WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trivia Archive 1

Go down 
+2
deltaboy
smitty
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
smitty
Admin
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:59 pm

(Page 46)

smitty

Might be.....

I know he did a lot of "floor walkin" ......
____________________________________________________________________________________________  
Mason

YEP that was her.. they lived in Hilton Head S.C.
____________________________________________________________________________________________ 
Bubbadog

Melvin was in South Carolina - more than likely in Sumter working for the Hinsons.
senator69

Ole Ernie "Walked the Floor all Over You.LOL
smitty

Yes, that be ole Ernest Tubb himself.

Here's Ernie doin "Walking The Floor Over You" :

Everett

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 ThePusheratBatonRouge

Who are Dey

Bonus-Who Dat Guy with the white shirt at the top of this horse's knee
smitty

hey!..........I know that DUDE..........
ONEHOTMARE

Looks Like Bob McQuerry and "The Pusher". Wonder who that handsome dude in the white shirt is?
Everett

OHM
You are correct that is The Walking Machine, The Pusher and a real nice fella Bob Mc., that other fella is a nice guy too
smitty

Bob's a class act.

Got a lot of fond memories of my younger days under his direction. Always calm, patient and confident. Didn't mind putting 3 or 4 juvenile or lady riders in the same class at a show. He showed no favoritism towards any one rider, no matter the price of the horse. He did me a lot of personal favors that he didn't have to do and I'll always be grateful to him for that.

I was very proud of his accomplishments with The Pusher, who is still one of my all-time favorites.
senator69

Bob's one of the nicest men you'll ever meet.I remember yrs. ago he had a good little mare that put a whoopin on mine and a lot of others butts. B.Major's Annie I'll never forget that mare.She could sure walk a hole in the ground.
grits

Can anyone tell me what The Pusher's personality was like... I have a Pusher grandson and he is a joker to say the least...
smitty

Grits,

I was around him quite a bit, and recall he was pretty even tempered which is typical of most walking horses. He was a stud horse, but I don't recall any meanness or him being overly high-spirited. He had plenty of drive, but I remember him being fairly calm. I can say for sure he was a extremely natural and free-going type of horse who did it easily.
deltaboy

Looks like John Harney in the box. Is that Mr. Cross sitting beside him?
Everett

deltaboy
You are correct that is John Harney, i don't know if that is Mr. Cross
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 FacesFinal

Who Dey?

One on lower right is Buford Pusser.

sadlbum

My guesses are:

?, Zsa Zsa, Shaw Twin, Winky & Sheila
Wink, Maybe other Shaw Twin, Buford Pusser
Maybe Russ Thompson, ?, ?
deltaboy

Is that Tom Moore in the bottom center?
smitty

All CORRECT so far! Only two remain to be answered. I guess I should have labled these to make this easier.
cb

The lady in the bottom middle of the picture is I believe is R. Spear's customer . Her last name was Bennett.
smitty

Cbobo,

No, that's not correct, but you do know who that lady is!
smitty

Here's the answers to those two photos:

The lady in the middle in the red shirt is BETTY SAIN.

The first small picture in the top left is JACKIE BROWN, a fine fell-o and horse enthusiast from Glasgow, Ky. I think he works in center ring during the Celebration now, or something like that. Jackie has shared a lot of laughs with some of us Kentuckians back in the day.
cb

Really, that's Betty....When was that taken? I would love to visit with her.
smitty

Cbobo,

I think that picture is on the Walker's West site somewhere, along with a few others. Not sure when it was taken, but probably not recently. I'll see if I can find the link for you.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Whodatkid

Now, who dat lil' feller?
Mason

Tony Kimmons(DR. Kimmons)
smitty

........only Sadlbum knows the answer to this one.
ONEHOTMARE

That cute little fellar does resemble Dr. Tony. I also thought he could be Johnny Puckett or Jason Day.
ONEHOTMARE

That cute little fellar does resemble Dr. Tony. I also thought he could be Johnny Puckett or Jason Day.
Bubbadog

Looks like a Puckett to me - but Mason would have known that.
smitty

Sadlbum!

Tell us Who Dat Boy...
Bubbadog

Lonesome on here without E, ain't it?
smitty

Yeah, Bubbadog. Everett's the straw that stirs the drink! He'll be back soon, I'm sure. Maybe Sadlbum will let us know who dat kid is in the picture.......
In the meantime.....

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 ProfessionalPride

Who Dat?
Everett

I bet thats Joe Webb
smitty

Welcome back Everett. Joe Webb it is........but who dat hoss?
I still need Sadlbum to tell us the name of that BOY!
Everett

I don't know, but sho is purty
deltaboy

I believe that is Professional Pride.
sadlbum

To be honest, I don't know who the little boy is but I would like to know for sure. I've always thought it was Ron John Reed. His dad was a horse trader named Doug Reed who partnered with R.B. Hickey. They were at Wiser Farms alot. The picture was probably taken in 1975 or 76.
senator69

Didn't Joe have a Perfection horse that looked like that.I can't remember his name.I'm thinking it had the name Dr. or Prescription in it.
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:52 am

(Page 47)

deltaboy

I believe Dr's Prescription was black. Joe showed him in the early 60's. I believe this picture was taken in the early 80's, probably at Germantown.
senator69

Thanks Delta,I knew I'd seen him showing a Chestnut horse that was pretty popular at some point.
smitty

The name of the horse Joe is on in that photo is "Professional Pride."
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 StormThreat

Who Dis?
BigEd

Pat Ringual (sp??)and Storm Threat.
Eddie
smitty

Big Ed,

That's exactly who it is. For some reason I don't recall her showing this horse, I can only remember the curly-headed kid showing him.
smitty

Now, squint your eyes and tell me.....

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Mg

Who Dat???
sadlbum

I've been squinting and the best I can figure is Billy Gray and Delight's Bummin Around.
smitty

Yes to Billy, but no to Bummin Around.....
senator69

Billy and Delight's Tramp
smitty

Cha-ching!

The Senator from Florida wins that round.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Albert

What in the world?

Note: Before you answer, get up from your computer and view this photo from about 15 ft. away from your computer screen.
senator69

Marilyn Monroe?

Is that Ernstine and Maryland ?
smitty

Ain't dat sumpthin?

If you look at it up close, it's Albert Einstein...........but if you look at it from a distance, it turns into Maryilyn Monroe.
smitty

Now Who Dis?

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EbonysThreat

(......an I'm outa here, see yall Sun or Mon)
Bubbadog

Ken Wulff on my magic marker - by smitty - happy fishing!
Everett

Hey gang a virus wiped out my computor and i lost a lot of stuff, Smitty will be posting pictures on Who's Dat and i will try to keep the Trivia Post going, please feel free to post as many TRIVIA questions as you all would like , the more the better, if you don't know any questions to ask, hell make up something, maybe some TRUE or False questions, go to TRIVIA QUESTIONS POST and fire away
Everett
smitty

I'm back. Had a really nice time paddling & fishing the Big South Fork, which was absolutely wild and beautiful (and in the middle of nowhere).

That is Ken Wulff, but that is NOT My Magic Marker.......
Everett

Smitty
Glad your back and had a great time, its been pretty slow ,guess everyone one is busy over this long weekend, would like to see the stud class at the Fun show if you can find it.
smitty

Folks,

You may remember the horse Ken Wulff is riding..............his name is Ebony's Threat.
Everett

Dang must be getting old i forgot about Ken showing him
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 DelightOfPride-1

Who Dis?
Everett

Billy Gray and Ebony's Threat
smitty

E,

you 50% right.......
Everett

I should know that horse, but just can't place him, pretty sap sucker
ONEHOTMARE

Could be THE SECRETS OUT, he had a long mane. Hard to distinguish if he's bay or black but looks like it was at Gallatin.
smitty

Not Secret's Out. This horse is black...
Jean

Would that be Billy & Prides Night Prowler?
BigEd

Could be Billy on Hostess. A great mare.
Eddie
smitty

Nope, all wrong including me........the horse actually was liver chestnut. That color looks kind of black when they're wet.

That's Billy Gray up on Delight of Pride, probably at Gallatin, which was his first show under Gray.

Bonus: In what state was Delight of Pride born?
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 MitziGillispie

Who Dat?
Bubbadog

Is it Jan Wright?
That looks like Paul Smith in the box behind her.
ONEHOTMARE

A young Mitzi Gillespie. She's still a very attractive lady.
smitty

OHM,

That's correct. That's Mitzi Gillispie.
I forgot the name of the horse.
deltaboy

Delight of Pride was foaled in Missouri.
smitty

Deltaboy,

That's right. I think the Inmans raised him.
In my opinion, one of the very prettiest WGCs.
cb

The Inman's were customers of ours and Charlie bought him from them.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Pitts

Who Dat Guy?
senator69

Mr. Carlton Pitts,Donald Paschal's long time right hand man
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:42 am

(Page 48)

smitty

Correct S69! I never knew he worked for Paschal. You learn something here every day!

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 RodneyGensColorMeIn

Now Who Dat Ole Boy?
rwitherington1

Termite!
senator69

Smitty,Carlton worked for Donald when he had all those Great horses Go Boy's Black Jack,Royal Heir,Chatter Box and many others.Carlton was a GREAT horseman.
smitty

Carlton is probably one of those underrated trainers that never quite got his due. Hats off to Mr. Pitts, I enjoyed watching him show.

Yep, that's the trainer formerly known as TERMITE!
Anyone know the horse?
senator69

Possibly,Gen's Color Me In.
smitty

I think you're right Sen69.

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Slim_Pickens-772114

Who Dat Cowboy?
Jean

Slim Pickens?
smitty

Jean,

You're right, that's a younger Slim Pickens. Can anyone name a non-western movie that Pickens was in?
ONEHOTMARE

Only one I can think of would be Dr. Strangelove or something like that.
smitty

Dr. Strangelove is CORRECT!
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Steveaymett-1

Who Dey?
Everett

That is Steve Amyett and Good Advice , 15.2 nice horse he was a World Champion several times
smitty

That's right Everett.
I remember him. He was a consistent, easy-going horse. Did the same thing all the time.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Whodisun

Who Dat?
ONEHOTMARE

Looks like Whitney Morris and LOCK & LOAD. A very nice juv horse.
smitty

Yes, OHM, that's exactly who dat is.....
Looks like a goodern'.
senator69

She's won alot out of Jamie Bradshaw's barn.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 DelightsVamppattipollack-1

Hoo Dat'n???
ONEHOTMARE

Barbara Agnich?
smitty

Nope. I think this person is a well-known exhibitor and owner currently.
smitty

Nobody seems to know this one, so I'll give the answer. This one came from our good friend Sadlbum, who sez this is:

Patti Pollack & Delight's Vamp
ONEHOTMARE

Smitty...I thought she could be a young Patty but Ramsey said no. He didn't have his glasses on.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 StockatGlasgow-1

So........Who Dat?
ONEHOTMARE

A SUPER hoss and the trainer seems like a real kool guy!
Everett

I do believe thats our pal David Mason and Stock
Bubbadog

He's right wistful looking ain't he?
Everett

Bubbadog
The expression on Mason face looks like, Damn this is nice
ONEHOTMARE

Where was that presentation shot made made? The guy presenting the ribbon looks familiar. Heading to Columbia show tonight. Links going to debut a 2 yr old Skywatch colt, that we raised and is now owned by Kilgore and Holland.
Everett

Looks like it might be in Fl., that ground looks pretty sandy
Bubbadog

OHM - if you see Link - please send him my love and tell him that I am going to call him the first of the week. Need to talk to him bout something.
That guy in the picture looked familiar to me too.
senator69

OHM,I'll be looking for that colt on the stream tonite.If y'all see Tommy Williams tell him i said "HEY" and he needs to check this site out when he gets time.
smitty

Folks,

Of course dat's Mason & Stock winning the stake at Glasgow, Ky sometime back in the seventies. (76 or 77?) Mason's hairstyle has changed quite a bit since that time, but hasn't all of our hair changed just a bit since then?

The guy presenting in the middle is an old friend of our old gang. That's Jackie Brown of Glasgow, Ky. Quite a nice gentleman and hilarious fellow who was a great source of fun and entertainment for us for many years. When they made Jackie, they definitely broke the mold, but "I must say" I do miss seeing Jackie and he was one of the many colorful characters I met during my years in the biz. I think he works for the Celebration during the event each year, perhaps in center ring.
senator69

Smitty,yes I believe Jackie does work in center ring during the Cele.
Graymare

Junior, yes, you are correct. Jackie was also working center ring for the Fun Show. He sees that the trophies are ready and gets everyone lined up for the pictures among other things.

By the way, are you able to sign on the Chat tonight for the Columbia show? I can't get on, but I am in Cincinnati. Frankie called me. She can't get on either. I love the Chat and Tommy and Kim are nice, but disappointments come regularly on that site. I just wish they wouldn't advertise if they are not going to carry through. However, I must say that they DO provide a great service to those of us who can't "be there" and the cost is quite reasonable.

If any of you still have a WHReport membership, they are now showing video clips of the classes from some shows as well. It is not live streamed but it does give a chance to see what went down.
senator69

Patsy,no I can't get on either.I called Kim and she apologized like crazy and said their server went down and they were working on it but that was like 6:30 my time,and I still can't get on.Tommy was at the show so maybe he will have some video.i really wanted to see the Stake Class.
Graymare

Yes, I did too. It has been so hyped. They have had a great show for the first two nights. I hope tonight went as well. I figured the site was down since I couldn't get on it at all. Poor Kim has probably fielded a lot of calls tonight while Tommy was at the show. Bless her heart! She never gets to go anywhere and she really is a very nice person who tries so hard to please and help everyone. Surely Tommy is videoing. Maybe it will be up tomorrow.
cb

Sorry, I was going to email you both but my Yahoo mail is down.
Beverly was second in the grooms class.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 LC

This horse was a World Champion Stallion. Do you know......

Who Dat?
sadlbum

Smitty,
This is the first time that I have been on in awhile & I noticed the picture of aka Slim Pickens a man who was born & raised in California & took His name from the comment made by the production crew chief that He hit up for a job. Another non western that He played in was THE FLIM FLAM MAN with George C Scot. He was a tobacco farmer that Mordeci Jones & His young partner cheated out of His crop money with the lost wallet trick. In the Rodney d**k picture, I believe Gary & Paige Edwards are sitting near the rail.
Everett

Sadlbum
Where have you been , we missed you good humor on here and all you knowledge
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:27 pm

(Page 49)

Senator69

Connie,what was Beverly riding.What else did Bill show?

cb

S69, she was showing Busting With Terror.
S69, is your email down too?

senator69

Connie,No it doesn't seem to be.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Mrpushbutton-1

Who Dis?

senator69

Chad Baucom and Mr. Pushbutton

ONEHOTMARE

smitty wrote:

Who Dat?

smitty wrote:
Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 LC

Who Dat?

Was he an amateur WC?

smitty

I don't think so, OHM. He was a stallion champ WAY back in the 40's and he has an interesting name. Kind of obscure, but I thought Sadlbum might know of this one.

Sen69, Mr. Pushbutton is right. Nice horse.......I think I may have posted that one before.???

sadlbum

I think the rider is Wade Stepp but I don't know who the horse is right now.

E - I've just got lazy about posting. With nice weather, I find too much other stuff to do. But I do check in every now and then to keep up with whats going on.

smitty

The name of that horse is "Locke's Cotton Ginner". He was the stallion champ at the 1948 Celebration. A sorrell, he stood at Vic Thompson Stables and was bred by F. F. Locke of Lawrenceburg, Tn. Owned by Arnold Walking Horse Farm in Indiana.

smitty

Stud Scramble

All of these stallions have one particular thing in common. Name the stallions and describe their commonality.

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Card5

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Card3

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Card1

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Card6

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Card4

[img]https://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/timmbur/Card2

ONEHOTMARE

This is too difficult for me. I am sure the 3rd photo is Mason's SUPER STOCK. The 4th ALLAN F1.

Bubbadog

Me Too OHM - is the last one Sir Winston?

smitty

Ladies,

This is not as difficult as you may think, even if you don't know all the horses above. I will give you a hint:

Look at their back legs. They are all wearing white socks!

..............hmmmmmm

senator69

They all have white on them

smitty

Yep. Primarily on the back legs. You think they might be "kin"????

senator69

Could be

Bubbadog

Smitty - you was trying to fool us wasn't you? Yeah I reckon that they are all kin - how? Who do they be?

smitty

Y'all are so durn smart I wouldn't dare try to fool ya......I know better! Forgive me if this one is a little tough. I'll give you a nuther hint:

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 TheSuperStockPedigree
_______________________________________________________________________________________

senator69

They all go back to the Allen family.

Sensation61

the 1st one is Roan Allen F-38
They all have him in their lineage.

smitty

That's close enough. I thought maybe Big Ed or Sadlbum or Deltaboy might get this one. Here's the answers:

Allan F-1 was the sire of....

Roan Allen F-38, who was the sire of....

Merry Boy, who was the sire of....

Little Merry Boy, who was the sire of...

Scatman M.C., who was the sire of...

The Super Stock!

(sorry if I threw a curveball on that one...)

Everett

I was thinking Mason might have shown all of -em -LOL

smitty

You are a funny man E!

Now, lets all let Deedy have a shot at one, just to get her in the groove...

Deedy.......

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 TomMoore

Who Dat???

Sensation61

Don't think this went throught the first time...but it's the infamous late Tom Moore, don't recognize the horse.

smitty

Sens61,

That's right. The "legend" himself. I went to high school with his girls back in the day. I think this picture was taken at Ellington Center in Nashville, but I can't remember the name of the horse. Mason will probably know.

I was at Freedom Hall the first time Tom won the WGC with "YORKTOWN".

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 DeedyDecker

I wonder Who Dat?

senator69

Looks like the one and only Deedy

Bubbadog

Look at Deedy Sue - ain't she precious? It's going to be so much fun to have her on board! I'm excited!

Sensation61

OMG...that was taken when I was 16 and showing gaited horses. The streak in the pony tail was the beginning of the blonde hair. Cindy the dog is the one I dyed pink. Smitty your good at digging up bones

smitty

Sensation61,

I had some help with that one. Many of the photos I post are sent in by Sadlbum, Mason and Jean. I do manage to find some on my own on the internet, but I have no old magazines to scan at present. Feel free to send me any old photos you may have. We are starting to run out.

I'm interested in knowing about your Saddlebred horses. Wasn't one of them a 3-gaited WC? Not many folks have shown both breeds. I have only known a few in Ky who have and am always intrigued to talk to multi-breed exhibitors because they are such a rare breed themselves!

ONEHOTMARE

I am so happy SENSATION61 is on here!

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Kodachrome

Who Dis?

senator69

Rollie and Kodachrome,one of the wildest looking and pretty horses in the world.

ONEHOTMARE

Yep Senator69, I remember him winning Manchester stake some years back. Must have been there.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Mftt

Anyone remember Who Dis'n?

senator69

My old boss,Mr. V.G."Red" Gochneur and Mr FTT

smitty

You got it Senator69,

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Answer

ONEHOTMARE

SENATOR69...Will you tell us some more about MR. RED? I never knew him.

Bubbadog

Senator 69 - were you working for them when Mr FTT died. If OHM doesn't know that tale you ought to tell it.

senator69

Bubba,do mean Mr.FTT or Mr. Fashion Two Twenty.Are you talking about the Cele?
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:37 pm

(Page 50)

Sensation61

Sen.69
Wasn't Fashion Two Twenty one of the horses lost in the Digby Palmer fire the last Sat. night of Celebration 1972?

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Delightfulsociety

Who Dat?

(...hope I'm not mistaken on this one....)

Sensation61

That's my uncle Eddie Boyd on our 2 time World Grand Champion walk-trot mare Delightful Society. Thanks fo putting her on.

Bubbadog

Sen 69 which one was it that died in the warm up ring at the Celebration?

senator69

Mr .Fashion Two Twenty was the one that died in the warm up ring.

smitty

Sensation61 wrote:
That's my uncle Eddie Boyd on our 2 time World Grand Champion walk-trot mare Delightful Society. Thanks fo putting her on.

Of course you are correct Sens61. Delightful Society, Three-Gaited World's Champion for the years 1959-1960. Don't know if I know of anyone who's owned WC's in both breeds.

Question: I ought to know this, but how is it determined if a Saddlebred is to be a 3-gaited or a 5-gaited show horse? Is it in the blood, or is it natural ability to rack/slow gait or is it a little of both?

Sensation61

It's bred in them, they just let you know what they need to be, some just have the ability to slow gait & rack more when you shake them in the bridle. You want one that trims well, the finer the better for a walk-trot. Some horses have shown in both divsions plus fine harness during it's show ring career. Our mare wasn't all that fine but she sure was a haint...she was to be my amateur horse the next show season but we had to put her down....and that's another story.

ONEHOTMARE

I hate to bring up tragedies, but I would like to know about the Digby Palmer fire in '72.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 JohnYoung

Who Dat?

Sensation61

Looks like a young John Young?

senator69

Looks like Papa John to me.

Graymare

OHM, the only thing I remember about the fire is that my Dad used to help Digby some and he kept saying the electricity in that place was a nightmare waiting to happen. Matter of fact, he got so scared about it that he brought our colt home and sold him. The fire was determined to be electrical if memory serves me correctly. I remember driving home from the show and seeing the embers. It was very sad. I can't remember if all the horses died or if some got out. Connie, do you remember this?

cb

Yes, I do remember the fire. I cringe when I hear of a barn fire.
However,I do not remember the horses involved.

Sensation61

I had come back to the Celebration in 72 for the first time since 66 or 67. We went out to see what happened the next morning, NEVER again will I go see a fire that horses are lost...the vision of the mounds that you knew were bodies have never really left my mind. I was thinking it was some of the Fashion Two Twenty horses but am real sure it was Joe Van Clayton...I know a lot perished and can't remember if any surived.

ONEHOTMARE

Was the barn that burnt on Railroad Ave? SENSATION61...I said the same thing about going to barn fires. I went out to Troy Yokleys the morning it burnt and I pray I never see anything like that again. Connie and Bill were so lucky they had the fire alarm.

Sensation61

OHM It was out 31-41 A North. It's the road to the right after you pass Allen Callaways and cross a concrete bridge. Gregory Mill road I think, the barn was about 1/4 mile downon the left from what I remember. Connie would know as I think you turn left around there to get to her house. They never rebuilt it, on down the road you turn right on Cartwright Road where Spoon (Frank Withersppon) had his barn. I've eaten lots of good BBQ there and I'm sure Majors and most likely Cissy have too.

senator69

I remember the fire but I had went back to work for Marvin Wilson and don't remember if Red had any horses out there or not.He could have and that might be where he lost Mr. FTT.I just don't remember.

smitty

Papa John Young is right.
Now....

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 BuddykirbyMackksbigstory

Who Dat???

senator69

my old friend the late Buddy Kirby and Mack K's Big Story.

Sensation61

Buddy was a talented masterhorseman, his wife Brenda is one of my very best friends, she told me after Mr. Sensation died, Buddy cryed and said "She rode him but I loved him".

smitty

(image missing)

What Dat???

ONEHOTMARE

Is that one of those annoying Cicada's or some type of locust? They'll be coming soon and I dread it. Any of ya'll heard them yet?

Bubbadog

Honey I LIKE to hear them at night - helps me sleep. But Lord they aren't very attractive are they?

Mason

Eddie Boyd(saddlebred trainer) was in a movie once in 1936 Lloyds of London
He doubled for Tyrone Power in some horse sequences
I am reading Jane Simmons book about her dad Art Simmons and found that in the book.Great book!
Mason

smitty

OHM,

They are already here and they're all over everything! This is not the same Cicada that you hear right around Celebration time, this is the 7-year Cicada.

I've heard they taste like chicken, some say shrimp. Now here's a great option for some of us who are struggling to make ends meet and ain't got our "Stimulus" check just yet:

Southern-Fried Cicada
Catch Cicadas at night before they dry and get hard, dip in egg mixture, coat with flour, deep fry, seasonwith salt and pepper, drizzle honey over them, enjoy. best of all these are high in protein and low in fat!

(kinda look like Crackerjacks don't they?)

cb

Uh....no thanks. Ewwww

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 RM

Who Dey?

Sensation61

Ronald Mosley, don't know who he's on.

smitty

Hint: This is a Ebony mare, I THINK she was started in middle Tn, perhaps by Billy Gray (???) MIGHT have been a filly WC, but again my mind is not too clear on that either. She was a juvenile horse in Ky shown by Kay Sparks. Bob McQuerry had her a while, Ronald won the N.C. Championship with her later on.

Mason

I've heard they taste like chicken, some say shrimp. Now here's a great option for some of us who are struggling to make ends meet and ain't got our "Stimulus" check just yet:

Southern-Fried Cicada
Catch Cicadas at night before they dry and get hard, dip in egg mixture, coat with flour, deep fry, seasonwith salt and pepper, drizzle honey over them, enjoy. best of all these are high in protein and low in fat!

(kinda look like Crackerjacks don't they?)

We dont have any YET...BET they would be good FRIED..WHAT AINT!
Mason

Rambler

Geez, that looks like an appetizer served with sushi.

ONEHOTMARE

MASON...I ain't seen or heard 'em out here. That recipe looks like a red neck escargot, think I'll stick with the BIG LICK CHICKEN.

Everett

Thanks guy's i just upchucked 3 times ( just kidding ) but if we get hungry enough ,that would look pretty good, i would have to be reallllllll hungry

smitty

The mare above is "Ebonette H." I'll bet that rings a bell.

These 17 year Cicadas have hatched out up here and are all over everything. They'll even get in the car with ya! These bugs seem to be different looking and LOUDER than your normal late summer Cicada.

Wonder if they'd make a good dip?

ONEHOTMARE

Smitty...keep those things up there! I have heard their already bad in east TN.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Knoxblackburn

Who Dat?

cb

That looks like a very young Knox Blackburn.

Everett

Is Dat you Smitty

smitty

Everett, that does resemble me a little, back when I was a kid, but I never wore a hat in juvenile classes.

Cbobo got it.............that's Knox Blackburn. Don't know the horse, but Sadlbum might.

ONEHOTMARE

Poor Knox had gall bladder surgery this week. I can't recall that horses name offhand.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 11:18 am

(Page 51)

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 BigBrown-1

WHO DIS?

......and will he do it?

Jean

GO BIG BROWN! I wont get to see the race, have to haul hay. But will be pulling for the big hoss.

senator69

Big Brown ,and yes it looks like he will,at least that is what his trainer says"goin away" was his exact words.

Bubbadog

Just look at him - he's got IT written all over him! GO BIG BROWN HORSE!
I am so excited this is the first Saturday afternoon that I haven't had to work in ages and I will actually be able to watch it as it happens instead of a replay. I will probably wet my big ole panties!

cb

Oh, WOW, what a beautiful picture to paint.

Sensation61

Mason
You reminded me I've got to order Jane Simmons book, she stopped by from FL. on her way to Lexington to do research for it several years ago and spent the night. Eddie Boyd worked for Art at one time. Besides the movie, which he often told me was the beginning and the end of his Hollywood days...too many takes, he hated it. He also was the one that delivered the saddlebred that was given to Pres. Roosevelt way back when.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 SD

Who Dat?

cb

I believe that is Sarah Dunn.

makethecut

Is Sarah riding Handshaker's Carbpm?

smitty

Yes that's Sara.
Makethecut, you are correct as well, that's Handshaker's Carbon.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Whiteywhitehead

Who Dat Cat?

Bubbadog

Ain't that Whitey? I don't know the horse.

sadlbum

Smitty,
I agree He looks like Paul Whitehead but also looks like d**k Myers.

smitty

Whitey is is!

That looks like that Handshaker's Queen mare Whitey used to show up around these parts. I remember Paul being a real positive, fun, gung-ho kind of guy when he trained in Ohio.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Pushover

Who Dis Hoss?

Everett

Could that be Pride of Midnight ?

smitty

No........but he was out of a Pride mare.....

ONEHOTMARE

FRIDAY NIGHT BLUES???

smitty

No, that's not it.

Hint: This horse had two white socks behind that are not seen in the photo.

ONEHOTMARE

I don't know but I have seen this photo. First I thought E.T., until you said PRIDE mare.

smitty

This horse was not originally from Tennessee....

smitty

and that horse is...............

T H E P U S H O V E R

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Williamharris

Who Dat???

Last edited by smitty on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Everett

Is that a very young SPOON

smitty

no sir, no sir........dat ain't the Spoon man...

senator69

E, might be one of Spoon's young'ins,look at the year.

smitty

Honestly, I don't remember this fellow, but according to the name on the photo Sadlbum sent in, he is not a Witherspoon.

Everett

I know him, i just can't think of it, after looking close i can tell thats not Frank

cb

Smitty, are you sure that's Heidi ?
It does not look like her at all.

ONEHOTMARE

That looks like Howard Mayberry who trains in AL.

Everett

OHM
I think you are right, thats who i was thinking of, just couldn't recall his name,smitty will let us know

smitty

The gentleman's name according to Sadlbum, is "William Harris."

Cbobo,
Now that you mention it, I'm not sure that's her. I am going to delete that photo immediately.

ONEHOTMARE

I still think that's Howard and William wouldn't have been that old in '84. Ramsey will know cause' William worked for him a pretty long time.

Everett

Now i am confussed, that could be William Harris

ONEHOTMARE

I want to know who dat THE FONZ is riding and he kinda favors COLLECTOR. Ramsey says that is not William Harris, but Howard. Then again, Ramsey's vision ain't what it use to be.

smitty

Well, you certainly have a good eye OHM, because THE FONZ is riding Ebony's Collector! Sadlbum will have to answer on the photo as to whether it's Harris or Howard.

smitty

In the meantime.....

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Triplethreat

Who Dat?

Bubbadog

If it ain't William Harris, it sure does look like him - I believe that it is him.
Tony - what do you think? Ted would know. Was he at Joe Martin's in 84?

Mason

I'd vote William Harris
Mason

smitty

This horse's papers were accidently burned and he was not re-registered until he was 5 years old.....

Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:01 pm

(Page 52)

smitty

Triple Threat is the horse above.

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 RebroomeEbsMoonlightLady

Who Dey?
cb

Looks like Ronnie and Irene Spears and the Broome's.

smitty

That's correct Cbobo. The horse is Eb's Moonlight Lady. When I think of R.E. Broome, I always think of that walking little mare Magic Spell.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Odieadcock

Who......???

Jean

looks like Odie Adcock & Ravens Touch Of Class

smitty

Jean gets it. That's Odie Adcock. Don't know the horse, but you sound like you do, so I'll take your word for it.

(ok........now somebody tell me who Odie Adcock is....)

smitty

This one's for you walking horse history buffs.....

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Whodisnhuh

This picture was taken in 1891. This foundation mare is the dam of one of the most influential early breeding horses of all time.

Who Is Dat?

ONEHOTMARE

They are from PA. Mr. Odie is still around but I haven't seen him show lately. His son Bob, and grandaughter Ashley compete now in performance. They have a great 2 yr old filly at Callaways (Black Jack Fantasy) plus several at their barn in PA. Sam McLaughlin (SC) is currently their trainer in PA. RAVENS TOUCH OF CLASS was a top plantation hoss back in the mid or late 80's (can't remember exactly) but I'm sure he was a WC more than once.

Sensation61

Lizzie dam of Brown Hal ?

ONEHOTMARE

Smitty...You can't miss Ashley Adcock (Bob's daughter). She's gorgeous and blonde.

smitty

Good guess, Sens61,

.....but I think maybe it was a little later than that.

BigEd

I think Mason is some relation to the Adcocks.
Eddie

scooter

Smitty,
Is that by any chance Black Allan's dam?

Jean

That is ALLIS F85. She is in the pedigree of the champagne horse i just sold.

smitty

Jean,

You are on a roll girl. Allis F-85 is correct.
She was the Dam of Hunter's Allen.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Hominia

Who Dat'n Y'all??

Sensation61

Susan Gordon

smitty

Correct! Here's on hint on the horse:

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Aijg

Sensation61

Red Streaker...Ebony's I think ?

smitty

You got it!

next up....

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Ohmygoodness

Who-A-Dat?

smitty

Anyone remember this "Delight" juvenile horse?

ONEHOTMARE

Could it be SHADY LADY? Not sure of the rider.

smitty

No, not Shady Lady.

The rider's first name is PHILLIP.

ONEHOTMARE

I don't know Phillip. Sorry

smitty

I guess I'm the only one who remembers this one.

That's "What A Delight" and Phillip McAdam.

ONEHOTMARE

Is that the same WHAT A DELIGHT mare, the Putmans from AL owned? I still see Wayne at the Angus sales.

smitty

I don't know OHM, I do remember that juvenile horse though.

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Whodey-1

Who Dey?

Bubbadog

It's Daddy Bud Seaton grinning like a possum!

Everett

Bubbadog
Fun you said possum, thats Elmore (possum) Brock with Bud

Bubbadog

Ain't it though - sho is Elmo!

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 JohnnieJack

????

Everett

Johnny & Jack

smitty

Yessiree E, the boys from the Grand Ole Opry. I don't think they were ever inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, but probably deserve to be.
Here's a few videos of Johnny & Jack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3r6ubHLk2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF-zJZwlKws

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Philipwilsoncentennialdelight

Who Dat?

Everett

That looks like Phillip Wilson and Cennetial Delight

smitty

Everett, you are right.

Can anyone name this horse's 3 biggest wins?

Everett

He wa WGC 2yr.old and i'm thinking 4 yr. studs and Amt. 15.2 WGC

smitty

You're right on the two year old WGC. I'm thinking he was the Open Amateur WGC as well. Don't know about the Four Year Old.

He was also the Trainer's Show Champion one year.

Bubbadog

Nope - Centennial did not win the amateur class, but didn't he win the international one year?

smitty

I'm showing he did win the Amateur WC in 1989.

http://www.walking-horse.com/champion/1989-world.html
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:16 pm

(Page 53)

Bubbadog

DID ARLENE STILL HAVE HIM?

ONEHOTMARE

If I'm correct, the Putmans (AL) bought Centennial from Arlene. Paul Watlington was their trainer for awhile and also Steve Aymett. There may have been others, I can't remember. Seems like Wayne was riding him in '89.

Bubbadog...I'm certain the Putman's owned him a few yrs prior to '89.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Wayneabee

Who Dis?

Everett

That be Wayne Abee, but don't know the horse

smitty

Yes, that is Wayne. I forgot the name of the horse.
Maybe Sadlbum will know.

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Paulwatlingtoncountdownscorpion

Anyone know Who Dat?

ONEHOTMARE

Paul Watlington?

smitty

OHM.

You're right, that's Paul. Anyone know the horse?

He's was a real "stinger"........

smitty

"Countdown's Scorpion" is the horse above.

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 What

What DAT?

Everett

I don't no ,but sho is UGLY

smitty

DAT................is a newborn baby POSSUM!

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Purtyhoss

Now, Who Dat?

Bubbadog

Claude Crowley and Pride's Generator

smitty

That's right Bubbadog. I always wanted a horse with a flax mane & tail, but never did own one.

grits

I own a Pride's Generator son, he looks nutin' like his daddy, musta took after his momma's side or maybe the milk man.

Bubbadog

Hey grits - good to see you!

smitty

Yay!

Grits is back!

Grits, maybe you could change his name to "Generated by Milkman"

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Datboy

Who Dey?

rwitherington1

Either the picture or my eyes are a little fuzzy, but is that Buist Carr from Goodlettsville?

smitty

No RW, that's not Buist, although it does resemble him somewhat.

smitty

Hint: The rider trained out of Alabama at one time, I think. The horse, I believe is out of Shades Of Carbon.

grits

Hey Y'all... now that could be my horse IF that horse had a blaze and his right eye was blue... I know I'm wrong about the rider but he kinda looks like Rodney (termite) d**k...

ONEHOTMARE

d**k Peebles?

smitty

D i c k Peebles is correct! I vaguely remember the horse.

grits

well it's nice to know at least one thing in my life hasn't changed... I still live in the state of confusion...

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 ErnestT

Who Dat Lady?

ONEHOTMARE

Smitty...That's the horse that throws ROCKS! We really need a video, they are very impressive.

smitty

What about BRICKS? .......can he throw BRICKS?

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Ernest

All jokes aside, that's a nice looking animal and I bet he's fun to ride!

smitty

That is our newest member AUTUMN and her versatile SSH "Ernest T. "

o.k.............lemme see what I got here..............

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Ingagoddavidda

Who Dat???

Jean

Looks like a young Stacey McConnell & The Ghost Who Walks

smitty

Right Jean. That was a memorable pair was it not?

Now, here's an old photo of someone most old timers will recognize.
Mason will have to give the answer on this one, since I'll be gone for several days.

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 MissouriHorsespage5

Who is Dat

Everett

Sorry Gang
Smitty sent me some stuff to post on this thread, but i can't get it to work,ya'll know i ain't to swift on this thang, so if any of you know how to post some pictures on this Who's Dat , feel free to do so, by time smitty gets back we will know why he is so important to this site

Bubbadog

That's okay E - I wouldn't be able to figure it out either - I still don't know if I could even figure out how to scan and email.

ONEHOTMARE

Think that's S.W and BLACK ANGEL. I have seen that photo numerous times, in the past.

Graymare

OHM, I never realized how much Ray looks like S.W.

smitty

OHM,

You are correct. That is SW and Black Angel !!!

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Candacewulffebonygbsdream

Who Dat?

Everett

I don't know, but she looks like a Pro, check out those stirrups, looking at it again, looks like Ronald Youngs Daughter

smitty

Good guess, but it's not Ronal's daughter, although she too is a little bitty thing as well. This mare in my humble opinion was one of the walkingest I've ever seen...

ONEHOTMARE

Is that GO BOY'S DREAM and Candice Wulff? The rider does look like Beth Young Lawell.

smitty

OHM, you're right, it's Ebony Go Boy's Dream and Candace Wulff.
I'll never forget that mare, she's etched into my memory.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:36 pm

(Page 54)

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Ernestuptonmarksimpressive

So Who Dis One?
Everett

That is Ernest Upton
senator69

Ernest and Joe Martin just showed in Arab and won 2 or 3 classes.Had a good weekend.
smitty

The horse Ernest is riding in that photo is "Mark's Impressive". Probably by Mark of Carbon (?)

I don't think I recall this horse, but some of you may.
ONEHOTMARE

Who was the older lady (I'm not trying to be rude) that use to show that horse and won alot?
smitty

Which horse are you referring to OHM?

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Prideshurricane

Who Dat'n?
Bubbadog

Jimmy McConnell and I think Pride's Hurricane
ONEHOTMARE

Sorry Smitty...I was referring to the lady that rode MARK'S IMPRESSIVE. ( I can see her now, but I may be confused on the horse).

Bubbadog...I know you right on that one
Bubbadog

OHM it wasn't Mrs Ruth Carter was it?

And for the record - Pride's Hurricane could FLY round the ring just like a hurricane.
makethecut

Was the lady that rode Mark's Impressive Opal Lee?
Bubbadog

Tone I KNEW that your big old brain contained the answer to that question.
ONEHOTMARE

Thanks MTC! I knew someone on here would remember her.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Group1

Who Dey?
cb

I have never seen that picture. I know everyone in the picture. I'm not sure if anyone will know the couple shown.
Sensation61

Katie Marrow (Sp), ?, Jackie McConnell, Benny Johnson, Jill Holt
Bubbadog

Whatever happened to Jill?
Sensation61

She's still living in Shelbyville, married to a Banker
Bubbadog

Boy that's a switch ain't it?
senator69

I don't know Bubba ole Sonny knows how to take it to the Bank.LOL
Bubbadog

Whoo-ha Sen 69 - that's a good one!
cb

The couple....Tim and Katie Mowery from Pennsylvania. They are married to other people now....we still hear from Tim on occasion. They owned Pride's Nightmare a great little mare that Bill had.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Tyirbythreatsebonyflash

Who Day-ut?
Everett

That looks like T. Irby but no ideal of the horse
Sensation61

Speaking of Holt...On the way back from M'boro yesterday...I stopped by his barn at Spiller Hill...he's just the same ole Holt, spit polished and looking for a sponsor. It was his B-day and we had a lot of laughs about the good ole days...was great visiting with him. Robbie was there and so was Janice...you know Robbie added a lot of flavor to the conversations....
deltaboy

There was a story going around several years ago about a man who got in the Walking Horse business in early December needing to spend $1 million by the end of the year. There was a unanimous recommendation as to how he could achieve that in one move...hire Sonny Holt!
Sensation61

That's our Sonny, first class all the way...he's a living legend.
Everett

Last time i was in Tn. ,i stopped by Sonny's, Janice and Robbie was there, haven't seen those ladies in years. I didn't know Sonny and Jill was not still together, i was talking to Janice and called her Mrs. Cass, then Sonny said thats Mrs. Holt , . Sonny is trying to get on the Site but is having problems like we all did at one time, but he will figure it out one day.
smitty

I sent Sonny directions on how to get on here, but never heard back from him. I think Robbie is already registered here, but haven't seen her since.
Anyone out there who needs help getting on can email me at:

timmbur@windstream.net

I will help all I can.

The horse Ty Irby is riding is Threat's Ebony Flash. I believe this horse is a bay and originated in Kentucky and was started by Billy Jackson. Bob McQuerry had him later on. I used to knock heads with him in the Amateur class and on several occasions in the Stake Class with Bob riding.

Funny thing..........I always beat him in the Amateur class, but he always came out ahead when a trainer was showing him.

hmmmmmm.................
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 REVE

"_____ ______ ___ " ???
Everett

I don't know, but looks like a pony and i bet he was a Good one
Everett

Come on folks, that a BAD ,BAD Pony,who it is
Jean

Looks like Reves Little Boy, & the young man was a Martin i think
smitty

I somehow knew Jean would get this one!

That's Reve and Ben Martin in his later years. One of my all-time top favorite horses. He was a very special animal.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Pridesmerrygoldscottbenham

Who Dat?
senator69

Maybe Scott Benham and Pride of Merry Gold.
smitty

Correct on all counts! Amateur World Champ. Big swingy hoss, could do a bunch as I recall.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Springer

wHo dAt?? ?? ?
Everett

Thats one of the crowds favorites--Jerry Springer
smitty

Yup,

That's Mr. Jerry up on ole "Pride's White Trash."
Bubbadog

hate to be nit picky BUT - Pride's Merry Gold
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:54 pm

(Page 55)

smitty

Oops........you right again B•dog!
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Kevingower

Who Dat Bo?
Bubbadog

Is it Kevin Gower?
smitty

Yes, that's Kevin. He reminds me a little of Larry Bird.

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 P1_bird

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Hoooooooo

How Bout Dat?
senator69

maybe Ray Gilmer
Bubbadog

YEP - who is that presenting the trophy - it looks kind of like a very young and svelte Billy Morgan.
senator69

sure does
smitty

The name of the horse is Ebony's Excalibur.
Anyone recall him?
makethecut

Excalibur was a WC Amateur horse. He is one of the last Ebony horses alive and is standing in Eagleville I think.
senator69

I remember Excalibur well.He was a Great little horse.He used to stand at Bridlewwod and I would visit there to see him.He is really getting up in age.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Browns

Hey Hey Who Dey?
Everett

That be The Browns--Jim Ed ,and sisters
smitty

You got it, E! You a whiz on this country music trivia.

Here's The Browns doing "Three Bells" way back in 1965:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nh6pTedQgY&feature=related
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Leeches

Hoo Day?
Everett

I know--I know, but i will let someone else answer
cb

J.T. & Marianne Leech
smitty

Yes, Cbobo. That's a pretty old picture sent in by Sensation61. I wonder what year that is?

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Shades

Who Dis?
Bubbadog

That's Judy
smitty

.....and Shades. Reportedly the most expensive horse ever during that time.
Does anyone know how much money was paid for Shades?
Bubbadog

I used to know but this is one of the many thangs that has slipped my BRAIN - around $200 thousand?
senator69

Look at them little anklets on Shades.Hard tell how much they weighed.LOL
Bubbadog

PLENTY
Everett

I would guess 36 oz, they could make one climb, if they had any climb there

Smitty seems to me he sold for 226,000 at the time
ONEHOTMARE

It must have been a struggle for Judy and SHADES to accomplish what they did. SHADES developed a bacterial infection April '76 and nearly died, but Judy nursed him back to health. Then another setback happened during early part of the Celebration 1976. SHADES threw a shoe and part of a hoof. Judy credits a farrier and his skill for being responsible that SHADES could show. Anyone remember this farrier? He reportedly worked from 12:30 a.m. until 4:00 a.m. replacing the shoe.

E...that was alot of MOOLA back then
Everett

ohm
I think the farrier was John Smyth, John shod for them for years
senator69

E,yes and he was also one of the best.
ONEHOTMARE

No, the farrier was LeRoy Rogers. I do agree with you on John being one of the best and he shod at Martin's for many years. His son "Smitty" is now one of the top farriers in middle TN.
Everett

ohm
I never heard of of Mr. LeRoy Rogers, I thought i knew all the Blacksmiths in that area ,he might be kin to Roy Rogers
BigEd

I think those lead ring boots that Shades have on could weigh a maximum of 32 oz. Anybody remember the Hinson lead and oil boot that replaced them?
Eddie
smitty

Was that the clear plastic bracelet with oil inside?
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 RPMBudDunn-1

Who Dis?
Everett

I can't recall, but Mr. Bud always showed a SHOW horse, they all would set up in that bridle
smitty

That's RPM.

One horse Mr. Bud rode that nobody's mentioned was Yankee Delight. Pretty good horse, but not quite WGC material I guess. I don't know whatever happened to Yankee......
senator69

I think he went on to be a top Am. horse if I'm not mistaken.
big'n

i sure wish i could have seen Shades show in person. I went by Joe Martins today he's got a feild full of good lookin yearlings. I have always liked RPM
senator69

Big'un,ole Shades was a pretty fair horse and Judy could train about as good as anybody that ever rode one.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 FrankieandCompany

Who Dey?
ONEHOTMARE

Ashley, Frankie Jo, and Jarrett. Those young un's have matured too soon, makes me feel sooo old.
smitty

Yes, OHM, that's the offspring of Joe & Barbara Shelton, may they rest in peace. I miss them both very much. I think Frankie & Co. will be at Owingsville this week. I hope to go up and see them there, but I'm unsure if I will be able to or not at this point.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:58 am

(Page 56)

smitty

Mystery Horse

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 MysteryHorse

This stallion is made up of the parts of 3 different World Grand Champions.
See if you can guess which 3 they are.
Everett

My Guess
Another Masterpiece --Head
Mc K's Handershaker's Neck and body
The Super Stock's Hips and Back Legs
smitty

Everett,

You are correct on The Super Stock, but not on the rest, although you a very close.
Everett

How about-Another Masterpiece- Withers up
Ebony Masterpiece-Withers to Back Hips
smitty

It is Ebony Masterpiece from the neck on down to the back end......now all you need is the head.
Everett

Shakers Shocker or Delight of Pride
smitty

The head is none other than Mack K's Handshaker.
sadlbum

I was gonna say:

Ebony's Senator - head
Ebony Masterpiece -neck & Back
Super Stock - hips
senator69

So who is the mystery horse?I've seen that pic before.
ONEHOTMARE

Speaking of heads...I will never forget DUDE'S BLACK ALLEN and that jughead of his, but I loved him. As far as head shaking, DIXIE BELLE will always be my fav.
smitty

S69,

The mystery horse is "Stock's Ebony Handshaker".
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 HollyLidell

Who Dat Gal?
sadlbum

Bloggsters,
Can Ya'll name that famous Dude at the end of Ole RPM's nostrils?
smitty

......only FAMOUS dude I can think of would be BOBBY JO JONES !!!
sadlbum

Smitty,
WRONG famous Dude! He's even FAMOUSERR!
Everett

Thatd Holly Liddell in the upper picture
Everett

Sadlbum
I do believe thats YOU in that picture
smitty

Yep,

That's the Kentucky Legend herself, The devine Ms. "L"......Holly Liddell !
She tied 2cd at M'boro.

.....hey, that does look a bit like Sadlbum.......???
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Bgfp

Now Hoo DAT?
ONEHOTMARE

Where did you get that picture of Holly? That's my horse but his right ear is NOT really that long. It appears Holly's tie and the right ear are connected. Thanks for posting it and we were tickled to even get a ribbon. This horse has not been shown since he was two, until Sat night.
smitty

OHM,

I paused the video and took a screen capture shot, then cropped it down in Photoshop. We really need to get Holly straitened out and back on here.
Nice hoss! I had no idea it was yours.

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Wolfgang

"Veeeery Interesting!"
BigEd

Billy Gray and Flashy Pride???
Eddie
smitty

.......actually that's Arte Johnson as Wolfgang from "Laugh-In"

But seriously, you are correct Ed. That is Flashy with Billy up, maybe in Missouri???
smitty

OHM,

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 HollyAction

Here's an action shot.
What's the breeding on this horse and who trains him?
ONEHOTMARE

Smitty...he's by Gen's Way High Willie and out of a Jubilee Star mare. He is a nice horse (not great) but has a BIG BIG motah. Chad Ways been working him for a few months now. He needs to be a gelding and I believe oneday, he will make some youngster a top juv horse. I was lookin' forward to showing him, but noway, until my cracked ribs heal.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Pushersbennyboywallacebrandon

Who Dat?
big'n

Pusher's Benny Boy and Wallace Brandon
smitty

Big'n,

You got it right on the nose. Pusher's Benny Boy and Wallace Brandon, who I THINK may have showed at the very first Celebration in 1939, or at least I think I heard that somewhere. That would probably make him the oldest person still showing.
Everett

Wallace is 75, i was talking to Paul Smith over the weekend, we were talking about all those guys, Paul is 85 and said wallace was 10yrs. younger than him.
ONEHOTMARE

Rec'd my CELEBRATION packet today. Can't believe this will be 70th annual. Doubtful anyone on here attended the first one...but if so please let us know.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Memorylane1
makethecut

1- Shaker's Reward and Steve Amyett
3-Wilda Derickson?
4-Go Boy's Fancy Pants
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 1954

Could be Anke Longest.......I don't really know. I do know this horse has ties to Florida somehow.
smitty

Anyone know....

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Hoozatn

Who Dat?
ONEHOTMARE

Looks like MAN O WAR and his handler, Will Hobert or Hubert.
deltaboy

Will Harbut described Man 'O War as "de mostest hoss". I believe he is also the man who said that "until you've been to Kentucky and seen the Derby, you ain't been nowhere and you ain't seen nothin'!"
smitty

OHM & DB,

That is indeed Man O' War and Mr. Will Harbut. Here's another photo taken of "de mostest hoss" at age 22 near Lexington in 1939. I could almost agree with Mr. Harbut on "de doiby".

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Ap_man_o_war_070906_ssv

smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Memorylane3
ONEHOTMARE

(3) The great PRIDE OF MIDNIGHT

(4) Is that the Plemmons (TRUE GRIT) or Perot's on the left?
Bubbadog

#2 Allen Callaway - Mahogany Sensation?
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:57 pm

(Page 57)

Everett

3--Pride of Midnight
1--Ebony's Succesor
smitty

You guys got questions #1 and 3 right........still looking for answers for #2 and #4.....
deltaboy

#4 The Cooleys from Illinois on the left & the Hunt family from Jonesboro, Ark. on the right?
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 ML3Answers
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 CharliemartinMidnightSunsAngel

Who Dat?
Everett

That looks like a young Charlie Martin
smitty

Let's pick up right HERE:

img]https://2img.net/h/i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/timmbur/DJPrideOfPanolaGusBlanch.jpg[/img]

Who Dat?

Hint: This horse was a grandsire of one of the prettiest WGCs.......
smitty

......anyone want to guess at this'n?
smitty

The horse is Pride Of Panola with Gus Blanch(something) up. (I can't read all of his last name) The photo was taken at the Dixie Jubilee. Pride Of Panola was a grandsire of Another Masterpiece.
smitty

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 FACES-1

Who Dey?
________________________________________________________________________________________

sadlbum

Smitty, these won't be in order
Bob Cherry, Winky & Sheila Groover, David Polk, Ricky Womack, John Harney, Newton Parks, Rodney d**k, Sue Ann Dowell, Phillip Wilson, Mary Ellen Aroux, Dee Cantrell, Rollie Beard & I won't give one of the others space on this FREE thread!
ONEHOTMARE

I'll try & finish...
Wayne & Frieda Dean
Jim & Jeanne Gullett (life vest)
Karen & Mike Inman
David Howard
Robin McDonald
Lynda & Ben Brogdan
Sam Sorrell
deltaboy

That was Gus Blanchard on Pride of Panola. Pride of Panola became an outstanding breeding horse in Mississippi. He stood at Mr. J. Mack Jones' farm in Port Gibson, Miss.
smitty

Thanks for the info DB. I thought the gentleman's name was Blanchard, but I wasn't sure. Here's another photo of Pride of Panola and some info on him I found elsewhere. He was quite a nice-looking animal.

Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 PrideofPanola

"We want to quote here from a February 1980 Voice article on Pride of Panola (by Larry Gribble):

“Another factor which Pride had going for him was his outstanding beauty and the ability to pass it on. Pride will be remembered as the one horse that sired the most beautiful of all Tennessee Walkers. No other stallion has passed on the ability to “wear the bridle” quite like Pride of Panola.”

In the Voice of March 1977 we found a reprint of text from March 1967 on Pride of Panola:

“This sire was especially loved by Southern Mississippians. During his show career Pride never wore heavy shoes, boots or chains and from this he was noted as being one of the few “natural” walking horses.”
ONEHOTMARE

Ramsey considered Larry Gribble to be one of the most knowledgeable judges of TWH flesh, ever.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

deltaboy

I spent a lot of time with L. Gribble over the years, from the time he had a silver blue Thunderbird with a chauffeur to the times he was living out of his beat-up Mazda. I remember introducing him to some WH newcomer one night by saying he "knew more about WH pedigrees than any man living or dead". Grib's reply was... "another useless skill...perfected"!
Sensation61

Gribble was a dear friend, I to spent a lot of time around him...a mind like a steel trap when it came to walking horses, oh, the tales he could tell.
deltaboy

I believe he literally had a photographic memory. He was the most colorful character I ever encountered in my life!
sadlbum

Deltaboy,
Welcome back, if You don't mind tellum about, according to Gribble, full brothers ain't always bookends.
deltaboy

When someone was extolling the virtues of full brothers [Gold Coin & Genius in this case] one time, Gribble replied "full brothers don't mean nothin'. Hell, look at me & Junior"! [Clinton Gribble, Jr. weighed about 180 pounds, was solid as a rock, & didn't talk much, either.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trivia Archive 1   Trivia Archive 1 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trivia Archive 1
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7