WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trivia Archive 5

Go down 
+26
Horsegurl1
Hill
sowega
mona dean
rhinestone
MirallyMeadows
Black Fantasy 1
scooter
rwitherington1
BigEd
curbchain
Jean
grits
sensation61
twhboss
makethecut
Rambler
The Man in Black
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
deltaboy
Old Graymare
Bubbadog
Everett
senator69
smitty
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Contacted Sarah via Mandy Dawn, she cannot recall name, but described the Moersch's (sp) Rolling Hills Farm, Jacksonville, AL as the location of Motown Magic. Will try and come up with a confirmation. Sarah Moersch may be on Facebook.

Have sent message to Paige H. Edwards to see if she knows about any at the Hawkersmith's.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: history   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:46 pm

OGM,I think Senator is buried at the Gambles as that is where he died.Sherry Gamble owned him at his time of death I'm almost positive.
Back to top Go down
sowega

sowega

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:58 pm

MM, The Edwards Brothers would probably know where Old Glory's Big Man is also.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Russell Pate owned Carbon Copy when he died so I imagine he is buried Pate's place in West Tn.

I'm pretty sure Mark Of Carbon died at Mr. Regans farm in Mo.

I believe Delight Of Pride was in Ky. when he died.

Seems like a WGC or two may have died at Joe Van Clayton's place in Alabama. I know he sttod several at stud there.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:29 pm

I don't recall one buried at Joe Vann's, but emailed Priscilla to see if she could confirm.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:20 am

I have had quite an interesting night. I stopped by Allan Callaway's barn. Yes, Rebel is indeed buried there. He told me he had also heard the stories about RPM being there but nobody ever asked him about burying him, so he is NOT there. He said Rood and Riddle did an autopsy b/c of the insurance controversy and he is not sure that he is buried anywhere. He also confirmed that Jet Parade is buried at Vic's and he believes Senator is too. I stopped there in the pitch black darkness and walked to a stone in the center of the ring, but it was for Final Keeper. I was a bit leery of doing too much exploring alone in the darkness. I will go again in the daylight sometime unless some of you are closer than I am. I did also see Secret Threat's stone at Sand Creek. I messaged with Sarah Dunn. She wrote that Motown is buried somewhere in Alabama. She is trying to remember the name of the lady. I also came up with a contact that might be able to give us lots of information. I made the phone call tonight, but there was no answer. I will keep trying. I am finding all of this very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:22 am

Oh, and I forgot...........Flashy Pride is buried at Sis Wolaver Osborne's GOT ROX barn in Cornersville, TN as confirmed by Sis herself.
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:50 am

Shaker's Shocker, is not buried at the old Sain barn beside Webb. He was buried at Betty's barn on Hwy 82. A greenish-yellowish, metal barn...across from Happy Valley Rd. Shocker's nice tombstone was later destroyed. Long story, as I'm sure many of you locals recall.

1968 Royal Heir...buried about 50 yds from where my carcass is currently parked. No marker there.

1980 Mountain Man...I think AL (Spivey's)

1985 Final Edition...The former Oakwood Farm...now owned by Larry Ross...corner Lewisburg Hwy and Harrison Rd.

1986...Jubilee Star...Glen Oaks Farm, the Boro.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:03 am

Thanks OHM. I knew you knew some of these and would be here soon. Here's a video of the former Oakwood Acres near Fayetteville; this is what that historic farm looks like today:

Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:46 am

Ritzaroo,

If you are still in contact with Johnny Brown, ask him if Talk of the Town is buried at Steve Hill's old stable.
I am guessing he probably is, since Steve had him there till he was very old. I remember Steve carrying the flag on him at one of the Celebrations. I can't imagine him being buried anywhere else, but I could be wrong.

Graymare, thanks for the info on Flashy Pride. Will update...
You are a natural researcher, but PLEASE don't do any investigating in the dark by yourself!
We don't want you to get shot, mugged or abducted by aliens.........this ain't The X Files!!!!

alien
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:18 am

The RiverBend facility is very nice and an enormous property. There's another barn that houses boarders and Dr Mike Harry is using it for boarding broodmares (mine just came home in foal to JFK). They have camper hook-ups and trail riding along the river. Acquaintances through the late Jack Morgan have bought a cottage in this community where they ride multiple times/week. When I took the last mare up to Dr Harry I saw her riding by the barn in a group of ~8 riders. Beautfiul...though not sure where it is on the property in relation to this barn.

Graymare, you are an ace detective. I tried to find Sarah Moresch on fb without luck. Emailed a former trainer at the facility and have not heard anything yet about Motown, maybe your source will be the one.

Will check on Mountain Man, I think the Blaylock's owned him at his death. Joe Spivey's is probably correct.
Back to top Go down
sowega

sowega

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 am

Sorry OHM, When I posted about Shocker being buried by the Sain barn, I wasn't aware that there was more than one barn. I apologize for my mis-information.
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 am

Sowega...Thank you, but no apology is needed. Should have made myself clearer, as this barn is a couple miles past the one that Webb School recently purchased. I will not go into details, but there was alot of controversy over the farm and Shocker's grave.

Jet Parade is buried close to the front door, of Vic's former training barn. As OGM stated, that's Final Keeper buried in the ring...and he does have a nice headstone. Senator was laid to rest at Gamble's farm.

Smitty...Final is buried at the Shelbyville Oakwood, not Fayetteville. Thanks for the clip, enjoyed it. Stephen and Kelly Daniel's wedding was held at Riverbend.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 2:58 pm

I have been in contact with Larry Lowman. Allen Callaway told me that Larry probably knew or knew how to locate most of the Champions. He is going to think and do some research and get back with me. He thought this was a neat idea. I invited him to join us and hope that he will. He ought to have some interesting information on a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
curbchain

curbchain

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm glad to know that Final Keeper was put to rest nicely. I worked for Chad the year he won the 15.2 stake and he was a really nice horse. Tough as nails, for sure.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:04 pm

OHM, I could use some more specific info on Royal Heir (name of farm in Franklin) and Senator (name of Gamble farm and location). Sorry, I'm a little stupid.

Have been doing a little snooping myself and have word that Talk Of The Town was buried at Sand Creek, but later moved to MTSU.........??? Very good source, but I'd like to have a little more confirmation on this one.

Some good info coming in! Keep up the good work. thumbs up

-------

https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=208
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trivia Archive 5
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40