WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories

Go down 
+24
barn2648
dutch
Steppin and Fetchin
Mister
Razor
Coco
sowega
Black Fantasy 1
thirdworkout
ONEHOTMARE
rhigbe
rooster
Old Graymare
Hill
scooter
twhboss
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
senator69
Jean
sensation61
MirallyMeadows
smitty
High Chaparral
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Razor

Razor

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Anne Vaughn and Reflections Unforgettable win the 1971 Amateur Championship
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 Ccf11114
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:55 pm

1971 World Amateur ChampionMiddle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 Ccf11211
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:12 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 1940BRGovernorsCelInvitation
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:37 am

Prentice Cooper certainly did resemble Cary Grant.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:52 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 93Celebration1

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 93Celebration2-1
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Middle Tennessee Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:27 pm

I am starting this subject for those of us that spent many memorable Summers in Middle Tennessee in Pursuit of the Tennessee Walking Horse.
This was the time of our lives for many of us. The horses seemed better then. The girls were seemed prettier. The scenery of the Middle Tennessee
backroads seemed more beautiful and the food was not fast. So those of you out there that look back fondly to one night shows and barn storming,
start posting your memories. It'll be lots of fun!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Every picture tells a story. Burt Daugette says this was at a one night show. Maybe Petersburg, Lynnville, Cornersville? Marvin Wilson was
supposed to show Rock-A-Bye Lady in the Stake Class. He became too inebriated to show. Burt was there so she showed her and won
the stake classs. Anne was jealous! What's a sister to do? She was just helping out!

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 Rockab11
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: middle Tennessee memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:10 pm

That sounds about right,Marvin was known to take a drink now and then.It sure was nice of Burt to help out like that!I'll bet she just hated to ride that ole gal in the Stake,but what a thrill to beat some of the BIG BOYS!That mare was one of the GREATS of the industry as was Burt's hoss!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:53 pm

Jr. here's the rest of the story. Burt says at first the trainers were cutting her off on the corners. But on the reverse
when they realized they were getting their butts whipped they started holding the reins with one hand , putting the
other hand on their hip, and watching Rock-A-Bye do her thing! Haint that she was!
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: middle Tennessee memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Razor,she was undoubtably my fav mare of all time!She sent chills up my spine everytime I saw her whether it was in a show ring or at home at the barn.She was also in my opinion the most thrilling horse I've ever had the opportunity to ride while at Vic's!I'm kind of thinking that show might have been at Petersburg.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:34 pm

Never heard of anyone being inebriated at a horse show. That's a NEW one on ME........

faint

Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 9:20 am

JR were you at Vic's when I had that crazy buckskin gelding there? I can remember going to a one night show and it was raining like crazy - Marvin had Senator on a lunge line and he got away from him. Got muddy, but still one the stake, seems like it might have been Tullahoma - you remember?
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:11 am

Now that's what I'm talking about. A great Middle Tennessee Memory! I can picture Marvin and Jr. chasing Senator through the horse vans!
Y'all keep um comin'!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Does Anyone remember this party? It must have been at the Holiday Inn

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 Traine10
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 pm

REMEMBER PARTY? Is that an oxymoron or contradiction - however I will say that you looked MAHVELOUS!
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: middle Tennessee memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Boy you got that right about the parties and the memories Bubba!If I could remember some of the happenings at some of those parties I could write a book and make a fortune.I know it would be a #1 seller on the comedy list!Bubba I don't know if I was there when you had the Buckskin hoss or not but I do remember Senator getting away from Marvin a time or two.One thing about Ol senator he was always GAME!I've chased him down more than once!
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:33 pm

They definitely drew a crowd that night!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Another Middle Tennessee Memory came to mind when Neil Robinson and Go Boys Brenda Lee was the answer to
the Who Dat. I don't remember Neil riding her but I definately remember Jimmy Waddell winning the 2year old mare
class with her in '66 and the 3 year old mare class in '67. In fact Col. Daugette, Anne and Burt's father loved Brenda Lee and wanted to buy
her for Anne. But, Vic Thompson told the Col. her knew a better mare for Anne. That's when they went to Charlie Martin's
barn to see Rock-A-Bye Lady and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 9:43 pm

I think we can all agree that ole Vic was right on the money that time Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 39096
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:41 am

Bubbadog says she doesn't remember any Middle Tennessee Parties.
Maybe she was too inebriated to remember.There's that word again Smitty.

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 Ccf12010

Top left: Burt Daugette, Charles Warren,Jim Malone,Anne Daugette,Ray Renfrow,Loretta Noe. Top right:Razor, Jim Malone Middle Left:Clarence Daugette,Ray
Beech,Cissy Best,Kathy Thompson Middleright:Razor,Anne,Clarence,Loretta,Bubbadog BottomLeft:Razor gives Bubbadog a slug
while Ray Beech offers moral support Bottom Right: Bubbadog pontificates!
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:24 pm

Was I pontificating while you balanced the bottle on my head? That was a good act wasn't it? If Mama had ever seen those pictures I would have never had another Middle Tennessee Memory if she had anything to do with it - she was in no way supportive of the horses and if she had known how long cocktail hour lasted she would have accelerated her mission to erase horses from our lives.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Another thang Razor - what is that close to my lap and under Kathy's head? Is that Kathy's infamous chili/frito casserole?
And what happened to Loretta Noe? I think about her every time I ride out 231 - her family's old barn is still there.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 9:48 pm

Bubbadog we have no idea where Loretta Noe disappeared to. She was from West Virginia. Maybe back there?
She was a sweet gir. Her nickname was Bluebird because she was so happy. We also lost touch with Jim Malone
when he and Jean Turrentine were divorced. He was from Fayetteville, Tenn. I guess that was Kathy's famous
caserole. It looks healthy doesn't it.Also in these pictures was my childhood friend Charles Warren. We grew up
next door to each other. If you remember he had College Boy and Ebony Rose at Bobo's. Now he is a PHD at
Harvard. I'm trying to get some pictures of his horses.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:38 am

Oh yeah - I do remember Charlie - and I'm not at all shocked that he is a PHD - he always struck me as "cerebral" - but not in a stuffy way! Yep, I remember his horses too!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:52 am

B.D. According to Google, Loretta Noe still
Lives at 2738 Highway 231 N. in Shelbyville.
Why don't you look her up? She'd be a good
Walking Horse Trivia contributor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories
Page 9 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next