far from the BSF. I camped out near Laurel Lake over near Corbin. Another beautiful lake and forest area. I kayaked & fished the lake, but didn't even get a bite. Hard to catch fish in gin clear water with the sun beaming down. I drove over to Cumberland Falls Sunday and viewed them for the thousandth time and fished a little upstream of there.

Saw quite a few horse trailers on the side of the road in both of these DBNF areas. I didn't realize there were horse trails in this area, but evidently the trails are "multi-use", which means hikers and horses are allowed on them. Not sure if mountain bikes are allowed on these trails as well, or not.

Hey! Here's a novel idea............I think the BSF would be a great central location for all WHT members (and fans) to congregate for a TRAIL RIDE next year. I know TWH Rental hosses are available at many of these dude ranches over on the Jamestown side. I'd like to hear some feedback on this.....

ponder
Back to top Go down
grits

grits

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:12 am

I'm down wid dat... jump for joy
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:43 am

Yeah, boy!

We rented a house with barn right on the edge of the park and rode directly into the park from where we stayed....beautiful. Cannot remember the name of the cave that we walked down and into just off one of the trails which are well marked. Tons of fun, stayed up all night rented scary affraid movies....grilled outside and roasted marshmellows....FUN! jump for joy
Back to top Go down
Black Fantasy 1

Black Fantasy 1

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:49 am

As long as I can get a shower and have electricity, I'll be there to ride! I just don't like bugs and sleeping in my clothes.

My other half is getting ready for a 3 day ride the second weekend in November. There should still be some nice colors on the leaves here in the mountains of Virginia.

And other than the no shower or electricity thing, I don't think he's going to be roughing it too much. He will be sleeping in the horse trailer on his aero bed.

Susie
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 7:18 am

Here's a link to some of the lodging/stables options at the BSFNRRA:

http://www.bigsouthforkcountry.com/equestrian.html

Also, here's a great .pdf map of the area for anyone who wishes to familiarize themselves:

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/national_parks/big_south_fork_park97.pdf

Cowboy
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:02 am

From The Rock Hill Herald, 1956

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 NCTWHRancher1
Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 TWHRancher2
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:16 pm

I'm back from BSF, and count me in for the TRIVIA trip...we will need a DETAILED intinerary. Most fun I've had since my parents took me to Disneyland in the 60's.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:53 pm

OHM, I knew you'd love it. The Big South is simply great, is it not? I've never ridden there, but have hiked and camped over much of it and floated parts of the river. Yes, the TRIVIA RIDE looks like a winner to me! So far, I think at least 5 of us are interested in doing this next Fall. I'm absolutely sure we can recruit more riders for this trip. I think maybe I can recruit some Ky folk to come down and I'll just bet you can bring a bunch of middle TN people up with you. We have all year to plan and recruit and we have the advantage of using the internet to help. We could also plan some other events as well and folks who don't or won't ride would still have plenty of reasons to make the trip as well. The scenery is spectacular and there's plenty to see and do in the South Fork.

Let's brain-storm on this a little. Anyone have any interesting and creative ideas??? ponder
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:48 pm

twhemt said...

This is a very short clip of Mikey under saddle. He has just over 30 days…maybe closer to 45. We think he is doing very well. He is in training with Nya out in ID. Mikey is by Bud’s Sterling Bullet and out of Red Bud’s Last Dreamer. Mikey is barefoot and it was his first day in this bit.

Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:09 am

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 LittleBigHeartedLady1

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 LittleBigHeartedLady2
Back to top Go down
Hill

Hill

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Smitty...I would LOVE to go on the trail ride!!!! I used to do these many years ago and loved them; couldn't wait for the next one to roll around!! I haven't done one in years but sure am game for another one; especially with the WHT group...sounds like so much FUN!! My problem is that I don't have a horse so I will have to work on that situation. Like you said; there would be lots to do even if you couldn't ride...just the camping trip with the group will be great!!! We have a year; plenty of time to work on details; so for right now I will say that I am sure going to try to work it out!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Well, there is no definite trail ride just yet, but we're working on it. Next Fall is a long time away, but I really think we could have a lot of interest in this thang. I doubt if many would camp, unless it's in RVs, but hey....you're welcome to it. I imagine most will stay in cabins (big or little) or in a motel in Jamestown or Oneida. Horses can be rented if you don't have one. So far, Grits, Black Fantasy, Mirally Meadows and of course OHM have expressed interest. Terri Smith from the Facebook Trivia group has expressed interest as well. She has ridden there many times. Haven't heard from Bubbadog, MIB or any of the others yet on this subject. I would guess there would be others interested that ride with OHM and I might be able to recruit some of my old Ky buds as well. You're right.....anyone who doesn't ride would still have a wonderful time, especially in the Fall.

Several of us, including myself, have not been on a horse in many years. I don't think I'd have any trouble, but I would want to take a trial run somewhere JUST TO MAKE SURE!

Yeah, maybe we could build a big campfire and roast some hot dogs. The river can be floated in a canoe or raft, but some parts have way too much WHITEWATER for most of us. Other activities include hiking, fishing and general sight-seeing......which is the best.

I'm just throwing out some ideas here, but it really does have the potential to be a great, fun time.
I will post some photos from OHM's trip to the Big South Fork tomorrow.

Cowboy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.
Page 19 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: