WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHT Memorials

Go down 
+27
High Chaparral
cruiselvr
Tiger Bay
Hill
rhinestone
Jean
MirallyMeadows
Black Fantasy 1
curbchain
rwitherington1
BigEd
Rambler
Horsegurl1
scooter
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
grits
makethecut
sensation61
ONEHOTMARE
deltaboy
Everett
senator69
twhboss
Old Graymare
sadlbum
smitty
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
scooter

scooter

WHT Memorials - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:33 pm

So sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with the Hickman and Manes's family and the Duncan's.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:20 am

Jewell Manes

WHT Memorials - Page 34 Picturephp

Jewell Manes, 80, of Stoutland, Mo., passed away Wednesday morning, October 26, 2011, in the Lake of the Ozarks Regional Hospital in Osage Beach, Mo. She is preceded in death by her husband, well known walking horse trainer Jerry Manes, in 2010.

Manes will be remembered by all who knew her for her kind spirit, zest for life, love of family and especially children. Jewell followed the growing up of many generations of families throughout the industry. She was the “horse show Mom” for not only her own family, but for many others over the years.

She is survived by six daughters; Rita (Gene) Schubel, Louisburg, Kan.; Lizabeth (Terry) Carlson, Cleveland, Miss.; JerraAnn (Larry) Williams, Lee’s Summit, Mo.; Julia (Nelson) VanZyverden, Niangua, Mo.; Margaret (Wade) Hickman, Stoutland, Mo.; and Sarah Manes, Niangua, Mo.

Services were held Saturday, October 29, 2011, at the First Baptist Church in Richland, Mo. Memorial donations may be made to First Baptist Church in Richland.
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:23 am

So aptly named, a Jewell she was. Sympathy to all the Manes family, I've missed seeing Jewell and Jerry at the Celebration.
Sad
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Page, Betty Ezell's granddaughter just called to tell me Betty passed away about an hour ago. She had been in poor health for some time. Us oldie remember Betty and Ed, they were quite involved in the WH businss for many years. One of Ed's last positions was Stallion Manager At Vic Thompsons Stallion Stables.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:25 pm

So sorry to hear about Miss Betty. Decker is right - probably only us REAL old people remember the Ezells. Miss Betty was for many years the authority when it came to equitation. She and Mr Ed both contributed greatly to the Walking Horse industry back in the olden days.
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:08 pm

In later years Betty had miniature horses, that is when I met her.
Back to top Go down
http://LEESMINIMART.synthasite.com
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:25 pm

I remember where the Ezells lived in Chapel Hill. I remember the "minature horses". They looked like small ponies to me.
That had to be 45 years ago. I guess I must fit the old person bill.
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Visitation for Betty Ezell is tomorrow from 3-8 at the Lawerence Brothers Funeral home in Chapel Hill, Tn. with the funeral on Friday At 1 pm.
Family's address is 3711 Harber rd., Chapel Hill, TN. 37034
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: obits    WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:10 pm

I remember the Ezell's from way back when.Your right they were real contributors of the WH industry . Sorry to hear of Miss Betty's passing.My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.
Back to top Go down
tc1987

tc1987

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:54 pm

I remember Miss Betty coming to Jack Warren's to work with Amelia Allen - 3 time Celebration Equitation Winner in the 60's. That was 1965.....

Christie B.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:40 am

Betty Ezell

Betty Ezell, Age 86 of Chapel Hill, TN, died December 6, 2011.
Survived by daughters, Kris (Murrey) Holton and Dee Housch, both of Chapel Hill, TN; sons, Jim (Judi) Ezell, Florence, AL, Adam (Misty) Ezell, Murfreesboro, TN; step-daughter, Betsy Benz, Chapel Hill, TN; step-son, Sam Bailey Ezell, Duck River, TN; fifteen grandchildren; eleven great grandchildren.
Visitation will begin at 3 p.m. on Thursday, December 8, 2011 at Lawrence Funeral Home.
Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. on Friday, December 9, 2011 from the chapel of Lawrence Funeral Home, with burial to follow in Swanson Cemetery in Chapel Hill.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Chapel Hill Elementary School Library, 415 South Horton Parkway, Chapel Hill, TN 37034; or Special Kids, Inc., in memory of Betty Ezell, 202 Arnette St., Murfreesboro, TN 37130. LAWRENCE FUNERAL HOME & CREMATION SERVICES, Chapel Hill, TN (931) 364-223
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:04 am

Dr. John Clayton Brundige

JOHN CLAYTON BRUNDIGE DDS, age 88, of Sugar Grove, IL passed away peacefully at his home on December 17, 2011. He was born October 26, 1923 in Detroit, MI, the son of George and Judith Brundige.
Following graduation from high school, John began serving his country during WWII with a medical unit from 1944-1948.

After his honorable discharge, he returned to civilian life graduated college and attended Northwestern University Dental School and graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1952. John changed course from his formal education when he became president of Chicago Die Casting Manufacturing Company in 1956, but he volunteered for 15 years in the dental unit of Casa Central in Chicago.

While he was at Northwestern, he met and married the love of his life, Marie Koch, and has spent the last 60 years making memories full of laughter and love.

John and Marie lived in the suburbs of Chicago in the early years of their marriage, they settled on a farm in Sugar Grove, making it their home for the past 43 years.

John was a member of the Union League Club of Chicago since 1956 and was a Shriner since 1970. He also was bestowed with the title of Kentucky Colonel by the then Governor of Kentucky, Martha Layne Collins. Those honored with the title, embody an uncommon strength of character, leadership and dedication to the welfare of others.

He had been an avid supporter of the Tennessee Walking Horse industry since the early 1960's. He enjoyed many years of watching his wife, daughter and grandchildren show their many World Champion horses. His favorite horse of all was their beloved World Champion Countdown Heatwave.

“Dr. John” or “Doc” will always be remembered for his kind spirit, generous heart and never ending love for his wife, children and especially his grandchildren.

He is survived by his loving wife of 60 years, Marie, Four children: John (Carlen) Brundige of Sugar Grove, Lyle (Jennifer) Brundige of Elburn, Rob (Pete) Brundige of Geneva and Jill (Herbert) Derickson of Wartrace, TN; Seven grandchilren: Levi Brundige, Clayton Brundige, Maggie Brundige, Erica Derickson Way, Maria Derickson, Thomas Derickson and Will Derickson; One sister, Alice Hendrick of Scottsdale, AZ; a niece, Anita (Dan) Weldon ; a great-nephew, Luke Weldon and a family of friends.

Private family services have already been held. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established in his name to benefit Doctors Without Borders and Smile Train an organization that helps children with cleft palates. Checks may be made to the “John Brundige Memorial” and mailed in care of P.O. Box 66, Elburn, IL 60119. Tributes may also be forwarded to the same address or on the web at www.conleycare.com.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: obits    WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:00 pm

So sorry to hear about Dr. Brundige passing away.He was a really nice man.My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time.I've had the privilege of spending some time the last few Cele. at Herbert and Jill's barn where Spears has been training out of their back barn.I went out there to watch my pal Cindy Thornton Sullivan ride.Herbert and jill and their family are SUPER GREAT folks.
Back to top Go down
BigEd

BigEd

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Louella Cubbage of Stanley, Virginia passed away Saturday, January 7, 2012. She had been a long time trainer in Virginia and had trained many horses for CW Kline for over 20 years. No information on the services yet.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: obits    WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Saw on FB today that Ky. horseman Danny Luttrell passed away.Danny is the father of Kevin Luttrell and father -in -law of Courtney Luttrell who rides Godfather By Ultra Copy among others.I knew Danny back in the day and my condolences go out to Kevin and the family at this time.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:33 am

We were very lucky Friday.

Most of the tornado touchdowns were north and south of us, but there was definitely tornadic storms within a few miles, they just passed us over. Pretty much the same thing happened last year when a big black "wall cloud" came right down our road. Last Wednesday I was dodging them as well, when I had to take my brother up to Louisville to the doctor. While he was there, I drove over into Indiana to visit a Bass Pro Shop up the Interstate. It was only a few miles south of Henryville, Indiana, the town hit Friday by a F-4 Tornado. Little did I know Wednesday what would take place just up the road on Friday. Instances like these will put the fear of God in you, if you don't have it already.

I'm looking at all these photos of the tornado damage in Ky, Indiana and elsewhere and reading all these terribly sad stories and it just breaks my heart. Prayers go out to all those who have suffered loss from these terrible storms.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:26 am

We were very lucky in Bedford County - Deedy and I spent the afternoon and evening glued to the tv with my 2 dogs and her cat, George (who wasn't very happy about the dogs being in his space.) The weather radio blasted every few minutes and we had blankets in the bathtub ready to jump in and cover up at any moment. We sure were blessed to have been missed. Prayers to everyone who suffered losses in the storms the other day.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:05 pm

I'd like to make one last salute to our fellow members who passed on during our time here.
They most surely have been missed.

WHT Memorials - Page 34 Bign-1 WHT Memorials - Page 34 MelvinWallace-1 WHT Memorials - Page 34 Makethecut

Left to right: Stephen Arnold, Melvin Wallace, Tony Carter

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHT Memorials
Page 34 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: