WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories

Go down 
+18
Corky
Jean
twhboss
Hill
MirallyMeadows
grits
curbchain
scooter
Rambler
Old Graymare
senator69
sensation61
Bubbadog
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
rwitherington1
The Man in Black
smitty
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
smitty
Admin
smitty

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 10:15 am

sadlbum wrote:
NO!

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:39 pm

3. George Clooney , Johnny Depp...both from KY
4. Man O' War
6. Wynonna
8. Happy Goodman Family
10. Land Between The Lakes
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:38 pm

9. Metropolis !!!

alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 3:45 pm

5. Bowling ......green

10. Land Between the Lakes
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:56 pm

I have posted 7 of the correct ainswers & put hints on the udder three!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 7:10 pm

3. Jim Varney (I shuda known)
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Sadlbum, are U sure that wasn't a California governor that was sweet on Linda.....?
Back to top Go down
rwitherington1

rwitherington1

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 7:24 pm

It was Gov. Brown from California that liked Linda Ronstadt. KY Governor John Y. Brown, Jr. was married to his own celebrity, Phyllis George Brown, who was a former Miss America.

Big intrastate football game tomorrow in Lexington. GO CARDS!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 7:29 pm

I'll say......................GO CATS!!! Basketball (sorry, didn't have a football handy)
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 9:17 pm

I've posted the rest of the answers & corrected my mistake, sorry bout dat!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 9:42 am

Here's an interesting trivial fact.

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 Judds_e

I'm sure everyone is familiar with The Judds from Kentucky, the singers Naomi & Wyonna and also Ashley the actress. The singing duo "The Judds" did not make it big until the early 80's. Naomi had her share of hard times in the 70's and once lived in the community of "Morrill" at the top of "Big Hill" outside of Berea, Ky where 3 counties meet. It is a rural, rugged, yet beautiful area just outside the Daniel Boone National Forest. They lived in a two-story house called "Chanticleer" that they rented for $100 dollars a month. It was there that Wyonna learned to play guitar and the Judds began singing.

There is a side road very near Morrill called "Himan's Fork Road". It runs down into a beautiful "holler" where a stream flows called "Clear Creek." This is where my father grew up and where his father and grandfather lived for most of their lives. My grandfather farmed, operated a sawmill and drove a school bus. His farm was only about two miles down the road from where the Judds lived in the 70's. They were, in effect, neighbors. I don't think they knew each other, but I'm fairly certain their paths may have crossed at one time or another. As a young boy, I would visit my grandfather's hilly little farm and play in the barn, climb the hills, wade the creek and explore the countryside.

Little did I know at the time, that just up the road were a poor struggling mother and two young girls, roughly my age that would all go on to be famous.

Note: (you can read a very interesting excerpt about Naomi's early days in an excerpt from her book "Love Can Build A Bridge" which can be found on Google Books)
Back to top Go down
Old Graymare

Old Graymare

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Caddy's niece (Billie's daughter), Ashley Shelton, was crowned the new Queen of the Kentucky Celebration last night. Frankie said they have been crowning Queens for the past 20 years. Congrats, Ashley!!
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:47 am

Congrats to Ashley!

Smitty...Nice story and I didn't know that. If you ever get down this way, I'll show you where the Judds, now live. I have met Wynonna riding her Harley on this road.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:16 am

Ashley Shelton.............the newly crowned QUEEN OF THE KENTUCKY CELEBRATION ! Very Happy

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 AshleyShelton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm putting this up in honor of our CELEBRATION QUEEN.
(I know the words don't QUITE match up.....but use your imagination)

Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: ky.Trivia   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Congrats Ashley
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 Ashleykids
Ashley with Graymare's little grand-fillies

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 Frankie
Somebody must have told Cadillac a good one!
I remember I used to make Caddy laugh so hard she couldn't stop.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:33 am

May 1970
Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 KentuckyNoddingsMay70
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:56 pm

THANKS FOR ALL THE CONGRATULATIONS ON MY NIECE ASHLEY BEING VOTED THE 2009 KY CEL QUEEN , SHE WAS QUITE SURPRISED AND HAPPY. THE LADIES AUX, HAD A REALLY NICE CEREMONY THIS YR. WITH ALL THE FORMER QUEENS BEING INTODUCED AND THIS YRS CANDIATES BEING BROUGHT IN A HORSE DRAWN BUGGY. ALL THE GIRLS WERE REALLY PRETTY, THE FIRST QUEEN WAS CROWNED 20 YRS AGO AT THE 25 TH ANNIVERSARY KY CEL. BY SENATOR MITCH MCONNELL. THE WINNER WAS JULIE GEORGE HOWARD, THE SHOW WAS HELD AT LAWRENCE BURG KY. I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO JUDGE THE KY CEL. THAT YR ALONG WITH SAMMY DAY, TOMMY HOWELL, BUDDY HUGH, RALPH HENSLEY,
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:18 am

Thanks for the Ky Celebration facts & trivia, Cadillac. I hear you've been up North judging in the land of cows and cheese. Come back and talk to us again soon!

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 KyLeadlinePony

???
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:18 am

Another RARE photo!

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 ShowHorseLexKy

This photo was taken at the Junior League Horse Show in Lexington, Ky. It is of one of the winners of one of the Walking Horse classes; way back when the show offered TWH classes. No other information was given on this photo and I've been unable to figure out just who the horse and rider are. I am guessing this was taken in the 1950s, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 am

Old Junior League Photos

One of the oldest and most prestigious Saddlebred shows in the nation, the Junior League Horse Show is one of the three crowns of the "triple crown" of the Saddlebred world; the other two being the American Royal in Kansas City and the World Championship in Louisville. The Junior League in Lexington, Ky was founded in 1924 by ten women with a goal of improving the community. Their greatest accomplishment has been the horse show, which was first held in 1937 and has funded many worthwhile causes in the community over the years. At one time, this show offered TWH classes and Hunter/Jumper events as well as ASB classes, but those days are long gone. Here are some nostalgic photos from the always stylish and entertaining Junior League Horse Show.

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 JuniorLeague3

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 JuniorLeague4

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 JuniorLeague13

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 JuniorLeague7

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 JuniorLeague1

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 JuniorLeague9

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 JuniorLeague11

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 JuniorLeague12

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 JuniorLeague10

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 JuniorLeague22

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 Spectators
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: ky.Trivia   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:06 pm

I always enjoyed the Jr. League show.When I was with FTT we always did pretty good there.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:12 pm

S69,

What years would that have been? I am trying to figure out just exactly when the Jr. League quit offering TWH classes.
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:25 pm

Amie Boyd Marks, may know the answer. She still attends every year, and I'll ask her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next