WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHT Memorials

Go down 
+27
High Chaparral
cruiselvr
Tiger Bay
Hill
rhinestone
Jean
MirallyMeadows
Black Fantasy 1
curbchain
rwitherington1
BigEd
Rambler
Horsegurl1
scooter
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
grits
makethecut
sensation61
ONEHOTMARE
deltaboy
Everett
senator69
twhboss
Old Graymare
sadlbum
smitty
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
smitty
Admin
smitty

WHT Memorials - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:14 pm

WHT Memorials - Page 22 AnotherMarkIVMollyKayWalker
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 10:28 am

Another Mark IV, amateur trained by Jack Morgan. Winner of many open amateur (canter, sometimes a hand-gallop) classes. Wink Groover worked him just before he was sold and won Baton Rouge on him. Loved that big ol' bay stallion. I don't think he was ever shown as a 2 year old, took him to NC Championships and he was just too excited to be there. But, it was a good experience for him to be hauled, worked on the grounds and in the ring. By Copy's Mark IV that Jack and Rex Higgins co-owned after his showring career with Dr Boshell ended.
Jack also owned Master Control, many, many wins including 3 year old amateur class with Jack at the Trainer's show waaay back, NC Championships '88?, etc. Headed out to the funeral shortly....this is a hard one.
I believe Ralph Maddox trained at Jack's barn back in the 60's or 70's. Lynne Jones reminded me of this a couple of days ago.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:38 am

I am so sorry to hear of Jack's passing. I got to know him pretty well during the early 80's when he had horses with Larry Webb. He was a fine fine man and knew his horses.
When Link was just beginning to show, he started out on a sorrel mare that Jack owned and had always trained at home. Her name was Delight's Merry Widow and I absolutely loved her. She would put you in mind of those good floppy going Delight mares like Hostess and Choice.
Jack will be missed.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:19 pm

You are so right, BubbaDog. Jack like the real walky, walk "hard" kind of horses. He knew what he liked, could time one up with all that dog walking and have the sweetest mouth on a horse. He would laugh and say he could never make it as a trainer 'cause he spent so much time on each horse. But, he loved to "tinker" and despite his perfectionist personality (guess that was the electrical engineer part), he was super patient with a horse. He had a deep respect for Larry Webb. I expect he, Larry, Wink, Joe Vann, Ken Willis, Jerry Bagwell and my parents are having a heavenly reunion and telling horse tales.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:23 pm

MM and BD, I didn't know this man, but from reading Chat and your comments here, he must have been a really nice person and knowledgeable horseman. It hurts to lose these good friends and links to your past. I am thinking about you all as well as his family.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:39 am

I know this is a little off subject butspeaking of the Webb's, BD did you hear about Lane bringing the house down in Sparta last weekend.He was riding Mr. Pushbutton in the Grooms class.He's just like his daddy and momma and his Granddaddy.He's a heck of a jockey.I think he was riding out of Uncle Scott's barn.Maybe Smitty can post the video.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:09 am

Yes, I will post the video today S69.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:52 am

S69 - seeing Lane really took me back to when Link was that age and first showing. He was always just as serious as a heart attack when he was riding. I can't wait to see the video.
Billy Sue tells me tales of how Lane "trains" his miniature mare to do all kinds of tricks! With a mama like Rhea Ellen and Daddy like Link, he can't help it!
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:12 pm

BD,I know what you mean!!
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:42 pm

I'm sure most of you have read on other sites that P.J. Wamble loss her Daddy this past week. Our prayers are with you sweetie, we love ya.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Wishes for a speedy recovery to everybody's old pal, CATFISH FIELDS, who is in the hospital with an irregular heartbeat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:48 pm

The World Famous CATFISH a speedy recovery I know the trucking world is missing you old buddy. The walking horse is missing you need
to get to the ville so we can catch up with what going on in your world. As only the way you can tell it.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:13 am

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Catfish .Get well quick ole buddy.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:01 am

Get well, 'Fish. I've missing seeing you the last couple of years.

My sympathies to PJ...and loved the pic of you with your Dad that you posted on FB

More ALabama horse person deaths, as well.
Mrs. Alice Moody, widow of E.C. "Bill" Moody, long-time President of Walking Horse Association of Al and owner of Hidden Valley Stables, Hanceville, AL / trainers,Jimmy Hicks, Dick Peebles, Charlie Brown. Few horse folks at the visitation last week. Mrs. Alice was a quiet, behind the scenes lady and many never had the opportunity to know her.

Mrs Shirley Jolly, wife of Jimmy Jolly who showed horses out of Mr Moody's barn while Dick Peebles was there (70's) Several good ones including the pony Supreme Jubilation if I am remembering correctly. Shirley had MS for all those years and will be buried Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:13 pm

So sorry to hear of the passing of those GREAT folks from Al.,my thoughts and prayers are with those families.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Another Alabama Horseman   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:47 pm

James Claude Shaw, age 85, of Selma and a native of Giles County, Tenn., passed away June 27, 2010. He was a faithful member of Orville Baptist Church, the Masonic Lodge Fulton 98 and a longtime horseman and farrier. Shaw is preceded in death by his wife of 50 years, Sallie Burns Shaw.

Shaw trained Reserve World Champion Pony Merry Little Lady, while employed by Ellis Farms in Orville, Ala. He trained for Ellis Farms for 10 years before moving to Selma and training for himself. He judged the Celebration in 1959, 1962 and 1968. He retired from training in 1974 and performed farrier services until health issues prevented him from shoeing in the late 1980s.

Shaw is survived by his sons, Buc Shaw (Gwen) and Bill Shaw; grandchildren, Kim Shaw and David Shaw; close personal friend Mrs. Emma Gene Walton; numerous nieces and nephews, Greg Dixon, Rod Dixon, Tommy Burns, Faye Hamlett, Martha Lovell, Randall Shaw, Barry Shaw, Susan Shaw and Jeff Shaw.

In lieu of flowers the family request that one makes a donation to the charity of their choice or to Orville Baptist Church.

Graveside services will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at New Live Oak Cemetery. Rev. George K. Jones will be officiating and Lawrence Brown- Service Funeral Home will be directing. Visitation will be held Tuesday, June 29, 2010 from 6 p.m.-8 p.m. at Lawrence Brown- Service Funeral Home.

Note: Claude was a brother to the "Shaw twins".

Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:07 pm

So sorry to hear of Claude's passing.He was a good horseman and a good judge.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:20 pm

I thought some of you might appreciate a portion of an email from Rand Shaw, nephew of Claude as we were remembering Claude and the "Twins". Rand gave me permission to share his memories.

Uncle Claude, my gdaddy and pa were like the "silent
legends" of the walking horse world. In my eyes at least. They were hard working
honest men who truely lived and breathed the breed and genuinely cared about the
breed. They never rode in the spotlight in the big oval, but they had a hand in
helping several make that memorable pass. I can still see them rubbernecking
over the rail to watch one they had broke, trained or raised to see how it did,
and then slam themselves back in their chairs sometimes, look at each other and
just shake their heads. THEN on the way home cuss the day they left the barn to
become "the sorriest SOB living!!!" LOL!!! At the same time, to see
them watch the ones that "made it big" that they had something to do with in one
way or another was so much fun, and I was so proud of them and that THEY (The
Shaw Twins) were my grandparents. I regret not asking more questions than I
did about the breed, raising colts,
training and so forth...I was always afraid I would get in their way. Now I
wish I was in their way. Wednesday will be hard for us all, but most of all
Buck, Gwen, Bill, David and Kim will be having the hardest time.

>
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Oscar "Frankie" Hayes

WHT Memorials - Page 22 34987_133845403304796_1000003801038

BEREA — Oscar Franklin Hayes (Frankie), 77, of Berea, husband of Jean Cope Hayes, died Tuesday, June 30, 2010. Funeral services will be conducted at 1 p.m. Thursday, July 1, 2010, at Reppert Funeral Home. Burial will follow in Berea Cemetery. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. www.reppertfuneralhome.com

Note: Frankie was the father of Brenda Hayes, a popular juvenile rider here in Kentucky back in the 70's who showed Beene's Perfection. She showed out of Bourbon Hill Stables under the direction of Doug & Deedy Whittamore. Her father was a familiiar site at all horse shows during that time. He was a "walker"..........that is, a person who walks and wanders around all over the place during a horse show. I can relate, because I was a walker too.

I liked him. He was a good man.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 11:15 pm

I remember Frankie and his daughter at the shows in Ky.My prayers are with his family at this sad time.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:00 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Jerry Manes .Jerry passed away yesterday .Jerry was a longtime horse trainer from Stoutland Mo.He was a GREAT man and pretty dang good horseman throughout the yrs.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Thanks for the info Senator. Here is the full obit.

Jerry Manes

WHT Memorials - Page 22 072110Manes

Jerry Manes, 76, of Stoutland, Mo., a professional Tennessee Walking Horse trainer, passed away at 6:43 p.m., Tuesday, July 20, 2010, at St. Johns Regional Hospital, Springfield.

A memorial gathering will be held from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., Friday, July 23, at Memorial Chapel of Richland.

Mr. Manes is survived by his wife: Jewell; six children: Rita Schubel (Gene), Louisburg, KS, Lizabeth Carlson (Terry), Cleveland, MS, Jerra Ann Williams (Larry), Lee’s Summit, Julia van Zyverden (Nelson), Niangua, Margaret Hickman (Wade), Stoutland and Sarah Manes, Cummings, GA; seventeen grandchildren; eleven great grandchildren; eleven great grand children; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.

Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.

Memorial Chapel of Richland is in charge of the arrangements.
715 E. Jefferson Ave.
Richland, MO 65556
(573) 765-5300
richlandmc@memorialchapelsandcrematory.com
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:10 am

Dick Gordon

I'm sorry to report that Dick Gordon, horse owner and enthusiast, passed away. He was well known, especially in the KY, NC, and SC show circuit. I boarded at the same stable with the Gordon family and remember them being nice folks.

Dick is survived by his wife Marilyn and 3 sons Rick Gordon, Scott Gordon and Greg Gordon and wife Jennifer Warren Gordon.

Our prayers go out to the entire Gordon Family.
Back to top Go down
makethecut

makethecut

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:26 am

Just saw on the chat that Melvin Wallace(Big Daddy) passed away on Sat.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:39 am

Oh no........

I'm terribly saddened to hear this. I was just chatting with him on here yesterday afternoon on Who Dat. He must have passed not long after that. I didn't know Melvin personally, but I enjoyed his dialogue and contributions here. It is always very grievous when we lose one of our own members.

Melvin Wallace was very well-known in the industry and most certainly will be missed.
I will post more information as I get it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHT Memorials
Page 22 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: