WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse

Go down 
+20
Newt Masterpiece
High Chaparral
curbchain
rhigbe
Floyd
twhboss
grits
dutch
Bubbadog
samara_farms
Steppin and Fetchin
Hill
senator69
rhinestone
The Man in Black
MirallyMeadows
ONEHOTMARE
Old Graymare
sowega
smitty
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:17 am

Generator sired 2,302.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:50 pm

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 PridesSecretThreatTribute
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:02 pm

I was reading on another site where TWHBEA registered 3,105 horses in 2010, that was the least number of horses registered since 1959.
The all time high was 15,431 in 2002.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 9:12 am

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 TWHFounders-1

HISTORIC PHOTO--Much of the early history of the Tennessee Walking Horse was made and written by the group of men shown above. They are, left to right, W.J. McGilll, John E. Gant, Doyle Hawkings, Albert Hines, Franklin boyd (rear), Bill Cannon (front), Clarence Haynes, A.M. Dement, John Campbell, Dr. C.T. Carney, Claire Adams and Rell Tillett.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:58 am

*Sent in by mhickman

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 WartraceHorseShowNewspaperClipping1
History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 WartraceHorseShowNewspaperClipping2
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Ponies   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Does anyone remember the year that the measurement of the walking ponies was extended to sixty inches to accomadate the couldn't cut it under 2 hosses and left the real ponies without a class?
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 2:51 pm

Don't remember the year and most don't measure the current standards...I remember when they all had to go under the stick at many shows. Still should...they inspect everything else.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:52 pm

I don't remember the year either - just didn't care for that decision. A PONY is 14.2! I DO remember being able to hold their heads down till the withers dropped so those just a TAD over would measure. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:00 am

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 1940BRGovernorsCelInvitation
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 am

Governor Cooper bears a remarkable resemblance to Dean Martin Big Smile
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:27 pm

He sure do. Only thing missing, cigarette and highball. I recently watched "Bandolero" for the upteenth time. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:25 am

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 GoBoysShadow-1
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:19 am

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 SunsJetParade
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:26 am

What year did Vic stop showing? I remember seeing him at the Celebration and his riders, but really don't recall seeing him in the ring much.... Question
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:44 am

The last time I remember him showing at the Celebration was 69. He showed a hoss named Moon Man in the aged gelding class.
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Walking Horse Family Reunion   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Their is a show that comes on every Friday night on RFD-TV called "Country Family Reunion". I watch this show every week and think about this same type venue for the Walking Horse Business. We are loosing part of our history every week and it is a sad thing. This site has been a real "Blessing" for me getting to chat with people who have been there and done that! A example was Sensation61 talking about Mr. Sensation and what happened to him and what was done with his shoes. When I was young I was shy and did not talk to a lot of Trainers, Owners and Horse people and I regret it today. The Walking Horse Business has always been a big part of my life and I truely enjoy talking with you folks. Much of the history with the TWH happened away from the Celebration, and those are the stories we may loose forever.Time for me to stop Rambling. Thank you all.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:43 am

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 TomHalGrave

Grave of Tom Hal F-20 at Milky Way Farm in Pulaski, Tennessee
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:42 pm

Did you make this pic? Awesome shot!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:00 pm

um..........no. A pro did that one I think. History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 39096
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:12 am

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 SettingSun
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:27 am

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 MackKsHandshaker
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:15 am

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 WhiteStarcopy
Back to top Go down
Newt Masterpiece

Newt Masterpiece

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 am

Man, I love looking at all the old historic pictures...I really wish someone would put all these in to a book or books.. Really breaks my heart that we are losing so much of our heritage.
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:58 am

The new Tennessee Walking Horse Coffee table book has a lot of older things in it. Worth the $50.00 books for those of us that like the older pixs...the some of the larger pixs are very nice but not along the Historial line. It was printed in China. Sure sounds like something I'd like to tackle but the printing costs are very high...Then you've got to have a huge market to sell them to break even or maybe make a dime or two...the research alone would take HOURS....any ideas Guys?????
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:08 pm

I would love to have a book with lots of the old stuff in it, but I am not sure that a lot of the current walking horse crowd cares much about the history of our breed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse   History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

History Of The Tennessee Walking Horse
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next