WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!

Go down 
+29
tc1987
barn2648
High Chaparral
Rambler
mhickman
ginger nalli
mlawrence
Santana1
bledsoesl@aol.com
Ken1980
rhinestone
Hill
rwitherington1
Jean
MirallyMeadows
grits
curbchain
deltaboy
BigEd
twhboss
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
Everett
The Man in Black
Old Graymare
senator69
sensation61
Bubbadog
smitty
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
sadlbum

sadlbum

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:08 am

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 BlueRibbonAward

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 Br3
The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 Br4-1

Last edited by sadlbum on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:12 am

Go to the upper right hand corner of the magazine, count the fourth horse to the left. See the girl
with the hair blown back riding the bald faced horse. Now, go to the previous page on this thread and
see if you can't find that girl.
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:27 am

Yep...I found her.
Back to top Go down
Everett

Everett

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Sen61
I found her too

Deedy i will call you this week end, this BUG I have is kicking my you know what, trying to save my Voice, haven't been out in TWO Days No
Back to top Go down
http://www.ytbtravel.com/gmajorstravel
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:07 pm

OK...E, get to feeling better, illness is hard on us old folks :)
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:39 pm

If yall will go back to the previous page & go down near the bottom. Find the pictures with the heading "Wartrace Riders". The first picture with the horse flipped over, is at a horse show. See the ladies with their horses parked out & the judges going to the rescue. The next picture shows the same girls on the trail. One girl is the one in the upper RH corner of the 39 BR. Another picture shows the farm type barn with the hay loft that still sits at the bottom of the hill from John Crawfords old place. These pictures facinate me.
Back to top Go down
Everett

Everett

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:59 pm

Sadlbum
On the previous page that picture of Mr. H. Davis's old barn , it was in Wartrace, I broke a many of colt's in that old barn when i was a kid, stalls were in the middle and you rode around them, they should have Restored that Barn, lots of History there
Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:45 pm

E, take care of yourself and hope you feel better SOON!! drunken
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:14 pm

Everett, didn't you once break colts for Col. J.L. Haynes???
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Everett

Everett

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:25 pm

Yeah, he was my uncle, i remember him well, thats where i learnt to ride with a pipe in my mouth, he smoked a pipe ya know Wink
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:37 pm

I have a video of a fellow riding Hayne's Peacock that looks a lot like you.....

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 Majors-Peacock-Exhibition
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:50 am

I know I'm skipping around a bit, but here's some photos of President Lyndon B. Johnson visiting middle Tennessee. I'm thinking these may have been shot at Ellington Ag. Center??? Not sure...

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 LBJatEllingtonAgCenter1-1

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 LBJatEllingtonAgCenter2-1

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 LBJatEllingtonAgCenter3-1

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 LBJatEllingtonAgCenter4-1
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:19 am

My feller amurikuns, I come to you with a heavy hardt! (LBJ) (nice chevelle or GTO in background)
Theres 2 squares in the above action clip, if you know what I mean!
Everett, I got 2 see & go in that old H Davis barn. It had an indoor ring, like you said. I remember some paintings on the office walls, like on the front. That trailride left Wartrace & went twords Bellbuckle. Notice the street that goes toward the horseshow grounds is graveled. These pictures had to have been made before the 39 Cel. If the good looking Gal was about 19, then she would be at least 89 now. I would love to talk to one of those young people now & ask about a zillion questions. The lower rh picture on the 39 mag is also on the previous thread page.
Back to top Go down
Everett

Everett

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Smitty
I don't remember making that video, But it looks like i was looking to see if the Judge was looking ,that was a Looooong time ago Laughing affraid cheers
Back to top Go down
curbchain

curbchain

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Any idea who the horses in the pics with LBJ are. Could the horse in the first two pics be Sun's Delight or possibly Setting Sun. What about the black horse? You guys got any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Everett

Everett

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:05 pm

Sadlbum
The Office was on the left as you walked in the Doors, i remember some paintings on the wall, can't recall what it was, My Dad ran a Dairy Farm in Bell Buckle for The Meeks Bros. I think it was mid to late 50's Mr. Sam Meek rented that ole barn and I broke colts over there in the Winter. I think it Fell down a few years back, I wish they would have restored it
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Everett,
When I went in it Gene Howland had it rented & was trading out of it. It would have been an ideal place for a museum. Henry Davis' wife hasn't been dead very long. Maybe 10 years.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:46 pm

curbchain wrote:
Any idea who the horses in the pics with LBJ are. Could the horse in the first two pics be Sun's Delight or possibly Setting Sun. What about the black horse? You guys got any ideas?

Curb, I'm not really sure. Very little info was given on those. Johnson served from 1963-1969, so it could be Sun's Delight. I think it favors him, but............???
Back to top Go down
Everett

Everett

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:55 pm

Those First Two pictures looks like Sun's Delight, purty sure, but no idea what the Black horse is, Deltaboy might know

Sadlbum
I wish they had rebuilt that stable back to the way it looked back then, that would be a Great Tourist Attration for Wartrace, along with the Hotel and the Burial of our First WGC Strollin Jim cheers
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:17 pm

I believe that LBJ came back to Buford Ellingtons funeral. I saw a news clip at the time & He was at Henry Horton state park for some reason. Can yall pick out the secret service men. AL Jr came to my workplace one time & brought a passell of News & SS men with him. I was interviewed on what I thought about big Al. I gavem an ear full. Nowadays people would be protesting that animal skin coat that gal had on. One of them equines sorta favors Setting Sun. Does the old feller handling the studs look familiar to anyone? He wasn't Hall McNabb from Mboro was he?
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm sure the handler was Bob Burris Sr., and these were some of Gov. Ellington's hosses.

E...Don't think that's Sun's Delight. In the photo I'm lookin' at, he had a near hind sock and off hind coronet.
Back to top Go down
Everett

Everett

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm

Sadlbum
You might be right , The Horse with the Long Shanked Bit might be Setting Sun, looks like the Bit Mr. Sam used on him, The first person came to mind holding those Horses was Mr. Zollie Derryberry, just guessing
Back to top Go down
Everett

Everett

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:29 pm

I'm jest guessing OHM
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:29 pm

No mention's been made of it, but I'm pretty sure that's LADYBIRD next to LBJ.........
Back to top Go down
Everett

Everett

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:43 pm

Smitty-Good Guess cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!
Page 8 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next