WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHT Memorials

Go down 
+27
High Chaparral
cruiselvr
Tiger Bay
Hill
rhinestone
Jean
MirallyMeadows
Black Fantasy 1
curbchain
rwitherington1
BigEd
Rambler
Horsegurl1
scooter
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
grits
makethecut
sensation61
ONEHOTMARE
deltaboy
Everett
senator69
twhboss
Old Graymare
sadlbum
smitty
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

WHT Memorials - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:00 pm

VERY SORRY TO HEAR - THIS FAMILY HAS HAD ITS SHARE OF TRAGEDY.
Back to top Go down
rwitherington1

rwitherington1

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:56 pm

As you know, Kentucky has been hit hard by the floods of last week. This past weekend the body of a co-worker's brother was finally found in the flood waters of the Green River. He had been kayaking with friends and two of them were swept away. Thankfully the other was able to make it to shore, but it's been an agonizing week for my friend's family. Their elderly mother is in a nursing home and she's taking it really hard.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:08 pm

RW,

Sorry to hear that. I saw it on the news. As a stream fisherman and kayaker, I can say that you should never underestimate the power of water. Even 8 inches of water can knock you off your feet if it's moving fast enough. I must say, it's not a wise idea to paddle in flood waters. There are just too many undertows, deadfalls and other unpredictable situations.

While I do paddle a little very mild class II rapids occasionally while fishing out of my kayak, I am not a "whitewater paddler". Too old for that stuff...
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:21 am

David Bailey
1933-2010

David W. Bailey, 77, of Glasgow, Ky., died Thursday, May 20, 2010 at Centennial Medical Center in Nashville after an extended illness. He was born Feb. 23, 1933 in Adair County to the late Daniel Banks Bailey and Mallie Graham Bailey.

Bailey has been actively involved in real estate for 55 years and was the owner and auctioneer of Bailey & Grissom Real Estate Company in Glasgow. He was partners with Shelly T. Riherd and William H. “Tubby” Grissom in the real estate business that later became Runnymede Real Estate, Inc. of which Bailey was president. He was also a partner in Eastern Hills Development and other business partnerships.

He was the president for two terms of the Barren Co. Board of Realtors and was elected realtor of the year in 1966 and 1988. He was honored with many awards including the Tommy Sabens Distinguished Service Award in 2003 and 2006 and was a Cornerstone Member of the Cherry Society of Western Ky. University. As a member of the Campbellsville Lodge F&AM, he was a 32nd Degree Mason for 50 years and a Shriner for 53 years. Since 1967 he spent many years raising and showing Tennessee Walking Horses.

He is survived by his wife of 52 years, Betty Ross Bailey; one sister, Imogene Gabbert of Campbellsville; a brother, Joe Bailey and wife Ina of Campbellsville; one niece and one nephew and one great niece and two great nephews.

Funeral services will be 10 a.m., Saturday, May 22, 2010 at the A. F. Crow & Son Funeral Home with burial in the Glasgow Municipal Cemetery. Visitation will begin at 4 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Alternate expressions of sympathy may take the form of memorial contributions to Community Medical Care, 101 State Ave., Suite C, Glasgow, KY 42141.
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:17 am

Sunday morning May 23, 2010
Hoyte Tenpenny 63 of Beech Grove Tn, only child of the late Mac Tenpenny trainer of Society Man, passed away. He had been battling cancer & was a friend of mine & Everetts. His body will be at Feldhaus Mem. Chapel in Shelbyville tuesday night & funeral is wednesday, if things go as planned.

Last edited by sadlbum on Mon May 24, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:49 pm

I'd heard they were planning a benefit for him the latter part of June. From what I understand it's still oing to be held as Jane will have many med. bills...
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:47 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Tenpenny family,a name that has been in the industry for many yrs.I used to show against Willard when he was in Ohio at Calico Farms,pretty good horseman.
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Mac, Ray & Williard were all brothers that came out of Cannon Co. (Woodbury). Don & Sam Paschal along with Wallace Brandon, Albert Dement, C.O. Barker & John A Hendrixson came from there also.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Ray was a pretty good horseman too. Didn't he have Go Boy's Cheerleader in heavy contention for a couple of years? Seems like he had a little strawberry roan that was pretty good too. He and my Dad and our neighbors used to talk a lot. Lots of good folks came out of those Cannon County Hills!!!
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:17 am

I left out Carlton Pitts from Cannon Co. & Yes Ray did have GB's Cheerleader.
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:09 am

At the Tenpenny cemetery service yesterday in Beechgrove, 81 yr old Johny Brown was there & seemed spry as a 61 year old!
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:31 am

Just heard Mr. Roy Womble passed away last night at St. Thomas in Nashville. He used to have a tack Shop where the Red Barn Grooming shop is now located in Shelbyville and traded a lot of horses....another ole time horseman gone from us.
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I knew Roy a little bit,
He either owned, managed or worked at WLIJ radio in Shelbyville. He & Mitzi Oxford interviewed fans walking between the VFW booth & the Warmup Ring. Later He made a generic version of the Trooper saddle. Wayne Gregory the auctioneer at the old Alexandria sale, always called him Roy Rogers. I didn't know if He was alive or dead.
I saw Billie Nipper at the Dinner Table yesterday, looked good for Her age. Saw Ronal Young at the Tenpenny wake Tuesday night. Told Him Calvin Borail reminded me of His Dad.
Back to top Go down
Rambler

Rambler

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 pm

Now that the Triple Crown is over, I finally put up my memorial post for Dr. Bob. Calling him that feels weird since I never had the honor of meeting him. Anyway, thank you all for your help in compiling the things in the post. I felt I should note his passing with an article on the blog. http://thehorseyset.net/5832/the-gentleman-scholar-of-the-tennessee-walking-horse/
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehorseyset.net
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Very nice, Rambler.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:32 pm

Good job Rambler! Dr. Bob was many things to many people. Above all, I believe he was a great philospher.
Back to top Go down
Rambler

Rambler

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks, OHM and Smitty. I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: country chapel   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:17 pm

GREAT JOB Rambler,Dr. Bob was a GREAT guy.I loved stopping over and talking to him.
Back to top Go down
Rambler

Rambler

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks, Junior. I wish I could have met him, too.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Mr Harold White of Murfreesboro has passed away after lengthy health problems. His obit is on the WHChat. Loved what little time I spent with Mr Harold a few years ago....he was a most learned member of our TWH community. May he rest in peace.

I understand there will be a Celebration memorial trophy donated in his honor.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks MM.

The Tennessee Walking Horse world lost an icon June 4, 2010 when Harold White, 83, passed away following a lengthy illness. Mr. White was a gentleman, a Tennessee Walking Horse historian, an excellent judge of both horses and humans, a trainer to be admired, and a true friend to many. He was preceded in death by his parents, Walter and Cora Spencer White.

Born in Nashville, Tennessee, Mr. White attended David Lipscomb College prior to serving in World War II as an instructor in the United Stated Navy. Upon his completion of active duty, he was assigned to Arnold Engineering Base in Tullahoma, Tennessee where he worked as an engineer until his retirement.

Mr. White also enjoyed working in the sports department at Vanderbilt University and was an avid supporter of all Vanderbilt athletic programs. He regularly attended various events but was an especially enthusiastic football and basketball fan.

A founding member of the Walking Horse Owners' Association, Mr. White was instrumental in the creation and production of WHOA's newspaper, The Walking Horse Times. One of the first licensed Judges and DQPs, Mr. White's knowledge of the TWH breed was unparalleled. He not only knew the rules and procedures well, he had a reputation for extreme fairness in application of these rules. A popular Judge and Clinician for decades, he marked the cards at the Celebration and International on multiple occasions and also officiated at every other major show in the United States, as well as several in Canada and Europe. He was known to judge the horse front of him, ignoring the rider and horse's reputation.

Mr. White was also an avid supporter of the versatility horse, often judging for little or no renumeration to help fledging shows across the country get started.

In addition to judging, White owned and trained several World Champions including but not limited too: Plantation World Grand Champion Girl Of Distinction, 1992 Mare & Foal World Champion Pride’s June Bride and Baby Love (led by Sarah Dunn and trained by White), Ebony’s Cat Belau, World Champion Show Pleasure Horse, Shadow’s Gypsy Boy (owned by Sis Osborne) and Winston’s Gypsy.

Facts not that so well known are that Mr. White was a gourmet cook, an animal lover who would take in a stray and love it as though it was the best pedigreed animal in the world, and that he had a wicked sense of humor.

The entire walking horse world mourns the death of this extraordinary man and recognizes the cavernous void left by his passing.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Prayers go out for Frankie Hayes, who is in ICU and critically ill. Frankie is the father of Brenda Hayes, who is an old friend of mine who used to show Beene's Perfection in juvenile classes out of Doug & Deedy Whittamore's stable years ago.
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Let's all remember Jr. as he undergoes tests and therapy.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 am

Jack Raymond Morgan Sr.
Nov. 7, 1933 - June 12, 2010

Jack Raymond Morgan Sr. went to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Saturday, June 12, 2010.
He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Emily Louise Hofferbert Morgan; and four children, Karen (Mike) Christian, Stephanie (Larry) Burmeister, Jack R. Morgan, Jr. (Angie) and Jennifer (Dan) Kratohvil.
He is survived by an extended family of seven grandchildren, Robyn (John) Cornelius, Adam (Sharee) Christian, Matt Christian, Chad (Gerri) Clayton, Katie and Sarah Morgan and Morgan Hopper; and eight great-grandchildren.
He loved his wife, his family, his Sunday School class, his church, his preacher, his weenie dog named Winston, mowing grass, killing fire ants, riding his horse and hauling the horse around in his refurbished horse trailer.
He left this world doing what he liked best - riding horses and spending time with friends. He is now enjoying eternity with perfect health and in the company of our Lord and Savior and his old pal, Sport.
Mr. Morgan was a 1956 graduate of the Alabama Polytechnic Institute and he owned a respected consulting engineering firm in Gadsden for 40 years.
Mr. Morgan designed the electrical system of hundreds of commercial and public facilities in North Alabama.
Visitation for friends and family will be Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the First Baptist Church, Rainbow City, with memorial service immediately following at 1 p.m. Collier-Butler announcing.
In lieu of flowers, the family request donations be made to First Baptist Church, Rainbow City youth pavilion fund.
Condolences may be made at www.collier-butler.com.

WHT Memorials - Page 21 Morganstables

Last edited by smitty on Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:20 am

Thanks for posting Jack's obit...You got to it before I had a chance to sent it. He was very special to me. The first avatar pic for me on this site was aboard one of Jack's horses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHT Memorials   WHT Memorials - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHT Memorials
Page 21 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: