WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.

Go down 
+25
Mister
carol edwards
rooster
samara_farms
Ritz-A-Roo
scooter
Hill
rhinestone
Rambler
curbchain
Jean
Horsegurl1
MirallyMeadows
Old Graymare
Black Fantasy 1
senator69
The Man in Black
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
sensation61
Bubbadog
Everett
grits
twhboss
smitty
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 pm

MIB...Many concoctions will do the job. I've used Orvus soap over 40 yrs...started when I showed cattle in 4H.

Blk Fantasy is referring to Mrs. Stewarts Bluing...and it works. Only problem...it's nearly obsolete in grocers, now. The company does have a website and you can order direct. Some Krogers may still carry it...but I haven't found it.

Another great product ($$$) is WOW...mfg by www.healing-tree.com. TSC, TN CO OP's and many tack stores carry it.

Many spotted horse folks like SHOUT...but I've never used it on a horse...just our clothing. They also use a product mfg by Equi-Pharm, Shelbyville...that's more economical than the Cowboy Magic line and suppose to be as good.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:29 am

Thanks OHM, I think I have some Shout, so I may start with that.
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 43210005
Cuz and his mare Sunday Social!!!
Charge!
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 43210020
Cuz's gelding, "Cuz" with our friend Barbara up.

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 43210024
Baby speed rackers!

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 43210010
Barbara (being vertically challenged) has taught the horses to stand across a railroad tie so she can mount.

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 43210007
And of course my Queen, who was tore out of the frame because she didn't get to play!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Looks like a nice place to ride, Boss. I like the name Sunday Social.
Is Cuz a dead ringer for Papa Hemingway ??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:16 pm

LOL! Not really but he is a dead ringer for Captain.....something....down in the keys. Can't think of the name right now, but I'll try to remember (oh what I would give for a good memory again!).
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 9:51 pm

MIB,
I also used Orvus on Snowman all those years ago and if there's any yellowing (tip of his tail was always dingy) I used Roux hair rinse...I believe the color was White Mink?? It looked a little blue colored when you applied it, but we always sun dried it and it took the yellow out. Maybe it's similar to the purple shampoo others have recommended. But, the rinse was applied to the specific area and left on to dry.

TWHBoss and Cuz...thanks for sharing your pics. I enjoy the shows that include speed racking, the crowds love it. I remember Morris Denny on RoadRunner winning that class at the Celebration years ago. (60's or 70's?)
Back to top Go down
Hill

Hill

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:11 am

MIB...The Roux hair rinse was what I was thinking of and could not remember the name. I used it on a Half-Arab Paint and it did a good job. She had a lot of silver in her tail though; not as much white; but since MM recommends it on white sounds like a good way to go. You've received a lot of good tips!
Back to top Go down
Black Fantasy 1

Black Fantasy 1

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:51 am

I have to boast a little. Some of you may remember my story about Star, my other halves trail horse and her fear of cows. (If not, it's on page 5.) Here is the latest on Star.

I am not sure if any of you are familiar with ACTHA. This is the American Competive Trail Horse Association. We went to a Trail Horse sale at Lexington several weeks ago, and part of the sale was a competition for the horses in the sale. They had to go over a bridge, around a fire, stay ground tied while the rider went in a porta-potty, and various other obstacles. Sterling and I fell in love with this.

So we came home and did some checking. It just so happened that there was a competition about 20 miles from our home two weeks after the sale. So we went to the barn and started working our 2 trail horses, Star and Shades. Star is by Pusher's D Day and out of a half sister to the Golden Sovereign. Shades is half TWH and half standardbred. He jogs a little, but he is super smart. Due to family obligations, I knew that I couldn't make the ride, so one of the barn kids was going to ride Shades.

To make a long story short, we set up obstacles at home and worked with the horses for the 2 weeks.

Sterling and Hannah took Star and Shades to the ACTHA competition. This one was a 6 mile ride with 6 obstacles. Each obstacle has a judge. Both horse and rider are given points as to ability, willingness, etc.

Shades came in 6th and Star came in second!!!! Star and Shades were pretty evenly scored. Hannah was a little nervous, and it must have shown.

I am so proud. We've never tried anything like this before, and they both came through for us in a big way. And I had a blast "training" them.

I guess we'll be OK as long as they don't stick a cow behind a bush along the trail!!

Susie
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:53 am

MIB's first step will be to get the doodoo and burrs out.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:22 am

It's warm enough today and the owner is coming Saturday so I reckon I'll give it a try this afternoon. I'll give a progress report later. Charge!
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:23 pm

Congrats Susie! That is awesome!

MIB, good luck with the doodoo and burrs! Big Smile Evil Grin
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:53 pm

MIB, I use Shimmering Lights from Sally's on my spotted horses. Lather it up and leave it in for a little while. Don't leave it too long or you'll have blue hair. Keeping them clean on a regular basis also helps.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 7:26 pm

Well I gave her her first bath today without getting kicked or stepped on so that part was good. I had some Orvus and some blue shampoo that is put out by Absorbine and used both of them and I did get the doodoo and burrs out and it is looking better but those stains have been building up for 3 years so I'm thinking it will take a few more rinses. In the middle where there are no stains her tail is snow white, it would really be pretty if I could get it all that color. 2 Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:50 pm

It may take awhile. Rome wasn't built in a day!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:12 pm

Susie, congrats on the trail/obstacle wins!!! Funny how the strangest things can scare a horse...Deer often graze in with my herd, but seeing one on a trail ride scares Muffin to death....All in the context of the situation, I guess.
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:53 pm

smitty wrote:
Looks like a nice place to ride, Boss. I like the name Sunday Social.
Is Cuz a dead ringer for Papa Hemingway ??? Very Happy

I asked Cuz today about the place in the keys with the t shirt that has a picture of a guy that he resembles.....Sloppy Joe's.... the guy is HEMINGWAY... Embarassed Laughing geek
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Yes, I've been to Sloppy Joe's quite a few times and used to have one of the Hemingway shirts.
Let's see what's going on at Sloppy Joe's right now:

http://www.sloppyjoes.com/sloppycam/streamcam.htm
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:03 am

Rhinestone's Horses

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 15845_1131118531688_1639015498_3040
Hard Rock Superstar at Moore County Horse Show

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 17979_1182054045044_1639015498_3051
The Hard Rock Crusher

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 17979_1182048684910_1639015498_3051

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 17979_1182051604983_1639015498_3051
Labeled With Pride aka George

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 27034_1224985038292_1639015498_3059
My new baby, Stormy. He was born Thursday night out in the storm.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 am

I THINK THAT I MIGHT BE JEALOUS.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Beautiful hosses! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Thank you so much.....they are my babies!!!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:39 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:42 pm

The Man in Black wrote:
I need some help getting a tail white! M M you might be able to give me some tips, but if anyone else knows please tell me. A lady brought me a pure white mare to work, (expects her to be the reincarnation of White Star). She is 3 and barely broke to lead, shedding like crazy, my cross tie area looks like we had a heavy snow every time I put her in it. Anyhow, her tail is kinda pastel yellow and I need to get it white and braid it and put it in a bag. Soap and water ain't doing it and I am a little afraid to try bleach. Any ideas?

MIB, I resemble that remark about "the reincarnation of White Star".
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Well even if she don't make a White Star, it would be nice for her to have purty snow white tail Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 39096

Course, she may make a White Star and have a purty white tail if I can get it clean. Today will be her 4th shampoo Charge!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.
Page 12 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: