WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories

Go down 
+24
barn2648
dutch
Steppin and Fetchin
Mister
Razor
Coco
sowega
Black Fantasy 1
thirdworkout
ONEHOTMARE
rhigbe
rooster
Old Graymare
Hill
scooter
twhboss
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
senator69
Jean
sensation61
MirallyMeadows
smitty
High Chaparral
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
senator69

senator69

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: celebration memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:06 pm

I got a pretty good laugh about that too Razor!!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Maybe Wallace had the mare to heavy Razz
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:00 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 ShelbyvilleInnAd
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:50 am

Where is my car?
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:08 am

I saw it near the entrance to the lounge!
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:53 am

Oh I must have gone in through the back.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:49 pm

1968 Ladies Mare Champion
First Celebration Blue for Anne Daugette And Rock-A-Bye Lady

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 Rockab13
Back to top Go down
dutch

dutch

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Never knew Rock-A-Bye had a white front stocking?
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Lots and lots of horses had secret white footsies!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Dutch you are very perceptive. The next
Year Vic started dyeing that foot.
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 am

Dutch, that's the first thing I noticed also, had no idea she had a stocking!! Razor, Anne sure looks happy and pretty in the win shot your a lucky man. Merry x-mas to all. Very Happy santa Very Happy santa

ROOSTER
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:56 am

Thank's Rooster. You are correct I am very lucky! If you think Anne looks happy in that picture I have another that I didn't post
because Rock-A-Bye was flipping her lip. I will post it to show you a really happy girl. This was her first blue. Merry Christmas to
y'all too. We enjoyed seeing you at the Celebration after all these years. santa santa santa
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:52 pm

The 1968 Celebration Ladies Championship Stake was one of the most exciting ever.
There was a three horse workout for first place. The final tie was :
1st. Anne Daugette & Rock-A-Bye Lady
2nd. Karen Cashion & Go Boys Lady Ann
3rd. Laura Brandon & Moneytrees Shadow

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 Rockab14
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:32 pm

Razor, I'm confused were these photos the same year, the ladies mare class and the ladies championship. One photo has the white sock, the other looks all black to me. Looks like Vic may have broken out the dye bottle in the middle of a celebration, either way RBL was a "walking machine" my kind of stock. And your right I beleive Anne even looks happier in this photo, she should..... she just won a Championship!!!

ROOSTER
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Does anyone recognize the trophy presenter in the first photo of Rockabye & Anne?
(the one with the un-dyed foot?)
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Rooster I noticed when I started to post the Championship photo that Vic had done the dye job before the stake.
I agree with you that Rock-A-Bye was one in a million. I regret that we have no videos of her showing. That was
before the video era. There was only 8mm movies and they really didn't work well at night. I don't think the Celebration
ever took any of the Ladies Stake because it was on Tuesday night. Most of the movies you see were taken on
Saturday night.We do have one small clip taken by Gloria Cooley of Anne riding her in front of Vic's barn.

In my opion it was the lengh of Rock-A-Bye's stride that made her so outstanding. She strided much further with
her back end and reached much further with her front end than almost any other horse I remember. In fact
her lenght of stride made her appear to be going slow. Other horses were taking a lot more steps to cover the
same ground. Even though she looked like she was barely running walking ,she was going as fast as the others.
I can only think of a few horses that had that same motion. The Pusher comes to mind as a horse with that kind
of action. The pony Mike's Mighty Man had that kind of back end but his front end was not that good.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Smitty, I hadn't ever noticed although we have had that picture for 43 years. It looks like Connie Bobo.
If it is , that was before she and Bill were married. I don't remember her maiden name.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Razor wrote:
Smitty, I hadn't ever noticed although we have had that picture for 43 years. It looks like Connie Bobo.
If it is , that was before she and Bill were married. I don't remember her maiden name.

Mason emailed me saying it is Connie.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 AnotherWinForDaugette
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:10 pm

Smitty, Razor mentioned the Pusher's good backend in his post, well this made me remember a video I think I saw of Mountain Man and the Pusher on WHT. I would love to see more video of that horse I liked the little bit I saw!! Do you remember where you put that short clip, or where I could see more of the Pusher??

ROOSTER
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Hank, It's on this page, near the bottom:

https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net/t8p700-horse-video

Like a Star @ heaven This is the only video I have been able to locate of The Pusher and it's mediocre. Still, I get chills watching him. He's still one of the best I've ever seen and the only WGC I ever had the opportunity to ride.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 3:57 pm

1967 Shelbyville PTA Horse Show
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 Moongl12

Last edited by Razor on Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:02 pm

1967 Shelbyville PTA Amateur Champion Moonglow Jr. and Burt Daugette
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 Moongl13
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:14 pm

In ther above post about Sam Paschal, I read an interview with Billy Hale and he claims that Sam showed Ebony 33 times in the first year he owned him, and won 31 blue ribbons. I recall B D's daddy telling me about Sam bringing Ebony down here to North Augusta, S C and won the stake there. They used to have a huge multi breed show with enormous crowds there. I think I remember the paid attendence for one night was 8,000.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 5:08 pm

1968 Celebration Ladies Mare Class Trophy Won by Rock-A-Bye Lady and Anne Daugette
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 1968_t10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next