WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.

Go down 
+25
Mister
carol edwards
rooster
samara_farms
Ritz-A-Roo
scooter
Hill
rhinestone
Rambler
curbchain
Jean
Horsegurl1
MirallyMeadows
Old Graymare
Black Fantasy 1
senator69
The Man in Black
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
sensation61
Bubbadog
Everett
grits
twhboss
smitty
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27
AuthorMessage
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Rooster...Milky Way Farm is about 20 miles south of Columbia, and maybe 8 miles north of Pulaski...the main entrance is on Hwy 31. I can go 65 south or Hwy 31, but usually take 31. I enjoy the drive down 31, it's scenic. Richland High School, is a short distance north of Milky Way. This is the school that made national news in 1995, with the tragic shooting. A student shot and killed a teacher and student, and seriously injured another teacher. I think about it every time I drive by.
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:53 pm

OHM, We are thinking about going to Circle E near Winchester in the spring. Have you ever been there, if so how was it? Saw it on Horse back across America. It's much closer to home maybe we could get up a group ride, Mark Roberts the guy I bought Elvis from says it nice and he plans to meet us there for a day of riding, I not sure about the time yet but probably sometime around the end of May or first of June. Maybe you and some others can come. I'll bring a horse for Bubba Dog if we can get her to go. We could go to Milky Way again if people prefer, does not matter to me just as long as Elvis likes it!! I would love to get a group from WHT together and ride.

Rooster
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Rooster...I've been to Circle E several times and always enjoyed it. If not for a 2 hour drive, I'd go more often for day rides. Amie Lee does their fall organized ride every year, and I've gone up and camped with her a couple nights. Sounds like fun and I would love to join everyone...even if it's only a day!
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:13 pm

[img]Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 002-6[/img]

[img]Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 006-5[/img]

My 23 month old grandson Kaesen riding his horsie, Cuz.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:38 pm

He's already exhibiting good form in the saddle! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Yeah, Smitty. Won't be long and he'll be ready for the big oval! Big Smile Low Rider
Back to top Go down
Floyd

Floyd

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:29 am

" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen >
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:12 am

Photo of a TWH taken last week near Arlington, WA

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 Waphoto
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:18 am

The Hoss Trade

The following is an excerpt from a book called "Stinking Creek" by John Fetterman. Written in the early 60's, it is a non-fictional story of his visit to an eastern Kentucky holler. The following is an actual account of a horse trade he witnessed during that time.

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 HossTraders

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 HossTrade1

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 HossTrade2

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 HossTrade3
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:00 am

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 TnTrailRide1

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 TnTrailRide2
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:17 am

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 MiddleTnTrailRide1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.
Page 27 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: