WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!

Go down 
+29
tc1987
barn2648
High Chaparral
Rambler
mhickman
ginger nalli
mlawrence
Santana1
bledsoesl@aol.com
Ken1980
rhinestone
Hill
rwitherington1
Jean
MirallyMeadows
grits
curbchain
deltaboy
BigEd
twhboss
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
Everett
The Man in Black
Old Graymare
senator69
sensation61
Bubbadog
smitty
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26
AuthorMessage
sensation61

sensation61

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Enjoyed that Smitty. Saw the picture of our WGC 3-Gaited horse Delightful Society with my Uncle in the irons on the 3-gaited page. A large 20x24 picture of her used to hang in the museum,, wonder if it's still there?
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Let's load up and go Decker!
Back to top Go down
Horsegurl1

Horsegurl1

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:07 pm

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 BlueRibbonAward-1
The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 P_011912

This is my 3 yr old filly Pusher's Armed Alice and her best friend Lucky the dog. They love playing together.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:54 pm

I have a rather amusing story to tell about my trip to the ASB Museum......

I don't know if you noticed or not, but there are some Amish folk in the background of some of my photos.

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 S6300352

Now, I've nothing against the Amish, but there is a display in the museum (shown above) where the visitor can actually SIT on a fake Saddelbred which moves (I think?). The rider and horse have a camera pointed at them during this process. There is a TV monitor adjacent to the horse and the rider and audience can look at the screen and see their ENTIRE bodies superimposed on a actual video of a Saddlebred horse showing at a horse show in front of a crowd. It APPEARS the rider is actually showing the horse!

Now this is pretty neat stuff and quite funny for anyone, BUT it turns to HILARIOUS when you see an Amish rider with the hat, beard and suspenders showing a Saddlebred. They were all laughing and quite amused as well and I could not help getting quite tickled..............so tickled I had to go behind a display so they wouldn't see me laughing.

It got even more hilarious when ole "Jebediah" fetched his wife in her long dress and bonnet and had her climb on the horse.........

laugh

Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:44 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:31 am

One more comment about the TWH Museum in Wartrace. These are just my opinions and whether they are economically feasible is anyone's guess, but here's a few things I would like to see at the Museum when it opens:

• More focus on the OLD history of the breed. Less focus on the present.

• More focus on presenting the breed to the general public, not just the TWH crowd.

• More focus on the BREED.........less on the Celebration. The versatility and pleasure horse aspects need to be represented fully to the general public.

• How bout some ART??? Notice the ASB Museum has numerous painting and statues of all sizes. Where can these be found? How about starting with a Billie Nipper exhibit? Just a thought.......

• Most good museums I've visited have INTERACTIVE presentations that are very popular, especially with the kids and folks who don't know one end of a horse from another. I know these can run into some money, but they don't necessarily have to. Both the ASB Museum and the Ky. Derby Museum have interactive presentations where the visitor can actually RIDE a virtual horse. Very cool.

• What every horse museum needs is a life-size replica of the horse they are representing. Real horse hair would help too. Even if it's just a plastic replica, that would be ok if done well.

• Video, video, video..........and I don't mean just Celebration vids...........let's get creative here. Some museums even have little mini-movie theaters.

Just some ideas. I know I'm thinking big here, but why not?
I'd like to hear more before I file this topic away in the Archives.

ponder

Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:48 am

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 BlackBoyDogAd
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:03 am

From The Blue Ribbon, 1957

Like a Star @ heaven I thought it was interesting that this story appeared in one of the Blue Ribbon publications

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 Retrievers1

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 Retrievers2

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 Retrievers3
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:22 am

Here's an amusing canine/TWH story that appeared in the Rome, Georgia newspaper over 50 years ago

From The Rome News-Tribune
Sunday, Nov.5, 1961

Dalmation wins hearts of owners

CENTRE, Ala. - A smart dog is Domino, a Dalmatian belonging to Hugh and Iris Reed of Centre. An unwanted, tiny puppy, he now has a home for life. The puppy left by Mrs. Jack McCord, of Scottsboro, with her sister Mrs. Reed, for a friend to pick up, was put out in a dog house that first night. But not a whimper did the puppy make.

The puppy learned to watch for Mr. Reed, and attorney of Centre., to come home for lunch, then scampering around joyfully around his feet the dog was rewarded by being let in the house to stay while Mr. Reed was home for lunch. Then out he went. But the puppy was smart, he was waiting for Mr. Reed that afternoon.

The puppy soon beguiled his way into the Reeds’ affections. And Mrs. Reed began teaching him tricks. The dog loves candy, cake and cream and begs for them. He became so sharp at recognizing the spoken word candy or cake, Mr. and Mrs. Reed began spelling these words when they didn’t want him to have any.

Domino doesn’t like doors left open, so when Mrs. Reed goes into the kitchen, she closes the door. He loves to play with the ponies in the Reeds’ pasture down below the house. The ponies understand and romp and play with him.

The Reeds owned several fine registered Tennessee walking horses which have won a number of prizes. When they attend horse shows, Domino goes along, too. Mrs. Reed bought a foam rubber mattress for him and covered it with denim. This goes with them for Domino to sleep on in motels.

They were attending a horse show when the National Anthem, “The Star Spangled Banner,” was played. Everyone stood at attention. Mrs. Reed looked around and the dog was standing up. Now Domino always stands for the National Anthem.

The dog is seemingly proud of the Reeds’ possessions. In the Reeds’ front yard is an old Southern locomotive bell. This was dismantled in Nashville, Tenn., and shipped to Atlanta by the Southern Railway Company, then trucked to Centre to the Reed home where it was mounted on two wrought iron posts with a light. It was tagged “A gift from the Southern Railway.”

Domino says his prayers, praying for candy and cake.

From an unwanted puppy, Domino has become the beloved pet of Hugh and Iris Reed.

Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Here's some photos that haven't been posted on the board before. They have been posted other places, such as Facebook.
I felt they needed to be archived.

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 SkippersSonofMidnightBASkipper
Skipper's Son Of Midnight & B.A. Skipper

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 SensationalShadowWallaceBrandon2
Sensational Shadow & Wallace Brandon

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 HillsMerryGoBoyBobCherry
Hill's Merry Go Boy & Bob Cherry

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 HandshakersCarbonSarahDunn
Handshaker's Carbon & Sarah Dunn

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 HillsPerfectionRossPerotJr2
Hill's Perfection & Ross Perot

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 MrFTTVGGocheneaurPinOak2
Mr. F.T.T. & V.G. Gochneaur

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 MidnightMerrySteveHill3
Midnight Merry & Steve Hill
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:11 am

1972 article on "Animal Breeding" by Dr. Buris R. Boshell.

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 AnimalBreedingbyBoshell1a

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 AnimalBreedingbyBoshell2
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:45 pm

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 ShadowsSterlingMargaretHubbard
Shadow's Sterling & Margaret Hubbard

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 CominYonderBobCherry
Comin' Yonder & Bob Cherry

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 GoBoysRoyalHeirCandaceWilliams3
Go Boy's Royal Heir & Candace Williams
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:46 pm

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 SunsHeroAd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!   The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia! - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BEST of Walking Horse Trivia!
Page 26 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26