WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories

Go down 
+24
barn2648
dutch
Steppin and Fetchin
Mister
Razor
Coco
sowega
Black Fantasy 1
thirdworkout
ONEHOTMARE
rhigbe
rooster
Old Graymare
Hill
scooter
twhboss
The Man in Black
Bubbadog
senator69
Jean
sensation61
MirallyMeadows
smitty
High Chaparral
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
rooster

rooster

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Jim Dixon   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:27 am

Hey folks, can anyone remember where Jimmy Dixon lived and even better where was his photography business was located, I'm still chasing leads on the tapes from the early to mid seventies. Thanks for your help! Very Happy Very Happy rooster
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:42 am

He used to live out highway 41 N...Union Street in a ranch style brick home on the left side going out of town. His office was in his home. I looked in the phone book and couldn't find his name or a Dixon # at that location...seems someone said years ago he passed away but I sure could be wrong about that, at least I hope I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:11 pm

I am almost sure that Jim passed away.
Back to top Go down
Black Fantasy 1

Black Fantasy 1

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:30 pm

I would love to have copies of any video of Fantasy. Marianne showed her at the 84 and 85 Celebrations in the prelim classes. I only have a couple of win shots of her and no action ones at all. Her ears were always funky and of course, we always thought there was time.

Susie
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:13 pm

I can find no obit for Mr. Dixon, yet I somehow think you may be right Chapparal.
Here's a phone number I found for him. It may be old & outdated. Use at your own risk:

Jim Dixon 931-684-0172
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember that he passed away years ago, too. I have many treasured pics by Mr Jim and one of those photo buttons, he made. Anyone remember those??? 80's
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Yes, Jim is deceased. Seems it was early 2000s.
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:59 am

Called the phone number Smitty, it is disconnected. Does anyone have a good idea what year Jim passed away, we could contact the shelbyville paper archives, if we knew the year it would speed up the search. Another question is Larry Lowman still around he might know about Jim material since they were competors. Still searching. rooster
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:12 pm

rooster,

Not sure if this is the right Jim Dixon or not (?)

http://www.t-g.com/story/1159726.html
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: looking for Jim Dixon   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 2:48 pm

I think Larry lives in Tn. and in Fl. probably cold weather down here and warm weather in Tn.
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Smitty...That is the photographer, Jim Dixon's obit.
Back to top Go down
Hill

Hill

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:13 pm

I want a copy of those '73 movies too! Larry Webb won the 4 yr old Mare class with Rebel (Johnny's Rebel Maid) at the Celebration that year...I would LOVE to have a video of the two of them!! I told Rooster I would help in any way that I could to find these; so if any of you know anyone or have any suggestions; please let me know. It would mean a great deal to me to find these videos. I would also love to find the '75 Ladies Mare and Ladies Ch. Class if anyone has those?? Has anyone had any luck in finding those 8mm or 16mm films from the '60s? I would love to see the '69 and '70 Juvenile classes as well as the Amateur classes from those years.
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Rooster, Larry Lowman is still very active. He never called me back about the burial sites of the Champions, though. I do have his number somewhere if you want to e-mail me about it. Graymerepn@aol.com
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:28 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 89CelLookingBack1

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 89CelLookingBack2
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:21 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 MagicCelebration1

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 MagicCelebration2

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 MagicCelebration3

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 MagicCelebration4

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 MagicCelebration5

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 MagicCelebration6
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:32 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 1954Celebration1

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 1954Celebration2

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 1954Celebration3

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 1954Celebration4

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 1954Celebration5

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 1954Celebration6

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 1954Celebration7
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:45 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 CelebrationShotfromSouthside1950s

Celebration view from the South side, 1950's
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 7:00 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 HerschelTalleyClownsSpur-CelebrationGrounds
Herschel Talley works Spur's Clown on the Celebration grounds in the early 60's

Last edited by smitty on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Great picture - Loved that roan horse!
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Actually, I think that's Spur's Clown ???, maybe Priscilla can verify the name. I have a spotted horse (WCFlatLick Redneck, aka "Jack") that is a decendent of this horse.

Clown's Spur was WGC Amateur horse with Sara Jo Green of Haleyville,AL....previously owned by the late Lloyd Wood of Tuscaloosa, AL
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Oops!.......Spur's Clown is correct. I'll fix it above.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:20 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 CelebrationGrounds1

Another shot of the Celebration Grounds in the 1960's. Looks like it might be Christmas time.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:48 am

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 HillsPerfectionKimLovette6

Yet another great Celebration win shot of Hill's Perfection & Kim Lovette
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:23 am

Where has Hill been? Do we need to send out a search party?
Back to top Go down
Hill

Hill

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:30 am

I believe this picture was taken when Hill and I won in 1969?? I'm going by the shirt I was wearing...very vintage isn't it?? I always liked it but it was somewhat different...sort of in the style of "Paul Revere and The Raiders" Big Smile Larry Lowman came to me back when they first organized the Walking Horse Museum (early '70s I believe) and wanted the suit; shirt and all for one of the museum exhibits; so I went ahead and donated it and Hill's Perfection's bridle. I saw it at the museum when it first opened but unfortunately it was probably lost as the museum changed management and locations throughout the years.

BD and All My WHT Friends...I've been around; have been here but just been quiet. I have posted some on The Jukebox. Although I haven't been here as frequently as I once was but I still support WHT 100% and will be back in full force soon...it's been sort of a tough summer for me. I had surgery 2 weeks ago but am doing well...unfortunately may have to have another mid to late August. We'll see and I'm hoping not...I feel like I've been doing this daily dressing of wounds Forever!! Prior to the surgery I had a procedure that has required "dressing the wound"....so I've been doing this for about 6 weeks now and have I don't know how much longer to go. I'm very thankful though because it could be much worse!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories   Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle Tennessee/Celebration Memories
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next