WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.

Go down 
+25
Mister
carol edwards
rooster
samara_farms
Ritz-A-Roo
scooter
Hill
rhinestone
Rambler
curbchain
Jean
Horsegurl1
MirallyMeadows
Old Graymare
Black Fantasy 1
senator69
The Man in Black
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
sensation61
Bubbadog
Everett
grits
twhboss
smitty
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
rhinestone

rhinestone

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:41 pm

MIB, I consulted with my equine hairdresser. She says that you need to use hair bleach. This can be bought at Sally's. The other stuff is not strong enough to get the yellow out. She is really a people hairdresser, but she actually used to go to the horse show with me to fix my gelding's mane when he scrubbed it out. He is probably the only horse that uses Paul Mitchell products in his mane.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:39 am

Thanks R S, I'll try to locate a Sally's and get some of that thar hair bleach.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:34 am

Coming tomorrow on WHT:

A historical look back at Columbia Mule Day, which begins tomorrow and ends Sunday.

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Animatedhome_6ifw
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 am

Smitty, I like the Mule Day slide show.
Yesterday, I was eating lunch at Hardees in Woodbury. I was by a window & a 4 mule hitch of sorrel mules & a wagon went by.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:26 am

Columbia Mule Day

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Img_0453-smallJPG

"Mule Day, an annual celebration of all things related to mules, is held in Columbia, Tennessee, the self-proclaimed "Mule Capital" of the world. Begun in 1840 as "Breeder's Day", a meeting for mule breeders, it now attracts over 200,000 people and takes place over four days. In addition to mules, traditional Appalachian food, music, dancing, and crafts are featured.

"Mule Day" has been a popular Columbia tradition for nearly 170 years, since the 1840s. It began as "Breeder's Day", a single day livestock show and mule market event held on the first Monday in April. Over time, "Mule Day" evolved from a single day event into a multi-day festival, attracting thousands of attendees, lasting almost a week. According to its official website, the heavy involvement of Maury County in the mule industry caused the event to grow for a time into "one of the largest livestock markets in the world."

If you visit during Mule Day celebrations, you might see a square dance, a mule-driving contest, a horse show, a crafts festival, or attend a flea market. Other events include "working mule", "best of breed", lumberjack competitions and the Liar's Contest, a rural-themed story-telling competition. Food served at the event includes barbecue, roasted corn, home-made pies and funnel cakes. Since 1934,the festival has been highlighted by a "Mule Day Parade" held on Saturday during the celebration. Floats in the parade compete, with winners in each judged category receiving awards such as ribbons or money. The contest for the Mule Day Queen is also held on Saturday. The competition is open to contestants age 15 to 21. The winner is selected based on an essay and other criteria. The annual mule pull contest requires a pair of mules to pull a sled loaded with cinder blocks 10 feet. Each pair is given 3 tries to make it the full 10 feet. The team that pulls the most weight wins."

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 MuleCollage1
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:31 am

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Img841

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Img844

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Picture10

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Picture8

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Picture9

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Columbia-mule-day-1930s

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Img840
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:36 am

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 21744

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 21747

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Img845

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Img846

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Img847

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Picture3
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:41 am

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 21672

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 LucilleKeithColumbiaMuleDay

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Picture1

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Picture2

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Picture4

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Picture5

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Picture6

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Picture7
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:29 am

Some great pix' of mule day past, I'm thinking about going sat. Will sit on town side of RR overpass, town side on rock wall.
About 25 years ago BUDDY BLACK & Jack Strode a famous black Tn mule man, got up a 20 mule hitch of red sorrels & drove them in the Woodbury Good Old Days parade. Never seen that at Col. but have seen the Bud Clydesdales & Coors Belgians.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Mules were a big part of the first Celebrations. Low Rider
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 10:59 pm

MIB, How's that white tail coming along? Another one of my hairdresser friends said that baking soda works wonders too.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:50 am

R S, I did find a Sally's and bought some hair bleach and that is some powerful stuff! It got out about 75% of the stains. I can't believe ladies actually put this stuff on their heads affraid
I'll get some baking soda and see if that will finish the job. Thanks for the advice. Big Smile
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:19 am

I watched a movie that Chris Rock did about African/American hair styling - the stuff that is used to condition hair is some scary stuff - hair must be really tough to withstand all the beautification that women put it through in a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Isn't that the truth!! Maybe MIB needs to give that tail a mayo treatment after the bleach. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scooter

scooter

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:48 pm

MIB:
Consulted with beauty college teacher. She suggested to remove the remnant of the stain after bleaching try the following. Put horse in sun and keep tail wet with regular hydrogen peroxide until the color is lifted to the desired color. The sun is a vital part of the treatment according to her. If the regular drug store hydrogen peroxide isn't strong enough, you can buy a food grade peroxide at health food stores. It is a stronger solution. But she advised not keeping this stronger solution next to the skin for an extended time in the sun. Hydrogen peroxide is not supposed to be as damaging as the bleach.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks Scooter. The one thing we got plenty of here is sun Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 39096
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Back to top Go down
twhboss

twhboss

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Einstein is cool! Low Rider
Back to top Go down
ONEHOTMARE

ONEHOTMARE

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:53 am

After seeing Einstein on GMA, this wk...Ramsey is highly fascinated with the little fellar. Said he may breed a mare to him. Rolling Eyes
I just hope Einstein survives and lives a normal life.

Jean...What you think about baby Einstein?
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:34 am

I'm with you Sheila - I hope that he lives a normal life. It's actually kind of scary.

Jean - some neighbors of mine got a mini mare and foal - I haven't seen them yet so I don't know how "mini" they really are. The do not have any way to put them up at night - weren't very prepared - how vulnerable do you think that they will be to the coyotes in our area? Are they as defensive as shetland ponies?
Back to top Go down
sadlbum

sadlbum

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 am

Smitty,
Thanks for the Einstein clip, the one down at the bottom is good too!
Back to top Go down
rhinestone

rhinestone

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:56 am

He's precious!!! He makes me think of my late mother. She always wanted a minature horse.
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Einstein is a cutie. We had a 15"colt one year. Most were 17-20". I always put my babies up at night for the first month or so. Never had any trouble and we do have coyotes around. They could kill a baby. Even the mare if several got together.
Back to top Go down
http://LEESMINIMART.synthasite.com
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:16 am

From The Pittsburgh Press, Dec 11, 1938

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 1938TennesseansLikeToRide
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:43 pm

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 DrWBBoydCoaster

Dr. W.B. Boyd in front of the Tennessee State Flag riding "Coaster".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.   Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pleasure, Trail, Versatility, etc.
Page 14 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WHT Chat :: Walking Horse Trivia Board :: The Barn Office-
Jump to: