WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trivia Archive 5

Go down 
+26
Horsegurl1
Hill
sowega
mona dean
rhinestone
MirallyMeadows
Black Fantasy 1
scooter
rwitherington1
BigEd
curbchain
Jean
grits
sensation61
twhboss
makethecut
Rambler
The Man in Black
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
deltaboy
Old Graymare
Bubbadog
Everett
senator69
smitty
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
dutch

dutch

Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:17 pm

I'd say that Merry Go Boy and Ebony Masterpiece is buried at the Beech's.
Back to top Go down
Ritz-A-Roo

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:39 pm

I am in and around Newport quite a bit. i will go by the old Bullard farm and see if there is a headstone and take a pic and post on here in a day or so.
Back to top Go down
sowega

sowega

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Right you are Dutch, According to pictures on the Walkers West web site, both Ebony and MGB are buried at the Beech Stables and I think another top sire is buried there as well, but I'm not sure if it was a WGC.

Last edited by sowega on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
samara_farms

samara_farms

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Would Shadow be buried at Beech's too.... possibly Another Masterpiece, wasn't he standing there when he died. Secret Threat is buried at Sand Creek and Hard Cash is buried at Waterfall
Back to top Go down
sowega

sowega

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:08 pm

That's the one Samara. Another Masterpiece is also buried at Beech's. Three great WGC at one site .
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 9:16 pm

Seems I remember someone saying on here once that The Pusher was buried at Joe Martin Stables.
Can anyone confirm that?
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Have messaged Cena Martin to verify The Pusher's burial at JMS. It would make sense that he's there since he was standing @ stud with them.
Back to top Go down
sowega

sowega

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 pm

1966 WGC Shaker's Shocker was buried beside the barn where he was stabled on the Sain property in Bell Buckle. A monument was erected in his honor. The home place and land was recently ( Spring, 2010) purchased by the Webb School and a historic marker placed commemorating Betty Sain and Shocker. Nothing was mentioned about whether the gravesite was still marked.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Smitty, can we post beside or under the ones we are sure of so that we can proceed to research the others? I am sure that Rebel is buried at Allan Callaway's and Sun's Jet Parade and perhaps Senator at Vic's old barn. That is also correct about Shaker's Shocker.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 pm

I'll update them right now Graymare. I'll continue updating them as we gather info. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks, Smitty. I just messaged Dee Dee about Masquerading.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:54 am

Sarah Dunn might know about Motown Magic. She's on Facebook if anyone wants to message her. I'm trying to remember something said on here about Ebony's True Grit............seems like Bonny Cady/The Horse Hub were mentioned. Did he stand at stud there? Someone may want to message her on FB as well.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:13 am

Cena MartinNovember 17, 2010 at 12:50am
Re: The Pusher
Hi Molly, Yes..our Beloved Pusher rests here with us...sure miss him...also, Black Night Shade is buried here also and Jazz Man...we loved the time we had with all of them...
Night, Cena
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: history   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:03 pm

There is several buried at Ronnie Spears old barn on the Hawkersmith property.I'll ask Cindy ,I'm sure she knows.Could be one of the WGC he rode.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Famous Horse Grave Sites

Famous Throughbred grave sites:

http://www.tbheritage.com/TurfHallmarks/Graves/GraveMattersIndex.html

Here's another list of famous Non-Thoroughbred grave sites:

http://www.tbheritage.com/TurfHallmarks/Graves/GraveMattersNonTB.html

Like a Star @ heaven From these lists, I notice foundation TWH Tom Hal is buried at Milky Way Farm in Pulaski, TN. I also notice the great Saddlebred Yorktown is buried at Oak Hill Farm in Harrodsburg, Ky. My My is buried at Frank Bradshaw's old stable in Georgetown, Ky. There are lots and lots of graves at the Ky Horse Park (Man O War, Imperator, Skywatch) as well as many farms surrounding Lexington, especially at Castleton & Walnut Hall. I'm also quite amazed at the number of well-known horses buried here in Woodford County, where I live. An old famous foundation Saddlebred called Black Squirrel is buried here. Quite a few Thoroughbreds are buried at Lane's End and Three Chimneys as well.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:58 pm

From Dee Dee Sale
"Masquerading as you probably know was cremated. His ashes are interred in a monument my dad built for him in the large flower garden in front of the homeplace in Richmond, KY. "
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:06 am

Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 DIR20
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 am

Thanks Graymare!

I'm thinking perhaps a couple of those champs MIGHT be buried in Morehead, Ky. Maybe B. Major's Wilson and I know Triple Threat was pretty old when he stood at Morehead State University Stables. Maybe someone out there might know.

Also, was Sun's Delight buried at Harlinsdale??? Seems I remember a headstone somewhere....
Can anyone confirm the ones that are buried at Vic Thompson's old barn?
Wonder if any were buried at Frank Rambo's old place?
Could Old Glory's Big Man be buried in Quincy, Florida???
Could a couple of these be buried in Arkansas???
Was Gen's A&D buried in California???
I contacted Lee Lenox on Carbon Copy's burial place. Haven't heard back yet...
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:32 am

Gen's A & D is still above ground.
Back to top Go down
curbchain

curbchain

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:49 am

I was just setting here reading about all of these great horses who are no longer alive and got to wondering if maybe we shouldn't use some of this cloning and DNA technology to dig a few of these things up and see if the breed could benefit from having a refresher course of those genetics.
Then again, there maybe a few that might ought to be treated like sleeping dogs and leave 'em layin'.
rasta (I think this is the funniest smoking nanner I've seen)
Back to top Go down
grits

grits

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:46 am

I am wondering what the cause of death was. I am in shock to see some of the most recent ones that have past. I had no idea... Sad
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:44 pm

I went with the Stewart's out to see the Piddley colt they won, I have a pic of it somewhere. Didn't make a show horse that I can recall.
Back to top Go down
Hill

Hill

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:17 pm

I always thought Piddley was a beautiful horse but I can't remember any top quality horses that he produced?? I am sure he must have or he wouldn't have been promoted so strongly. I had a picture of him hanging on my wall when I was a little girl...I though he was one of the prettiest TWH I had ever seen!

I noticed above that they mentioned my first TWH Duke of Delina's death and stated he was one of the "South's most loved"...I didn't realize he was all that well known. Margaret Hubbard had owned him prior to us and had shown him successfully as did I; but I thought that both of us mainly showed him in NC one-nighters. He was a nice little gelding with a lot of walk and a great personality. Now you talk about a little girl with a broken heart; the day he died my parents got me out of school (because they were afraid I would hear about it..the school was close to Jack's barn) and my Daddy had to carry me to the car I was crying so hard. Sad
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Mark Taylor agreed with me about Jet Parade and Senator. I am heading over that way later today and will try to see if I can nail it down.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Mason ought to know about some of these too. I have contacted Sis and will try to also see if I can reach Sarah Dunn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 5   Trivia Archive 5 - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trivia Archive 5
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next