WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.

Go down 
+25
Mister
carol edwards
rooster
samara_farms
Ritz-A-Roo
scooter
Hill
rhinestone
Rambler
curbchain
Jean
Horsegurl1
MirallyMeadows
Old Graymare
Black Fantasy 1
senator69
The Man in Black
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
sensation61
Bubbadog
Everett
grits
twhboss
smitty
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
sadlbum

sadlbum

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:42 am

That gals hoss is stroking!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Picture of my horse   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:24 pm

Me and my TWH/SSH stallion, Paints Rocky Top!
Sandi Bartolotti Live Oak, FL

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 Rocky110
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Very nice! Please tell us about the interesting reins and the stirrups.
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 9:45 pm

smitty wrote:
Very nice! Please tell us about the interesting reins and the stirrups.
Smitty:
The reins were made of a nice soft material; bought them at a local tack shop....later sold the reins to a friend of mine who loves them! The stirrup on this antique western sidesaddle is a tapadero (hooded) stirrup.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:26 am

Rockytopgirl,

This might be a stupid question, but do all ladies side-saddle riders always place their legs on the left side of the horse?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:58 am

smitty wrote:
Rockytopgirl,

This might be a stupid question, but do all ladies side-saddle riders always place their legs on the left side of the horse?

Hi Smitty,
No, not a stupid question. The standard is the near side, of course, however, if the situation warranted it,
there have been side saddles custom made for ladies to have their legs on the offside of the horse.

Sandi
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:31 pm

Good question and answer...A little story. I showed my pony in a costume class, decided to wear a long dress and ride sidesaddle. Problem was, no side saddle. Used an old western saddle, threw my leg over the horn with a long dress on and removed the off side stirrup....REDNECK SIDESADDLE. LOL Only did that "once-t", I would definitely need to practice as I felt as off-centered as I looked. You look lovely and confident!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:39 am

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 WorldsGreatestPleasureHorsePromo
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:01 am

Doug Wolaver on 1967 WGC Go Boys Sundust.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Bluegrass Bandit
The little mare so nice, they made a Breyer model of her.

Back to top Go down
Hill

Hill

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Now there ya' go! This horse has a beautiful natural gait!!! His movement is balanced; the backend and frontend are balanced and in time. And what I could not keep my eyes off of was the perfect head motion; something I've always loved in the TWH..and it was beautifully set on a loose rein as well as in time with his gait. This is the natural walk and motion that I remember in the TWH.

Last edited by Hill on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Hill, B B is a fine example of a flat shod walking hoss. For my money, the good flat shod walking horses today have a lot more real walk, the kind that horses had back when you were showing, than most of the padded horses have now.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:30 pm

The Breyer model of Bluegrass Bandit

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 585
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:44 pm

And owned and shown by the nicest family you'd ever want to meet!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:26 am

smitty wrote:
The Breyer model of Bluegrass Bandit

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 585

Just last week, I purchased that Breyer model of Bluegrass Bandit, from Tractor Supply.

Sandi
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 036
2 of the 4 speed racking babies

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 039

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 038
Cuz helping Babara get something out of her truck.

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 037
Sunday Social after riding and praying we forget about her!

We spent the day out at the barn and some friends brought their speed racking babies over to work on consistency. The barn road is 1/2 mile from bottom to top which is what they need to build speed and consistency. We had a great time. This is just a few shots I took with my little digital. The rest are on my 35mm and I have to get that developed. Yep...REAL film!!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Boss,

Do yall race them speed rackers? I remember we used to have some rackers when I was a kid, and there were always races on trail rides. You'd be ridin along and hear a commotion behind you..............LOOK OUT!........get OVER!........(it would be two fellas racing each other down the gravel roads)
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Speaking of Speed Rackers,
At the TWH trainers show on Sat night, right before the big Stake, they had one on exhibition. A bay & about 14 hands, flat shod. I'm not so sure, that he was racking though. Seemed to me like he was doing one of them ASB five gaits, slow gait or show gait or whatever its called. The riders motion, was up & down, instead of forward & aft.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:35 pm

I need some help getting a tail white! M M you might be able to give me some tips, but if anyone else knows please tell me. A lady brought me a pure white mare to work, (expects her to be the reincarnation of White Star). She is 3 and barely broke to lead, shedding like crazy, my cross tie area looks like we had a heavy snow every time I put her in it. Anyhow, her tail is kinda pastel yellow and I need to get it white and braid it and put it in a bag. Soap and water ain't doing it and I am a little afraid to try bleach. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
grits

grits

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:47 pm

MIB, For white hair use a purple shampoo used by ladies with that beautiful silver hair or youmay want to try this after it's washed and dry put some corn starch on it when I was showing Q.H. I always used it to touch up any white on my horses that may have gotten dirty in the night.
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:52 pm

smitty wrote:
Boss,

Do yall race them speed rackers? I remember we used to have some rackers when I was a kid, and there were always races on trail rides. You'd be ridin along and hear a commotion behind you..............LOOK OUT!........get OVER!........(it would be two fellas racing each other down the gravel roads)

LOL! I don't race but they do! That's why they brought them to our barn. Not only do we have 22 miles of trails, but the barn road is dirt and gravel and 1/2 a mile long. They don't have anywhere else that long and straight where they can let these babies find their gait and move on! It was really cool! Charge!
Back to top Go down
Black Fantasy 1

Black Fantasy 1

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 4:57 pm

MIB,

The best thing you can use is Blueing like your mother and grandmother probably used in the laundry to keep their sheets white. If you can find it, it is the best. Put a capful in a gallon bucket of water. After you've washed the horse, pour the bucket with the bluing over the horses tail. Let her stand (out in the sun if you can), and it comes out pure white.

You can also use Downey. It has a bluing agent in it. Also makes a good conditioner. A friend of mine is a professional dog groomer and this is one of her tricks.

Susie O.
Back to top Go down
Hill

Hill

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:05 pm

That purple shampoo is called Shimmering Lights and it comes in a generic brand at Sally's Beauty Supply. They also have a conditioner. I'm not so sure if the shampoo by itself will take all the yellow out of the tail???; but that is it's purpose on human hair. You could ask them at Sally's if they had anything else you could use...they normally have people working there that are trained beauticians. I was thinking that maybe one of the rinses (I can't think of the brand name; but if you ask for a rinse they would know) for platinum hair might do it and then follow up with the Shimmering Lights. The shampoo does give the hair a pretty shine. And...someone like MM that has shown white or palomino horses might know a trick??
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 6:16 pm

I've heard that SPRAY Shout works wonders also.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks everybody for the help on whitening Midnight Tarbaby's tail :joker: If none of these work I'll get back with you Big Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.
Page 11 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: