WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories

Go down 
+24
barn2648
dutch
Steppin and Fetchin
Mister
Razor
Coco
sowega
Black Fantasy 1
thirdworkout
ONEHOTMARE
rhigbe
rooster
Old Graymare
Hill
scooter
twhboss
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
senator69
Jean
sensation61
MirallyMeadows
smitty
High Chaparral
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Sensation61, did you show horses named Deedy's Darling, Mr. Carl and Gambolin Gal?
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:07 am

I did, I did...surprised anyone on this site would remember me showing them.
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: 1957   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 pm

I have to confess, I was reading a article in the 1957 Saddle & Bridle. It was coverage of the Mexico City,Mo show.
Back to top Go down
Hill

Hill

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:01 am

The 1969 Celebration was one of my favorites. Hill's Perfection and I Finally won those first Celebration blues and beat Untouchable..something that had been just out of reach but that we had been working diligently for over the past 3 years. I remember that I felt he had put on one of his best shows ever..it took awhile but I had finally figured out the trick to getting him better set up in the bridle...that was they difference between HP's good shows and his great shows. I can still remember what a thrill it was to ride him when he was at his best! And I knew that night he had a good show when we came in from the final workout. I believe I was most nervous I had ever been..I still remember that feeling. I remember sitting in that darkened showring..the lights had gone down and the spotlight would start moving across the horses and riders as we all waited in anticipation for the announcer to call out the winner's number. Suddenly I heard mine and it didn't seem real...I froze..I couldn't move..then my first thought was to hug the neck of that big gelding that had just shown his heart out and that is exactly what I did. (I had a picture of this at one time...it is one of the lost ones Crying or Very sad ) I didn't even leave the spot where we were lined up...I just leaned over and gave Hill a big long hug. Then I heard my name and Bo telling me to come on...I had a ribbon to pick up! What a lucky girl I was!!

I'm pretty sure this was Cissy's and my first Celebration "hangin' out" together too?? Do you remember this...I did not have my license yet but I had my NC permit (of course it probably wasn't any good in Tn and I'm sure NCDMV did not intend on you being the "supervising adult"...what were you..17 years old??) Charlie Bobo had this old straight-drive in-the-column Ford pickup they used on the farm and occasionally to go pick up feed and other necessities in town. That old truck was on it's last leg (gear) so why anyone trusted us to take off to town in it is beyond me...maybe they didn't?? maybe it was our bright idea?? Anyway I can remember nursing that ole' truck as she skipped and missed along; struggling to find the gears (I had learned to drive on a straight but it was a new dune buggy and the gears were in the floor..a Big difference!) and you sitting over there beside of me laughing and laying down in the seat so no one could see you all while I prayed that lights wouldn't change so that I wouldn't have to find those low gears. I think we gave up on the outskirts of Shelbyville (therabouts that drive-in on the right...what was the name of that place??) and eventually got that ole' truck turned around and headed back out of town. I remember I was so happy to be out of stoplights and traffic and on the highway back out of town that I wanted to cry...I probably did! I don't think we ever made it to pick up the stuff we were going after...I was too overwhelmed with trying to drive (fight) that ole' truck and you were too busy laughing at me (and hiding from anyone who might know us)!! rub eyes
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:34 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 2-4Thu2
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
Hill

Hill

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks Smitty...This is actually another one of the pictures that was lost but someone (either you or Woody??) has given me a copy of it since. It's shame that so many of my original pictures are gone but I consider myself lucky to have friends that were able to come up with many of them. Jean also found some..so through you guys I've been able to replace many of them. Thanks a bunch and thanks for posting this one!

So...whatcha' think of them ears?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Old videos & movies   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Does anyone know if there is a place or any way to search for old videos? I ran into an old friend several years ago and he told me of a video he saw at a barn party.It ad the 1973 15.2 amateur class on it. I would love to have a copy if one exist! I won that class on a little horse named Delightful Shadow. He died about 4 month later and not long after that we were out of the horse business. Please excuse my selfishness, and being self centered. I want to give a copy to my daughterif I can find one. I never thought it might be possible until I found this site,and have seen many amazing memories and photos I never dreamed existed!!! can anyone pull a rabbit out of their hat? any help will be greatly appreciated. Hank Chitwood
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:57 pm

Yo - have you tried contacting TWHNC? I think that they may be able to help you out. And I remember that little horse - - he was a real good one. Refresh my memory on him - would you ? Who did ya'll buy him from?
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Kim it was the Burger Shake - I don't know what inspired us or possessed us to do a lot of the things that we did - but we sure did have a good time. We were both real lucky to have daddy's to get us out of "stuff".
1969 was another one of my second place years - but I think that I made the best show I ever made in my life that year on Miss Rhythm and tied second behind Ann and RockaBye Lady - nothing to sniff at - beating that team had never crossed my mind. I had never cantered "Maude" before and I was extremely nervous since she could be HOT and go airborne - I asked Huck what to do to canter her and he told me to just lean and pray - and it sure did work because that mare just loped and strolled her silly heart out that night.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Seems like the Celebration was selling old videos through a video production company out of Nashville at one time, but I don't recall the name. I think some of our other members have purchased some Celebration video, but I'm not sure how far back they go or what format they are in.

???
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 am

Hey, BD thought you had taken a trip I sent you a pm di you get it? The horse was Delightful Shadow, Mack Motes found him as a yearling and my Dad and ED Breeedlove bought him together later my dad bought Ed out, he was a contender as a 2 year old and went undefeated until we ran into Bum-in Around at the celerbation. He struggled with his head set until the winter he turned 5 and Mack got him right but he was small and stocky so we elected to let me show him, which suited me FINE! He was a bad daddy with a little "touching" I won the fun show 15.2 amateur that spring and that was the best show he ever made, he was the best horse I ever road that night a head shaking fool. Later that summer the govt. put there foot down big time!!! No more " touching" trainer were scrambling to get horses square. I remember dog walking that horse for miles on the roads behind Macks barn with a very light set of chains, but then Mack added a lot of weight on the bottom and the top of his foot. Look at some of the old line up photos in 1973 and you will see a lot of horses with big strips of lead on top of their foot. He was not his old self but pertty good, he could still walk and shaky his head off and look pertty doing it. We were lucky to beat Eagle's Ace in the 15.2 class at the celebration, we did not show back in the Championship because he steped on his foot and had a bad raw spot that would have never gotten though inspection. He died that winter, we had a full sister ( fell and broke her leg) a full brother that was looking great also died. I have a fear now of keep horses up in a stall for long periods because we had SO many thur the years twist a gut and died. My spotted saddles stay in a small pastures except at feeding time now. Sorta got to rambling there didn't I, this site has just brought back a lot of old memories and sometimes you just have to tell me shut up!! I will!!
Back to top Go down
rhigbe

rhigbe

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 am

I have some old super 8 movies from the mid 70s. Does anyone know who converts them to dvd?
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Hank, I didn't get your private message. But I do remember the horse and that gravel road that went nearly to the canadian border. I rode to Canada about a million times!
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 pm

rhigbe,

I recently noticed, that Walgreen's is now offering this service. "Memories To DVD", located in Nashville is superb.
Back to top Go down
rhigbe

rhigbe

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:36 pm

We have a Walgreen's in town, I'll give them a try. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Hill

Hill

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:36 pm

Now what we need to do is locate these movies..if they do indeed exist?? I will do what I can to find out and Hank (or anyone that knows)..let me know what you find out and I will do the same. I would Love to have the Ladies class from 1975. I know for a fact there were some movies done in the '60s...don't recall the years though. I would love to see them too. I know we have discussed this numerous times but we need to follow up on it this time. My son can transfer these from one format to the other but it isn't as easy for him because he isn't using using his own equipment. If Walgreens can do it; this is great. But; if we can locate the films and can't get them done elsewhere; he said he can do them at the the university. So let's see what we can find guys...

Yes..Hank this is a Great place and I am so Happy to have You and Cissy back in my life!! Very Happy And I Love all of the Rest of you Guys Too!!! 2 Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:47 pm

I talked to TWHNC today,the lady I spoke with told me there were "some" tapes/videos made, but she was not sure where the manufactor was located but she did have a phone number they gave to people hunting old stuff pre 2007, and she did not know how far back the tapes were available. I called the number and left a message. Will update if I get a reply. The tape of my class was seen by Bob Mount " mouse" (BD I know you remember him) he worked for Mack for several years, this was 25+ years ago but if my memory serves me correctly he said he was at the GLL barn party. I saw Lee Lenox's picture somewhere the other day just looking at the archives. Is he still around? Has anyone ever contacted him about old movies/tapes? I think they showed them at the party the couple of times I went.I do not know him personally. I realize from reading this forum that most of you know a LOT more about the history of TWH than I do. I'm amazed how much some of you know!! If someone has already chased this rabbit and lost, please tell me and I will shut up. If you can help please do. Any info or assistance you can provide will be MUCH appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:50 pm

I have been tryng for a long time to think of "Mouse"- thanks for helping me dust off the old brain. Where is Mouse now? I imagine that he prefers to be called something other than "Mouse" now.
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:03 am

When I talked to him" MOUSE" and I can't remember where we were but I believe he was living in Humbolt Tn. I just remember him telling me about seeing the movie/tape of Delightful Shadow and how much he liked him, he was prejudice because he helped break the colt. The thing I remember most is his story about the movie. It did exisit I'm sure. It may have been destoried by now but I'm going to search for it. Seeing all these old photos fired me up. I know very little about all the guys around Mack's barn. Do you remember Spat, I heard he was killed in a car wreck, don't know what happened to Boo, or Leon, I think Bodiddley still lives around Eagleville, but this is old info and I may be confused. I would like to talk to Mike Thomas " Maddog" do you remember all those guys, we had some of the best water bucket fights around the barn, and they sure would not cut you any slack just because you were a customer. Those were some good old days!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Mason said...

"Tell Rooster the last time I saw (MOUSE) RATMAN he was working for one of those Green fellers in Shelbyville....been a yr or so ago..I THINK it was Charlie Green....seems like Dick Myers worked there as well...I think that Green was Whiteys Son in Law"
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Don't know "Mouse", but Mason is correct in that Charlie Green is married to Candy Whitehead Green....Charlie did (may still) have horses for Joyce and Dick Myers.
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:11 pm

"Mouse", did work for Charlie Green summer before last ( I think it was). Mouse worked for Ramsey at Hawks, Hillvale, and the Boro...and still calls him every so often...but not lately. I'm not sure if Mouse is still in Shelbyville or not.
Back to top Go down
thirdworkout

thirdworkout

PostSubject: thirdworkout   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 9:38 pm

If I remember right didn't Jim Dixon film all the classes in 73 and maybe 74. Seems like I remember goin to some place called Papa's old barn for breakfast after the show and being able to watch the show for the first time on video tape. I only remember this because that is the year Bill Bailey won on Black Power and we went there after the show. If anyone can think of how you might be able to get a hold of these tapes it might help us all out because he taped every class not just the championship classes. P.S. I think Sammy Day played the harmonica and they might of had a band.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:51 am

ThirdWorkOut - I'd be willing to bet that if there was a party, a band and Sammy was there - her was blowing that harmonica!
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: old movies   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:12 am

I remember that y'all ! The restaurant was in Pop Luna's old barn and had some pretty good eats too if I remember right.Your right BD if there was a band Sammy was probably there harp in hand.He is a GREAT entertainer whether it's on a horse or behind that harp and mic !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories
Page 3 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next