WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHT Memorials

Go down 
+27
High Chaparral
cruiselvr
Tiger Bay
Hill
rhinestone
Jean
MirallyMeadows
Black Fantasy 1
curbchain
rwitherington1
BigEd
Rambler
Horsegurl1
scooter
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
grits
makethecut
sensation61
ONEHOTMARE
deltaboy
Everett
senator69
twhboss
Old Graymare
sadlbum
smitty
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Jean

Jean

WHT Memorials - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:58 am

I think J T had a fitting send off from the music to the hearse.He would have liked that.Another good one gone.
Back to top Go down
http://LEESMINIMART.synthasite.com
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:18 pm

They did play the "Flat Walk Boogie". Marianne kept that a secret and we had no idea she was having it played. His funeral was first class as is everything that Marianne does. The icing on the cake was when we got to the cemetery the donkeys in the picture met the hearse and were braying to the top of their voices. Don't you know that J.T. loved that too!!!
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Rhinestone, Thanks for sharing this picture from JT's service....It was so perfect an ending for one of the masters! I can hear the music in my mind and know that JT smiled!
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 3:24 pm

CB, take care of yourself. This weather and pneumonia are not friends. Let Bill take care of you and take it easy. Prayers for you and all our Trivia Family.
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:11 pm

CB, get well Gal.
Rinestone thanks for sharioing that info about JT.'s funeral. When you see Marianne give her all of our regards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Thanks everyone...I really am trying to take care of myself. I really haven't had much choice.
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:48 am

Rhinestone,
Was that A.C. Nunley driving the Percherons to the hearse? If yes, I worked with him & some brothers at Micro Craft.
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:57 am

No, it is Jim Cortner. I know A.C. and a couple of his brothers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:54 pm

I did talk with Becky today and she said Kaye squeezed her hand really hard.
They are going to try and wean her off the respirator .
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm hearing now that Dr. Bob Womack is also in the hospital, along with Rick.
Can anyone confirm this or have any updates?
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:21 pm

I do not have an update, but understood they were both in the hospital at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Rick made an appearance at the Academy Banquet on Friday night. I haven't heard from him since then.
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:26 pm

I saw him at the trainers BB game earlier tonight!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:42 pm

Mrs. Lillian Bunch Gaines, 81, of Blytheville, died Sunday, February 28, 2010, at her home. Born at Yarbro, the daughter of the late Spencer and Minnie Lee French Bunch, she was a lifelong area resident and a homemaker. She had been the owner and operator of the Poodle Shop for over 40 years, having learned her grooming skills from a professional handler. Mrs. Gaines had a great love of animals, large and small, and was very active with the Blytheville Humane Society. She was an accomplished rider and avid horsewoman and trainer, showed horses for many years and won numerous high point awards.

In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a grandson, Randy Marbry.

Mrs. Gaines leaves her husband, Luverl Gaines, of the home; and her daughter, Debbie Marbry of Shelbyville, TN.

Funeral services will be held Tuesday, March 2, 2010, at 11:00 a.m. in the Cobb Funeral Home Chapel in Blytheville with the Rev. Wesley Davis officiating. Burial will be private. The family will receive visitors from 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the Humane Society of Blytheville, P.O. Box 1855, Blytheville, AR 72316. Condolences can be emailed to cobbfuneralhome@sbcglobal.net.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:49 pm

I cannot imagine the pain Mr Gaines is feeling right now...my heart aches for him and the loss of Miss Lillian...Just so very sad. She was incredible animal advocate...and wonderful lady.
Back to top Go down
BigEd

BigEd

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Albert Davis, 72, dropped dead of a heart attack Tuesday Evening. Albert was in the Penn. area and was quite a good horseman/trainer. He trained for CW Kline for many years and always maintained his horses that he showed in the northeast circuit. Had Delights Ann for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:20 am

Big Ed,did Albert ever work for the Lees from Ny.I remember a Albert working there after Billy Boyd
Back to top Go down
BigEd

BigEd

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 am

I think he was at the Lee's for a short while or they moved their horses to where he was.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:11 am

I'm very sad to report the passing of Minnie Boyd, of Lexington, Ky. Minnie was the well-known and well-liked wife of the late trainer, Jumbo Boyd. Minnie was Jumbo's #1 supporter in his many years of showing horses and also served as Treasurer of the KWHA. Even while fighting her battle with cancer, she continued to enjoy her favorite basketball team, the Kentucky Wildcats. I personally remember Minnie for her great smile, sunny disposition and unique sense of humor. She will be greatly missed.

I don't have many details just yet, but there will be a visitation and celebration of life in Lexington on Saturday and the funeral will be held in Owingsville, Ky on Monday. It was Minnie's request that instead of flowers, donations should be made to Hospice or the charity of your choice. Everyone that knew Minnie loved her and knew what a truly great lady she was.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:09 pm

I remember Ms. Minnie from visiting at Jumbo's and from Ky. shows in yrs. past.My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.
Back to top Go down
makethecut

makethecut

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:18 pm

I just heard that Kaye Beacham Baggerly passed away yesterday in Atlanta. She was Criuselvrs daughter.
Back to top Go down
Black Fantasy 1

Black Fantasy 1

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:23 pm

My thoughts and prayer will be with them.
Back to top Go down
rwitherington1

rwitherington1

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Aw, what a shame to lose Minnie. She was definitely the Grand Dame of the shows in KY.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Yes, indeed she was.

I boarded at her barn for several years and never heard an unkind word from her.......(even when I was late with the rent). I recall riding out in the ring one day at her barn. I was having a difficult time getting the horse to take the correct lead and I was not a happy camper. I went to the whip and uttered some unrepeatable words. When I finished and looked up.........Miss Boyd was standing in her yard looking at me with a smile on her face. Of course, I was embarrassed for her to have witnessed my tirade and immediately apologized, telling her I was sorry she had to hear all that.

For the life of me, I've never been able to remember exactly what her reply was, but it was a classic one-liner, delivered in classic "Miss Boyd" fashion. I'm sure those who knew her understand where I'm coming from and can use their imagination.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:00 am

makethecut wrote:
I just heard that Kaye Beacham Baggerly passed away yesterday in Atlanta. She was Criuselvrs daughter.

Cruiselver,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm sorry for being late in posting this tragic news, but I was unaware of the situation.

Kaye Beacham Baggerly lost her fight with cancer on Thursday, March 18th. A Memorial has been planned onr Sunday March 28th at 2 P.M. at the Darlington School Chapel in Rome, Ga.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHT Memorials
Page 17 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: