WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trivia Archive 6

Go down 
+38
sowega
Floyd
Newt Masterpiece
barn2648
poppyshed
thirdworkout
rhinestone
rwitherington1
mhickman
dutch
Rambler
Magic Marker
mona dean
High Chaparral
Sugarfoot
Pushingrage
sensation61
The Stats Man
MirallyMeadows
dbarnett
Hill
jryan
maskr8ng
twhboss
tc1987
samara_farms
BigEd
ONEHOTMARE
The Man in Black
Santana1
Black Fantasy 1
bledsoesl@aol.com
senator69
Old Graymare
Bubbadog
curbchain
smitty
Jean
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
senator69

senator69

Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: trivia   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:06 am

Right you are Chap...
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:59 am

thirdworkout wrote:
Are you asking what WHT members have beat Sherri ?

Yes, I am.............I suspect you might be one of them......(?)
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Magic Marker

Magic Marker

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:27 am

1979 Another Shaker
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:20 pm

Gunsmoke's Son is dear to my heart. My dad raised him and he is the first colt that I remember us having. There is a picture on here somewhere of his mother.
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Rhinestone   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:30 pm

I have heard my Daddy talk about seeing Gunsmokes Son show alot. He always liked him. He said he was a long legged hoss and could use them.
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:42 pm

I was 7 yrs old when he won the Jr. World Championship. I can't remember all the details, but he threw a shoe and was out of time outs and went to the lineup with a shoe off and still won. My mother had an article from the Tennessean about his win. After she passed away, we never found the article.
Back to top Go down
mhickman

mhickman

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:08 pm

rhinestone wrote:
Gunsmoke's Son is dear to my heart. My dad raised him and he is the first colt that I remember us having. There is a picture on here somewhere of his mother.
Thats so neat. Wonder how Mr. Brock got him? Like to know more about him... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:22 pm

My dad opened his big mouth and priced him for an ungodly amount of money, or at least he thought so. They bought him. That is the only time I ever remember Daddy crying about selling a horse.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:49 pm

smitty wrote:
thirdworkout wrote:

I think mhickman bested Sherri in an Equitation class once.

I would guess Thirdworkout has bested Sherri in the juvenile & pony divisions on occasion.

I finally bested Sherri after about three years of competing with her in the juvenile division. I think maybe I beat her several times that summer, but she had probably beaten me probably 30 times.........lol!

You had to get up very early to beat Sherri and a little luck always helped.
She not only had great horses and a great trainer, she knew how to show a horse and looked good in the saddle.
I still remember her chewing gum while she showed and making mincemeat out of the rest of us! She was a cool customer! But the Deitz's were great folks and always congratulatory when someone else won. They wanted to see you win too.

Last edited by smitty on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:03 pm

mhickman,

Do you remember the name of the gray roan mare Sherri rode in Equitation classes?
Back to top Go down
thirdworkout

thirdworkout

PostSubject: thirdworkout   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Parade's Magic Star
Back to top Go down
mhickman

mhickman

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:08 pm

smitty wrote:
smitty wrote:
thirdworkout wrote:

I think mhickman bested Sherri in an Equitation class once.
I don't think she ever beat me in equitation and tied over her in juvenile when she was showing Thunder Bay at Cele. My Dad didn't think Wallace Brandon would tie me over her at National Trainers Show in a 2 rider class , she was at the top of the game at the time. Wallace even would stand behind us as we were working down the rail. Dad bet me a golf cart at that show that I wouldn't get the blue. ha ha
She was always sweet and a good sport.
I would guess Thirdworkout has bested Sherri in the juvenile & pony divisions on occasion.

I finally bested Sherri after about three years of competing with her in the juvenile division. I think maybe I beat her several times that summer, but she had probably beaten me probably 30 times.........lol!

You had to get up very early to beat Sherri and a little luck always helped.
She not only had great horses and a great trainer, she knew how to show a horse and looked good in the saddle.
I still remember her chewing gum while she showed and making mincemeat out of the rest of us! She was a cool customer! But the Deitz's were great folks and always congratulatory when someone else won. They wanted to see you win too.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: trivia   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Rhinestone,I remember that sale well.Your Dad was heartbroken.He sure loved that colt.Chap,your was right that colt could really use his legs but he wasn't a very big hoss.I know because I helped break him and he will always have a special place in my heart for him.Now ole Drug Dealer had some long legs and could really use them.
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:45 am

Senator 69, Even though Gunsmoke's Son didn't belong to Daddy on paper, I think he still felt like he owned a part of him in his heart. He was a special horse and my dad raised alot of colts that did very well in the showring. Luckily he stayed at Toby's barn and we visited often until he was retired. I know Gunsmoke's Cannonade was one of his colts. Wonder how many of his colts made it to the showring?
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Name a Walking Pony World Champion that REFUSED to wear the Roses !!!!

Question
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:46 pm

I'm sure "Thirdworkout" will share the story. She won em and that's what counts. cheers Charge!
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Ok, got a stupid question and this may not be the forum for the question, so Smitty you may move it to a more appropriate place.

I have never understood how you figure relationships like 3/4, 7/8, etc relatives on horses. Saw a young colt today (a really good LWC stud)...his dam is supposed be a full sister to one of my mares. This colt's sire is the same one my mare is bred to now. So he will be a 1/2 brother by virtue of his sire, but 1st cousin on the dam side to my 2011 foal...how does that work? Or does it? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:06 pm

smitty wrote:
Name a Walking Pony World Champion that REFUSED to wear the Roses !!!!

Question
I think it was The Dancing Duke. Bailey was having a hard time in the Ring with him when he won and went to the get the roses. We all commented Bill will do some training on him!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:02 pm

MM, are you saying that the two mares are full sisters and the sire of both foals is the same stallion? If so the foals will be known as "blood" sister and brother or brother and brother or whatever. That means they share the exact same blood but not the exact parents.

Three quarter siblings have the same dam or sire and the other parent is half sibling to the other foal's dam or sire. Confused rolly ?
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Huh! Just kiddin' I think I get it...Thanks MIB!
Yes, it is my understanding that the mothers are full sisters and they have the same baby daddy!!! LOL

So, this 2 year old is a "blood brother" to my foal due in June. That's good, this is a nice colt and I was excited to hear of his connection. Makes me feel good about the cross....will have to look at IPED's when I find out his name to verify the info. But, the information makes sense as he came from the same breeder that raised my mare.
Back to top Go down
thirdworkout

thirdworkout

PostSubject: THIRDWORKOUT   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:08 pm

BILL DID SOME TRAINING ON HIM WHEN WE CAME HOME , THEN WENT TO THE KY CELEBRATION AND HE DID IT AGAIN...LOL. THIS TIME I WAS PREPARED AND JUST JUMPED OFF! THEY BROKE AND WENT IN 5 DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS.
Back to top Go down
mhickman

mhickman

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:54 am

rhinestone wrote:
Senator 69, Even though Gunsmoke's Son didn't belong to Daddy on paper, I think he still felt like he owned a part of him in his heart. He was a special horse and my dad raised alot of colts that did very well in the showring. Luckily he stayed at Toby's barn and we visited often until he was retired. I know Gunsmoke's Cannonade was one of his colts. Wonder how many of his colts made it to the showring?
I worked and showed Cannonade after George Blades had him. He was some kind of show horse! And beautiful, he could wave those legs. Mr. Leroy Franks owned him, Mr. Franks was the only TWHBEA President west of the Miss. He loved Cannonade......
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:04 am

Unless I'm mistaken, The Dancing Duke was also shown some later on by Holly's sister, Stevie...
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:34 pm

thirdworkout wrote:
BILL DID SOME TRAINING ON HIM WHEN WE CAME HOME , THEN WENT TO THE KY CELEBRATION AND HE DID IT AGAIN...LOL. THIS TIME I WAS PREPARED AND JUST JUMPED OFF! THEY BROKE AND WENT IN 5 DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS.
If you are the lady that rode Dancing Duke to the WC, you should be proud. I still say that was one of the best Pony Championships ever!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thirdworkout

thirdworkout

PostSubject: thirdworkout   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:50 pm

I am the lady that rode The Dancing Duke to that WGC and I am very proud of that. Thanks so much for the compliment! there's not very many people left that remember it. He was truly one of a kind. My Dad bought him at the Sellebration sale, across the street from the Celebration grounds for $360. They led him thru because they had tried to break him and given up and turned him out, until the sale. Bobby Burton was working for us them and he became his special project. Bobby was only 18 then... and without him he would probably have been back out in my field!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 6   Trivia Archive 6 - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trivia Archive 6
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next