WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories

Go down 
+24
barn2648
dutch
Steppin and Fetchin
Mister
Razor
Coco
sowega
Black Fantasy 1
thirdworkout
ONEHOTMARE
rhigbe
rooster
Old Graymare
Hill
scooter
twhboss
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
senator69
Jean
sensation61
MirallyMeadows
smitty
High Chaparral
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Razor

Razor

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:29 pm

When Rock-A-Bye Lady died (1972) we never even considered trying to catch lightning in a bottle the second time.
Anne and her sister Burt had won 13 Celebration championships. How could you top that? You would never be satisfied
with anything less.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:34 pm

1971 Celebration Ladies Amateur Stake Trophy won by
Rock-A-Bye Lady and Anne Daugette Renfrow
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 1971_l11
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Ccf03010
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Newspa10
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:24 pm

1971 Celebration Ladies Stake Champion back at the barn.
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Ccf02234
Pictured Left to Right: Florence Daugette, Ray Renfrow, Rock-A-Bye Lady,
Anne Daugette Renfrow, Vic Thompson, Col. C.W. Daugette
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:19 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 1950Celebrationpg1

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 1950Celebrationpg2

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 1950Celebrationpg3

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 1950Celebrationpg4

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 1950Celebrationpg5
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
dutch

dutch

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:10 am

Just wondering if Son of Midnight, who came in 5th in the Stake Class, is Ebony Masterpiece's sire?
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Ccf03011
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Ccf03013
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: middle Tennessee memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:23 am

It could be Dutch but I thought H.L.Worrell bred and raised him and had him all his life,but I could be wrong.The horses full name was Skipper's Son Of Midnight so I'm not sure .
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:07 pm

During the '60's and 70's the Nashville Banner and Tennessean newspapers
did daily coverage of the Celebration. Do they still do this? Probably Not.
Just for editorial accuracy that's Razor in the picture too!
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Ccf03015
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Ccf02237
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Without a doubt Rock-A-Bye Lady and Anne Daugette were one of the most sucessful teams of all time. The first time Anne showed
Rock-A-Bye at the Montgomery show in November of 1967 they tied 7th. That was the last time they were ever defeated. Anne
and Rock-A-Bye showed from Kansas City, to Montgomery, to Baton Rouge and at innumerable shows in Middle Tennesse from
1968 through 1971 and won first every time including 8 times at the Celebration. They won somewhere between 40 and 50 times.

In 1972 Anne decided that she and her sister Burt had won 13 Celebration Championships but their brother Clarence had never
experienced that thrill. He had shown Second Time Around and Tuff Stuff sucessfully but had never reaped a Celebraton blue.
Anne let Clarence show Rock-A-Bye. Clarence showed her 5 times winning 2 Blues and 3 second place ribbons. Sadly, Rock-A-Bye
died before the 1972 Celebration.

In her whole career with Vic Thompson, Rock-A-Bye Lady failed to place first only 5 times. This incluldes many shows by Vic Thompson,
Marvin Wilson, and Dude Crowder and two shows by Burt Daugette including the Amateur Championship in Baton Rouge.

Clarence Daugette and Rock-A-Bye Lady
This was her last picture
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Claren10
Back to top Go down
sowega

sowega

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:11 pm

What a great family! They have left an indelible mark on the Walking Horse World. For the sisters to want to pass the baton along to their brother is a true honor. Thank you Razor for bringing this to our attention. It has been a great read. God Bless You All.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:00 am

Article from the Chattanooga paper after Rock-A-Bye died
Clearly this great horse touched many people.
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Ccf02149
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: celebration memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:53 am

Ray or Anne please clear something up for me.Maybe my memory is playing games with me but I thought I remembered back in 68 when Senator got hurt Anne's daddy offered to let Marvin show Jr. in the Stake class.Marvin said he wouldn't do that to Burt because then she wouldn't be able to show Jr. in the Am. Stake so they decided that Marvin would show Rock-a-Bye in the Stake and I was thinking they tied like 10 th but most of the trainers I know had her about 3 or 4th.Maybe I'm losing my mind but this is the memory I have.I was reading that last article and it jogged my memory when they said she had never shown in a Stake class.Thanks for any input.
Back to top Go down
Moonglow

Moonglow

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:31 am

Jr. you are correct. In her entire career at Vic's she only received 5 ribbons that were not blue. Three seconds with Clarence up, one seventh with Anne the first
time she was shown and tenth or was it eighth? with Marvin in the big stake at the Celebration.

Woops! Burt was signed in on my computer and I posted under her avatar. Razor.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:47 am

Rock-A-Bye Lady was 10th in the stake in 68. Silver Shadow's Replica was 9th.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:10 am

Whoa! I had forgotten all about that! Thanks for putting that feather back in my old cap MIB! I had forgotten that my little horse ever tied over RockaBye - He never beat her when I was showing him!
Back to top Go down
Black Fantasy 1

Black Fantasy 1

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:45 am

When we were starting Fantasy, and you could first start to tell that she had some talent, I remember standing outside of her stall with my Dad. He looked over at me and said "If she's half as good as Rock-A-Bye Lady, we've got us something really special."

Susie
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Bubbadog, I'm thinking I read where you tied reserve behind Rock-A-Bye in the Ladies championship one year. Not sure what you were riding, maybe Miss Rhythm?

I also recall reading where my old stable-mate Joyce Datsun tied reserve behind Rock-A-Bye one year on My Lady Major. She was probably the best Ladies horse to ever come out of Kentucky, but not on the same level as Rock-A-Bye Lady.

But then again, it appears none were.
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: celebration memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks Ray,nice to know my memory is still in tact!LOL There isn't too many details that I have forgotten about my fav family and their GREAT horses from back then .Those were "THE DAYS" !!GREAT horses,GREAT folks and GREAT shows !!!
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:20 pm

Smitty,
I posted the judges sheets from the 1970 and 71 Celebration Ladies Stake. In 1970. Cissy and Silver shadow's Replica tied 2nd and
Joyce Dotson and My Lady Major tied 4th. In 1971 they reversed places. My Lady Major was 2nd and Silver Shadow was 4th. In 1971
My Lady Major was also 2nd to Rock-A-Bye Lady at the Trainer's Show.
Back to top Go down
Razor

Razor

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Our family really appreciates all of the kind posts of support while we have endulged ourselves and relived the glory
days of Anne and Rock-A-Bye and Burt and Moonglow. My last post on this subject relates maybe the most amazing thing
that happened and still touches our hearts. When Rock-A-Bye Lady died there was an outpouring of sympathy from the
Walking Horse World as was stated very well in the article posted from the Chattanooga paper.
As soon as the news of Rock-A-Bye's death spread, we received many letters of sympathy. Some were very touching; especially one from a mentally retarded fan. But the one that brings tears each time we read it was sent to the
Walking Horse Report. I think it pretty well sums up our feelings.
Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Ccf02238

Last edited by Razor on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tc1987

tc1987

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Razor,

I want to thank you for all you have shared on this board. The photos, the commentary, have envoked such a vivid trip down memory lane. It was truly a different era, and your family preserved it so well. Thanks again for being here and allowing us to remember the glory days!!!

CBB
Back to top Go down
Rambler

Rambler

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Thank you, Razor. I loved seeing your family's photos of your horses. Plus, I'm a sucker for flaxen-maned sorrels, so I got a kick out of Moonglow, especially.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehorseyset.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next