WHT Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WHT Chat

Tennessee Walking Horse Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories

Go down 
+18
Corky
Jean
twhboss
Hill
MirallyMeadows
grits
curbchain
scooter
Rambler
Old Graymare
senator69
sensation61
Bubbadog
ONEHOTMARE
sadlbum
rwitherington1
The Man in Black
smitty
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
smitty
Admin
smitty

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:43 am

I'm thinking Sam Caldwell may have started Mud Slide Slim.
I remember the Mark of Delight horse Bill had. I was thinking Harvey LeFevers had him, but I could be wrong.
There were several horses named Mark Of Delight around that time.
Back to top Go down
https://thebarnoffice.forumotion.net
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:48 am

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 DeaconsGoodTimeMargaretOppenheimer
Deacon's Good Time & Margaret Oppenheimer
Back to top Go down
thirdworkout

thirdworkout

PostSubject: thirdworkout   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:37 am

Mark of Delight that Bill Bailey had is the same one Elmore Brock had
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:06 am

Sam Caldwell did start Mud when he was working for the Martin's in Alabama.
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:18 am

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 MarkOfDelight

Mark of Delight & Elmore Brock.
I think Bill Bailey won the Ohio Celebration stake with him one year.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:49 am

Ole Possum looks like he was born to ride Cowboy
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:31 pm

maskr8ng wrote:
Dot did have Mud Slide Slim for a short while before Dot's health deterioriated to the point he had to quit training. He was an awfully cute pony and that day I rode him in the hallway of the barn with just a halter and lead shank. Lots of fun!

But, no, to answer your question, Dot did not start Mud. I believe Brian and Anita Martin from Alabama were his either first or early owners, and the first time I remember seeing Mud Anita was showing him.

The Woods owned him sometime after that, and I remember showing against Mud and the girls in the late 70's.

dds
I think it was around 1980 when Rick was working for me. The best I remember, Rick had been Gone from Dot's for about 5 or 6 years. Rick was a "peeler" , not a walking horse trainer.

Last edited by High Chaparral on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:34 pm

thirdworkout wrote:
Mark of Delight that Bill Bailey had is the same one Elmore Brock had
Did you ever see Bailey show him? If you did, was he still a good hoss?
Back to top Go down
sensation61

sensation61

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:54 pm

posted this way earlier, when Sam started Mud Slide he let me ride him one day...he was like trying to ride a wiggle worm. Doing so must and legs going ever which way.
Back to top Go down
The Man in Black

The Man in Black

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:44 pm

I remember at the Celebration one year Susan Hunter told me I had to see this 3 y.o. pony that Sam Caldwell had. She went to his barn on the grounds and got Mud Slide Slim out of his stall and rode him up and down the road a couple of times. He was far from finished but the talent was evident. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Smitty posted a picture of my oldest son on Mud with Tim Gray a while back. I was never around him as a young horse but when he was older, he was a dream to ride and he was real hard to out-CUTE!
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Mark of Delight   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:38 pm

People in my area thought Elmo might win the big stake with Mark of Delight, but it did not happen. I saw him great a few times, but he never went over the top. Really liked that hoss!!!! Never did see Bailey show him.
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Agree on the history of Mud and Sam, if I remember correctly, Mud's first show was at Clanton, AL as a 3 year old. He wowed the crowd and Sam's legs looked like they could touch the ground on him. That would have been the first week-end of April of his 3 year old year. Unfortunately, the Clanton show fell by the wayside years ago.
Back to top Go down
Bubbadog

Bubbadog

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 pm

GOOD GRACIOUS your memory is sharp MM!
Back to top Go down
thirdworkout

thirdworkout

PostSubject: THIRDWORKOUT   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:48 pm

BILL BAILEY DID VERY WELL WITH MARK OF DELIGHT WON STAKE CLASSES THRU OUT KY AND OH AND I BELIEVE HE SHOWED HIM AT THE TWHNC TOO BUT I WILL HAVE TO CHECK. I THINK MR AND MRS LESTER BESL BOUGHT HIM ABOUT THE SAME TIME THEY BOUGHT KING OF MASTERPIECE.
Back to top Go down
High Chaparral

High Chaparral

PostSubject: Mark of Delight   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:07 pm

thirdworkout, Thanks!!!!
Back to top Go down
MirallyMeadows

MirallyMeadows

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Naw, Bubbadog. Easy to remember Mud and the Clanton show was usually the first Alabama show of the season! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:25 am

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 TheDancingDukeHollyLiddell2

The Dancing Duke & Holly Liddell
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:28 am

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 BowlesCollage

Top left: Tom's Copy (?) & Earl Bowles
Top right: Happy Hollow Curious & Earlita Bowles at the International
Bottom left: Happy Hollow Curious & Sammy Day in the World Grand Championship
Bottom right: Delight's Dude & Earlita Bowles at the Celebration
Back to top Go down
senator69

senator69

PostSubject: kentucky memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Tommy Williams posted on FB that Sammy played harmonica at the Rupp Arena last night .He had a short clip.Sammy is one talented dude to say the least .
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:30 am

Thanks for the heads up Senator69. I watched the clip.........couldn't see him very well, but could certainly hear him. I wonder if he's a CAT fan or a VOL fan ???????

scratch head
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:19 am

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 DougDadisman
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:53 am

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 DelilghtNLivelyBobMcQuerry
Delight N' Lively with Bob McQuerry, Keith McQuerry and owners at left
Back to top Go down
Corky

Corky

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 6:27 pm

smitty wrote:
Good to hear that Corky. He has always been a fine horseman and rode some good ones.
Two I remember were Grand Copy and Major's John Boy. I know he rode some top stock for the Roberts in Irvine as well, but that was a little before my time. I'll see if I can find some more photos.

He Started with Marvin Wilson, when he was 16 years old and also worked for kibler Farms, Tom just never really liked to show He always said sell them and let someone else bragg...lol I will get a list...Its Quite a long one,I sure!
Back to top Go down
smitty
Admin
smitty

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:32 pm

There's a TON of good Kentucky trainers that deserve to be on this Topic, but I simply don't have any photos of them. If anyone out there in radio land has any photos of any of the following trainers and their horses that they would like to share, then simply email them to me at timmbur@gmail.com

Mike Thomas
Donnie May
Buddy & Rodney Dick
Herbert Derickson
Billy & Johnny Jackson
Alonzo Napier
Donald Stamper
Clyde Abbott
Walt Bruner
Eddie Carter
Sharon Ping
Smokey Carswell
Jim Lynn
Paul Whitehead
Eddie Martin

The list goes on and on and on..............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories   Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kentucky, Ohio & Indiana Memories
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next