WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories

Go down 
+24
barn2648
dutch
Steppin and Fetchin
Mister
Razor
Coco
sowega
Black Fantasy 1
thirdworkout
ONEHOTMARE
rhigbe
rooster
Old Graymare
Hill
scooter
twhboss
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
senator69
Jean
sensation61
MirallyMeadows
smitty
High Chaparral
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
smitty
Admin
smitty

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:39 am

Here's a shot of Ebony's Time Around sent in by our friend Jean:

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EbonysTimeAroundStudShot
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:45 am

AWWW there's my "therapist" - thanks Jean - where was this taken? He looks so SWEET in this picture. I wonder if Eddie Poore has seen this one? Smitty, you going to put it on the facebook page?
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:33 am

Seems like the first time I ever saw Larry Webb he was riding Time Around?
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 am

NO you saw him long before that - he won the two and three year old stallion classes in 1978 with Ebony's Threat and Handshaker's Design. He worked for Vic and also for CC Johnson in Augusta and for the Bishops in Augusta. Your memory just needs a jolt.
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Dont know where that picture of Time was taken. I think Larry gave it to me in 1988 when we had a mare over there.
Back to top Go down
http://LEESMINIMART.synthasite.com
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Rock-A-Bye Lady & Anne Daugette
1968 Celebration Ladies Mare Champion And Ladies Stake Champions in color.

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 Ccf01110

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 Ccf01111
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:00 am

Thanks Razor! Excellent photos! thumbs up
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:03 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 BlueRibbonAward-1

Here's some really neat ones also sent in by Jean. You won't see these anywhere else either:

Jean said...

"Going thru old pictures and found the ones of Suns Delight & Midnight Sun I took in Oct 1964 when we visited Harlinsdale."

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 Midnightsun
Midnight Sun

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 Sunsdelight
Sun's Delight
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:30 am

Fine shot of Delight. Hard to find any fault with his conformation. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:11 am

Seems I remember the fellow handling Midnight Sun
Was named Red. His only duty was looking after ole Sun.
Back to top Go down
curbchain

curbchain

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:53 am

Bubbadawg,
I heard somewhere years ago that Time Around had came from North Carolina and was somewhat of a working farm horse. Do you (or anyone else) know anything about this? What can you tell us about Time Around's early years?

Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:33 am

B D can tell you more than I can but he was born and raised in S C, not N C. Randy Lollis had him before Larry Webb got him.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:04 pm

I had not heard that he was broke to plow, and knowing him like I did - I would have hated being the one behind him with the plow. Would have been AIRBORN! He was just a tad on the HOT side. If he did plow, I bet it didn't take long to work a field.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: celebration memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:23 pm

You said a mouthful BD,Ol Time could be a handful from what I remember.He also had one of the shortest back I ever saw on a horse,could barely fit a saddle on him.IMO he is definetly one of the horses who should have won the WGC and never did.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks Jr - I'm going to accept that compliment since I loved him like he was my own and Eddie Poore always told me that I could claim him! He was a short backed sucker and one of the gamest horses that I ever sat on.
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 pm

Glad to hear some of you felt the same way about Time I did. Loved that hoss.
Back to top Go down
http://LEESMINIMART.synthasite.com
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Amen Jean - he was truly one of a kind. He was as set in his ways as a little old man - if he didn't like it - he wouldn't do it - his stall was his stall - he just wouldn't go into another one. Hard to tell which head was the hardest - Time's (Grandpa) or Larry's.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: celebration memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 pm

BD,you can quit that "little ol man" talk !LOL! Also that is what made Time and Larry such a GREAT team.I thought the world of Larry,drank many a drink sittin out behind that barn in the evenings!
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:39 pm

JR - you know that the barn has been torn down, don't you? Everytime I ride by there I get sad. Lots of memories from that place - lots of tales told by those back doors.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:52 pm

My favorite picture of Burt and Moonglow Jr.after
winning the 1968 Celebration Amateur Championship
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 Moongl17
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: celebration memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:05 pm

What a GREAT pic!I loved that horse.People always associate me with the Senator because of winning the Cele. and being with Marvin and I did love the Senator but the Daugette gals horses were the ones that thrilled me the most.I know in my heart that Rock-a Bye-Lady was the GREATEST mare I've ever seen and Jr. was the horse that thrilled me the most with his power.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:53 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 RememberBackWhenCelGrounds1

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 RememberBackWhenCelGrounds2
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:27 am

Great Article! Where was the old show ground? The PTA show was at Shelbyville High School I think.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: celebration memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:35 am

BD,no I didn't know that they tore the barn down.Rick and Cindy Sullivan's house is just down the road from Larry's barn and I used to pass by the barn all the time and when I did I'd always smile and think about all the GREAT times we had there.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 Ccf11124
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories
Page 14 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next